Marshmallon/Marshmallon glasses

Generally, if someone has Marshmallon on the field, it is usually alone (or coupled with an offensive monster), so the Glasses are not necessary. If you need to keep attacks at bay while using Mashmallon and 1 or more other monsters, use Raregold Armor in place of the Glasses. Raregold Armor is not as much of a dead draw, and can be coupled with The Fool too. Though even Raregold usually won't be needed most of the time.

Guest PikaPerson01

I always see people who randomly put marshmallon in there deck but never marshamallon glasses why is that?

They're probably putting Marshmallon in to fill up their quota of splashable light monsters for Chaos Sorcerer.

... Oh, there's a second part of the question. You're a really terrible duelist if you're honestly asking that.

Guest PikaPerson01

Okay' date=' pikaperson you need to stop comming to everyones threads and putting them down, nobody thinks your cool, what are you 12? Im not a terrible duelist cause I dont know some of the newer cards.

[/quote']

I'm not here to look cool to a bunch of kids who can't even grow facial hair. I'm here to make sure the future community of Yu-Gi-Oh and other terribad duelists aren't completely awful, and also laugh at truly pathetic ones.

As for the remark about "newer cards", Chaos Sorcerer came out in America way before Marshmallon did, and Glasses came out in the same set Marshmallon did.

The reason Glasses is never run is because it's a horrible, situational card that would never be run in any decent deck.

Okay' date=' pikaperson you need to stop comming to everyones threads and putting them down, nobody thinks your cool, what are you 12? Im not a terrible duelist cause I dont know some of the newer cards.

[/quote']

I'm not here to look cool to a bunch of kids who can't even grow facial hair. I'm here to make sure the future community of Yu-Gi-Oh and other terribad duelists aren't completely awful, and also laugh at truly pathetic ones.

As for the remark about "newer cards", Chaos Sorcerer came out in America way before Marshmallon did, and Glasses came out in the same set Marshmallon did.

The reason Glasses is never run is because it's a horrible, situational card that would never be run in any decent deck.

You really just need to shut up now. ^

As for the card, It will not be used in a good/competitive deck. And rarely a for fun duel

Marshmallon Glasses=situational and dead draws. besides the fact that you usally dont even need to protect other monsters since it would be alone and it takes away cards from the rest of the theme. if your running Marshmallon in a Deck then your theme isnt likely to actually be Marshmallon (at least i hope not) so why do you need a support card for it?

if a GOOD duelist could make a card like marshmallon glasses work then we would all be copying it and running it oureslves and then the glasses would get limited too. Plus most decks anymore dont want to keep a card like Marshmallon on the field for very long anyways. they will either synchro it quickly or tribute it for a Monarch. the glasses become dead card on the field once you use Marshmallon for a synchro or tribute so they sit on the field filling a spell zone doing absoulutley nothing.

if a GOOD duelist could make a card like marshmallon glasses work then we would all be copying it and running it oureslves and then the glasses would get limited too. Plus most decks anymore dont want to keep a card like Marshmallon on the field for very long anyways. they will either synchro it quickly or tribute it for a Monarch. the glasses become dead card on the field once you use Marshmallon for a synchro or tribute so they sit on the field filling a spell zone doing absoulutley nothing.

A good duelist would not use this card if they wanna win.

Marshmallon = Yes

M. Glasses = No

If you wanna decide what the opponent attacks, you'd be better off summoning "Patrician of Darkness". If nothing else, it can be used for Allure and even used to summon "Chaos Sorceror" when removed with "Marshmallon".

As already stated, the Glasses just aren't worth it in the long run. Just use "Marshmallon" by itself.

okay, for people that don't understand why the glasses are bad, let me put it this way...

You have 40+ cards in a Deck, you are only allowed 1 of those 40+ slots to be a marshmallon. The posibilities of pulling it consistently in every duel are just existent. Now, lets add the glassess...there are plenty of situations where this has been used... I'll give also some personal examples:

1) you draw the glassess but don't have marshmallon(yet). you play it anyways(if you are loosing) and your opponent destroys it just for the LOLs...

2) you have a bunch of monsters to protect, and you have marshmallon and the glassess on the field(very hard to do)... in this case if you have lots of monsters to protect you are usually winning and your opponent doesn't even have something to attack with...

3)you have marshmallon and the glassess (again, very hard to do) but marshmallon is the only monster you have there... again.. why did you activate the glassess at this point?

4)you have some monsters you want to protect, your opponent has some potensial attackers (most likely possible if you run a stall deck, but not as much of a possible scenario elsewhere). what if you still have marshmallon face-down or are about to summon it?... are you going to use it in face-up Attack Position just so you can use the glassess? might aswell use "Astral Barrier"

A suggestion is don't use it.. there are some other stalling cards that don't depend in 1 single card in your Deck to work, don't become useless once the marshmallon has left the field, and that can be used in more situations than this card (refer to the list of situations above)

This card doesn't even stop the Attacks, if you play against, lets say, gladiador beasts... your opponent won't stop attacking because you redirect the attack to marshmallon, your opponent WILL voluntarily attack marshmallon...

even if there is a good enough duelist with a good enough deck that can make this work, it won't last too long with all the S/T removal effects out there... I would rather use Swords of Revealing Light, the opponent will usually not destroy swords because they are gone after 3 turns anyway(unless they are striking for OTK or have more than they need at hand)

--@whoever feels this is directed to: Don't have to get angry, Pikaperson01 is not being mean, his/her arguments are legitimate...LOL@ people that get in a discusion with someone over the internet because that person was a little mean in 1 comment (the content of the message is what counts) and even if pikaperson has also said "idiot" to me before, I have to admit the lessons are useful....

I had some more stuff to say but I forget some of the content of my comments once in a while..(I guess I just write too much)............

There really are better options for your marshmallon than the glasses. There's raregold armor, stauch defender, shift, even ring of magnetism. And if you use the glasses, someone will have a smashing ground, fissure, soul taker, karma cut ready that will kill marshmallon and the glasses will occupy a spell zone than can be used for better purposes.

Archived