Custom Cards Interactive Tutorial

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

[align=center]**C-C-I-T**

Custom Cards Interactive Tutorial

This thread will serve the purpose of the Custom Cards Section as a whole. And be an interactive Tutorial, written by members of this forum who wish to contribute. These tutorials may contain anything you wish; Ranging from basic OCG tips, to how to make a card look nice. The choice is yours. But these posts are not without their requirement. [/align]

Requirements

• Each Post must be contained within a Spoiler as well as a brief summary of what it contains above the Spoiler. Assuming that it is more than half a page long.
  • Each Post must be Personal Messaged to me, in entirety.
  • Your Post will then be looked over, and asked to be changed or otherwise. Spell-check is appreciated.
  • Then we will decide on a Time for which to post said Post. As this thread will be unlocked at that time.
  • This thread will be locked Promptly afterward. And any excess posts to it will be deleted on sight, that was not agreed upon.

This thread will remain locked for the most part, until the times stated above. And will have a discussion thread, when I start getting posts in here besides my own. But I will ask 2 things of those reading this;

• I realize the name doesn't roll off the Tongue. So please PM me suggestions to the name. But do not send me a barrage of PM's. So be wary of the times of day etc.
  • You may Send me PM's of your Tutorial, or Post whenever you like. But I cannot guarantee anything. As I said above, the posts must be approved.

Enjoy!

[align=center]Creating your own Subtypes by J-Max & Judgement Dragon

Good evening YCM. Today I have been seeing a lot of questions from the Members asking YCMaker "Can you add *Insert Type here*?" Well today I will be showing you a Step by Step guide to create your very own Type in the Card Maker. First of all, it's best to do this on a Completed card. I will also be providing Images to help you out.

[spoiler=STEP 1] Create your Card, i'm going to use my Pokevolution Hybrid Skitty.

2qbewy1.jpg

[spoiler=STEP 2] Right click on the Card Image and select "Copy Image Location" (This may be different on a Mac)

16jfuys.jpg

[spoiler=STEP 3] Open up Notepad and Paste the Text into the New Notepad File. Now this is where it get's Tricky. The part you are looking for is called *subtype=effect* Replace the effect pzrt with what you want. I am going to call it YCM LEGEND.

2po62xt.jpg

2n099gn.jpg

[spoiler=STEP 4] Now copy the ENTIRE Link from Notepad and Paste it in a New Tab in IE or Firefox.

w8l4q1.jpg

VIOLA! You can now create any Subtype you wish to do, I will personally be using this to create the Field Type. Let's see what you can do :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Explorer Tut by Judgement Dragon!

[spoiler=Stage 1]

1reslh.jpg

Right Click on the card and Left Click on Properties.

[spoiler=Stage 2]

eahatw.jpg

Find the Address and copy it into a Word Processing Program like Notepad.

[spoiler=Stage 3]

am90j.jpg

Replace the subtype=effect part with subtype=*your subtype here*.

[spoiler=Stage 4]

Copy the edited text into your Address Bar and follow that link to get this:

wbzciv.jpg

Now remeber to save your Customized Card.

[/align]

[spoiler=[b]How To Edit Subtypes In Safari[/b]]

[spoiler=[b]Step 1[/b]]

Open your card in the card maker.

picture1i.png

[spoiler=[b]Step 2[/b]]

Right click over the image and select Copy Image Adress

picture2l.png

[spoiler=[b]Step 3[/b]]

Paste the image into a blank document somewhere

picture3qjw.png

[spoiler=[b]Step 4[/b]]

Mine came out as a short link, so I opened the link in Safari and copied the link from up top.

picture7kol.png

[spoiler=[b]Step 5[/b]]

Paste the link into a blank document some where. Then, replace 'effect' with your desired Subtype

picture8s.png

[spoiler=[b]Step 6[/b]]

Open the link in Safari

picture10zlu.png

[spoiler=[b]What To DO When You Have Found The Right Image.[/b]]

[align=center]Have you ever found the PERFECT image, but when you put it into a card, it just didn't look quite right? Well, this could be because the shape of your image is NOT square.

So firstly' date=' let me explain. The card maker takes whatever image you upload, and re sizes it. It creates a nearly square image in place of what ever image you had. This means it may end up squashed one way or another.[/quote']

[/align]

• Step 1: Open you image into whatever program you have that could crop (shrinking the image by deleting bits).
  • Step 2: Select a region that looks squarish. It does not have to be a exact square.
  • Step 3: Crop the image to the selected region.
  • Step 4: Save your image.
  • Step 5: Generate your card with the new image.
  • Step 6: If you do not like the way your image turned out, you can go back, and edit the image again.

A few little things you can do to save you trouble:

• I believe the YCM makes card's images 245, 240. Crop your image to this size, or a multiple of said numbers.
  • Save the croped image under a different name, this means that if you must return and try again, you do not need to find the image again.

[/align]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JoshIcy

This is my proposal for Dark Synchro and Dark Tuner Rulings and there OCG on YCM' date=' because there seems to be a lot of confusion about them. These Rulings might change as we see more of these types in the anime.

[i']All rulings and ocg are based on: Making it easy for you and Not hindering creativity![/i]

You don't have to fallow these. Take em or Leave them.

Dark Tuner Rulings and OCG

1. Dark Tuners do not need Dark Tuner in name.

Example: Darkforce Shuno Guardian sounds personally better than Darkforce Dark Tuner Shuno Guardian.

2. Dark Tuners and Tuners are different in subtypes, but since they still have "Tuner" in name, so they can all be counted as "Tuner monsters". This doesn't mean Dark Tuners can be used for a Synchro summoning; since Synchros say 1 Tuner and not Tuner Monster.

Examples: Increase all Tuner monster's Levels by 1. (meaning both Tuner and Dark Tuners)

Increase all Dark Tuner's Levels by 1./ Increase all Dark Tuner monster's Levels by 1 (Meaning only for Dark Tuners)

Increase all Tuner's Levels by 1./ Increase all Tuner monster's Levels by 1 except Dark Tuners. (Meaning only Normal Tuners)

3. Non-Tuner's are any monster that is not a Tuner or Dark Tuner. which means you can not combine Dark Tuners with Normal Tuners for there Synchro Summons. Reason being the 2 would try to synchro each other and the 2 would cause an infinite Loop.

Example: 1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner monsters means No Dark Tuners for the Non-Tuner part.

Dark Synchro Rulings and OCG

Dark Synchro Rulings and OCG

1. Unlike Dark Tuners and Tuners, Dark Synchros and Synchros are different Card Types (hints the different card backgrounds); which means Dark Synchro and Synchro can not just be classified as just Synchros.

2. Dark Synchro Summons are still counted as a Synchro Summon.

Example: Neither Player can Synchro summon. (meaning you can not Dark Synchro summon ether.)

3. Dark Synchros can use more than 1 Non-Tuner monster just like Normal Tuners can.

Example: 1 or more Non-Tuner monster(s) - 1 Dark Tuner

4. Dark Synchros don't need there summoning requirements in their text because: everyone; im pretty sure knows how to dark synchro summon by now. it's a waist valuable text space. And finally synchros don't have their summoning conditions on there cards so why should their dark counter parts?

Example: 1 or more Non-Tuner monster(s) - 1 Dark Tuner (this has to be there, but the rest about subtraction doesn’t)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived