Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

SushiTheLegend

Oh please' date=' the third film completely ruined the canonness. TSCC are meant to continue the canon timeline.

[/quote']

So the show is meant to be more correct than a movie from the franchise in which there is no work to base the stories on other than previous movies?

Plus, the producer says the the show goes on an alternate timeline.

And Emo, it actually takes place after 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think everyone who watches it is hoping it isn't, that cliffhanger was EVIL. As for the series being canon, James Cameron is CANON. The first two films are therefore CANON. The series unlike Terminator 3+ follows James Cameron's ideas. Also the cliffhanger for Season 2 clearly goes with how "John Connor appeared out of nowhere" since he literally did appear out of nowhere.

Also, in Terminator 3, Skynet had no computer core, yet in Terminator 2-3D it clearly had a core which the T800 and young John attempted to destroy while fighting the T-1000000. Therefore it is safe to assume that in TTSCC, since John Henry had his own little core that the Skynet of the series would also have it's own core, therefore making it CANON. ^^

remember, the tv series pretends T3 never took place.

I don't know about the season finale. Certainly was a nice wrap up, but not as a SERIES finale, which a lot of online sites seem to insist it is.

Anyways, while Skynet has no computer core, it still has to keep the majority of its components in one location, not scatter it everywhere. If you do and one piece is destroyed, it effects the functions of all the other pieces, thus preventing Skynet from working properly

Same here. She has yet to prove she's part of the resistance, and if she what she said is true in combating skynet, it's more operating her own agenda.

For the "Will you join us?" message delivered, it makes me believe that Weaver is the same T-1000 terminator that escaped the submarine in that Jimmy Carter mission

She IS the same T-1000 apparently. Also she is not part of the resistance, she is part of the machines who want PEACE rather than to destroy. One person stated that when John Connor asked if they would join them, and she said the answer is no that Weaver didn't think John Connor was ready.

Also my concern is what happened with Cameron and John Henry, and it seems that Allison is well...more strong willed in this alternate future because unlike previously where Cameron scared the crap out of her, Allison looked all emotionless like Cameron did while stroking that dog. Also do you believe John Henry is actually the person who started the Terminators who want peace? And that Weaver was just ensuring he was created much like the Terminators who tried to ensure Skynet is created?

Well most likely she is the same T-1000, although it's not too proven well.

And as for the end, I'm still unsure if that's really Allison Young. I only believe so because of the way the dog reacted to her (if she was Cameron the dog would have reacted differently).

Allison might be more strong willed this this timeline because maybe it's still at the point LONG before she's captured by the machines or something.

As for John Henry, that is hard to say. Until we can see where he is and what he is doing, nothing can be certain.

Besides, as you clearly saw from many previous examples, not ALL the resistance fighters want re-programmed terminators on their side. For the terminators that want peace, I doubt they could just come to the humans to switch sides.

Also I believe Cameron has some connection to the Terminators who want peace. It would make sense as to how she knew what Weaver meant by "Join Us", and why she simply gave her chip to John Henry.

Also it had to be Allison Young, as I believe Cameron's little "I'm Allison Young, Not A Machine" stunt where she spoke with Allison's future mother influenced that future. Ultimately everything that happened influenced the future where "John Connor appeared out of nowhere".

you know, Cameron's uniqueness is nothing really special.

Remember, she is a T-715, from the 700 series. Now, in T1 the majority of terminators were the 600 series, the 800 series had just been created, which was the main type of terminator for the resistance was by T2 and T3.

No one knew (as of that time) where the 700 series fit in. By now, although an effective fighter, it was clearly not designed for this type of fighting.

As for the series being canon' date=' James Cameron is CANON. The first two films are therefore CANON. The series unlike Terminator 3+ follows James Cameron's ideas. Also the cliffhanger for Season 2 clearly goes with how "John Connor appeared out of nowhere" since he literally did appear out of nowhere.

Also, in Terminator 3, Skynet had no computer core, yet in Terminator 2-3D it clearly had a core which the T800 and young John attempted to destroy while fighting the T-1000000. Therefore it is safe to assume that in TTSCC, since John Henry had his own little core that the Skynet of the series would also have it's own core, therefore making it CANON. ^^

[/quote']

James Cameron may be the creator of Terminator, but he isn't working on the show.

And with all the things going on the series it doesn't even correspond to the first two movies. The series has several enemies attacking the Connor's all over the place while the first two focused on one attacking at a time because of the idea that the future could actually be changed. It was meant to be a symbol of them fighting against it by forcing Skynet to expend it's very limited ability to send better and better assassins back in time. Terminator 3 actually is close to what a third Terminator movie would make sense as.

T3 gave Skynet a central computer core, that's why the general, Brewster's father, actually told them there was a core. He tricked them and ended up leading them to a bunker to survive, but he told them that that was where the core was located. They never said there wasn't a core, but just didn't show it.

In the TV series it's because Skynet decided to take another approach, a little like T3's way of killing Connor's lieutenants instead.

For the TV series, Cromartie alone was sent to kill Connor. If for some reason he fails, that's perfectly fine. That is why there are plans to continue to build skynet (a better version of it) with other terminators sent back, programmed only to kill Connor if they have a visual target of him.

Actually T3 states "There was no core, Skynet is software and is on every computer in the world". So yes it did say there was no core in T3. Also as Rag said, only one Terminator was sent back to kill John Connor, the others were to ensure Skynet's creation much like with the T-X, furthermore Cameron's model was never stated, but it was shown to be similar to the T-X with the blue eyes, yet in the finale with red.

Also, if the movie was as diverse as the series, meaning if James Cameron had made it a straight up series and not a movie, he probably would of been able to have more than one terminator, since it was a movie it was limited right there. With a series they have more room for character developement, and plot development.

Archived