Final Fantasy VII

Zimiri of the Muse

You'll probably hate the graphics.

They can be really annoying' date=' especially if you get stuck in the Train Graveyard for an hour like I did.

[/quote']

Really? It was kind of easy to complete the game, except "Jenova" which you'll probably meet...

The Graphics are bad but the storyline and plot is just so amazing!

Here are a few basic things to keep in mind:

1. First thing I did when I started playing was to switch the controls. The default controls have O as confirm and X as cancel. You can change that if you want. I personally did because it was kind of annoying.

2. Cloud walks really slowly. If you want him to run, be prepared to hold down [] the whole game.

3. Don't let the graphics bother you. By today's standards, they're pretty horrible. Though the graphics while your fighting are pretty decent.

4. I personally never found the game too difficult. Maybe because I grinded for forever in the very beginning before fighting the first boss. That reminds me, make sure you have a PS1 memory card. It took me forever to find this game a few years ago, and when I started it up and wanted to save, I couldn't use my PS2 memory card. So the next day, I had to go out and buy a PS1 memory card. At least my guys were around level 12 before I faced the first boss. :/

5. And because people are talking about getting stuck in stupid places, it helps to press either the start or select button (I can't remember which one). It makes it so all exits and latters and whatnot are marked with arrows. That really only helps you when you can't tell what's a door or something like that, but it still kind of helps.

But yeah, have fun with it. Final Fantasy VII is probably one of my favorite games. And once you beat it, definitely get Crisis Core. It's probably one of the best games on the PSP.

The story is amazing but the graphics aren't good but it's the story and gameplay that you should look for in games.

You will probably get lost a LOT. Don't worry, you'll find a way out (eventually).

It is my all time favourite FF game.

Also, beware of Yuffie. She knows how to make a great first impression ¬_¬

Guest JoshIcy

Ooh a good tip, because this allowed me to do something good.

Keep Steal Materia and always use it on any and all bosses you encounter, especially the Turks. And do not kill anyone until all items have been grabbed (this includes any misc enemies within the fight).

You don't have to pair it or anything. So if there is a solo-slot. That's the best choice.

The Items you get can be insanely awesome. And because of it, I was able to beat Seraph/Safer Sephiroth at lvl29 (Cloud) with no trouble at all. Although if you want to beat the Weapons (Ruby-Emerald) leveling up would be wise.

You cab always go to gamefaqs and look through a walkthrough. But ere are some tips:

Think one step ahead of the monsters/boss. If you lost to a boss. Think to urself Does he have any strengths and weaknesses? ex: Te first 2 bosses are robots, so use Bolt to cause damage. plus equip armor and Materia Combos (ex: Elemental-Fire/Ice/Lightning/Gravity/Poison) so you are either immune or absorbing any elemental damage they cause. 2 of the Jenova bosses will cause Fire, then Water damage so equip Fire or Water rings when you get them. You also might wanna put some tissue to a reachable location because some scenes will make ur eyes watery (1 scene in particular, but I'm not gonna spoil ya).

Also, try to do some side quests when you get the chance. On around disc 2 and 3, you can breed Chocobos and even race them :p There is also valuable Materia and items if you do tem (Like, as a lot of Final Fantasy side-quests, The Ultimate summon)

The story is amazing but the graphics aren't good but it's the story and gameplay that you should look for in games.

You will probably get lost a LOT. Don't worry' date=' you'll find a way out (eventually).

Also, beware of Yuffie. She knows how to make a [i']great[/i] first impression ¬_¬

I agree that graphics aren't a major part of a game.

However, I believe that FF7 is a failed attempt at taking the series into 3D.

It's a good game, but I still think that they probably just should've stayed in 2D at the time, or waited a year or two so they could improve the graphics.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Tifa sucks.

Barrett also sucks.

Sephiroth really sucks, in that he's completely overpowered and has a horrible fanbase. ...So, really, he's bad in the same way the Twilight series is.

This < FFI, FFIX.

You'll probably hate the graphics.

They can be really annoying' date=' especially if you get stuck in the Train Graveyard for an hour like I did.

[/quote']

Don't forget Supernova. >.<

I mean, really, for an attack that can't kill you...

^Wouldn't Libra be a good thing to use then' date=' or does this game lack Libra for some reason?

I'll wait for a remake of this game, since Square Enix would be stupid not to remake it.

[/quote']

They remade the opening in hopes of remaking it for the PS3.I swear if they don't a whole bunch of FF fans will go on a boycott or something

12 + many several Tactics games. (I think XIII id put in Japan)

You will probably get lost a LOT. Don't worry' date=' you'll find a way out (eventually).

Also, beware of Yuffie. She knows how to make a [i']great[/i] first impression ¬_¬

Yes!!! Make sure you do NOT go to the menu, or use the save point. This will make you take ur eyes off her, then she'll run away with some gil. Also, don't insult her abilities. She is very proud of her skills. When she starts talking, use answers 2, 1, 2, 1. Then you'll get Yuffie

Archived