Frunk's Deck - Return to Power

Frunk

Last Updated: Sunday, 24th June '07

After losing a small series of duels to my friend (known as Ashes Right Hand on these forums) 5 - 1, he was using a very simplistic deck I made and gave to him, and only truely realised yesterday that it's better than my deck, the Dragon Tamer. So, seeing the light that my old deck was a pile of crap with a bunch of good cards and too many un-related strategies with practically no foundation, I made some changes to my deck, both minor and major, and the result follows. So far, this deck is unbeaten with 2 wins, 0 draws and 0 loses. It contains 48 cards, not including a two card fusion deck. The main changes of this deck are the spell and trap cards, as well as them, I eliminated alot of my un-needed monsters from my old deck.

Fusion Deck

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Dark Paladin

Ritual Monsters

Paladin of White Dragon

Normal Monsters

Blue-Eyes White Dragon (3)

Dark Magician

Luster Dragon #2

Luster Dragon (2)

Vorse Raider

Gemini Elf

Opticlops

Neo Bug (2)

The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave

Effect Monsters

Buster Blader

Kaiser Glider

Ryu Kokki

Chaos Sorcerer

Hade-Hane

Gearfried the Iron Knight (2)

Masked Dragon

Spirit Ryu

Des Koala

Man-Eater Bug

Spell Cards

Normal Spells

Dark Hole

Fissure

Hammer Shot

Polymerization (2)

Stray Lambs

Swords of Revealing Light

Continuous Spells

Precious Cards from Beyond

Equip Spells

Buster Rancher

Quick-play Spells

Mystical Space Typhoon

Rush Recklessly

Ritual Spells

White Dragon Ritual

Trap Cards

Normal Traps

A Hero Emerges

Fruits of Kozaky's Studies

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor (2)

Continuous Traps

Call of the Haunted

Coffin Seller

Ordeal of a Traveler

Robbin' Goblin

Robbin' Zombie

Soul Resurrection (2)

Counter Traps

Magic Drain

In: The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave, Paladin of White Dragon, Buster Rancher, White Dragon Ritual, A Hero Emerges, Coffin Seller, Ordeal of a Traveler

Out: Big Koala, Invader of the Throne, Remove Trap, Soul Release, Dark Snake Syndrome, Scapegoat, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Riryoku Field

If you wanna know about any of the cards in my deck, add a reply.

Ahh.......I may just have to break out the NATIONAL TOURNEY DECK to discipline you...... :twisted:

Not the National Tourny Deck!! AHH!! :shock: :lol: I've used it in two duels and won both, the first without using a single lifepoint. 8)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read something in joshcooper's tutorial about loading created cards onto it, I'd guess you could do the same for your new cards. Anyway, whatever deck you use, I look forward to dueling.

i second that

Thank you, but I just realized that he has 3 1800 Atk, non-dragon normal monsters that would be more suitable for exchanging.

Opticlops and Neo bug x2. Skilled Dark Magicians are normal rare in DR2 and you can get 2 in the Spellcaster Structure Deck.

Mua not bad i just think u need some more tribute monsters' date=' and Chaos Sorcerer is banned so.[/quote']

I know, it really does annoy me... Though my friends don't care about it though. I mean, it's effect is great, but it's not overpowered in my opinion.

Chaos Magician is not overpowered ?

1. It can be special summoned at very cheap price... a single Pikeru and Ebon in graveyard will do...

2. Compared to VWXYZ's effect which is very complicated to summon...

This is my opinion about your deck.

1. Too much cards (48)

2. Who's the boss here ? BEUD ?

Dark Paladin ? A single Buster Blader is enough. It is a long road to summon this monster.

If you want Dark paladin, make a deck to summon it ASAP, not to cross it with BEUD.

I knew better combo with BEUD which inflicts 13500 damage in a single turn.

If you make a Dragon Deck, it is wise to add FHD here. You just need a Dragon Mirror.

3. What the purpose of Big koala,Des koala, Opticlops, Neo Bug, Ryu Kokki, Chaos Sorcerer, Gearfried, Invader of the Throne, Riryoku field, Dark Snake Syndrome, Gemini Elf here ? I just know better cards to put here than these...

1. It can be special summoned at very cheap price... a single Pikeru and Ebon in graveyard will do...

1. Too much cards (48)

Dark Paladin ? A single Buster Blader is enough. It is a long road to summon this monster.

If you want Dark paladin' date=' make a deck to summon it ASAP, not to cross it with BEUD.

If you make a Dragon Deck, it is wise to add FHD here. You just need a Dragon Mirror.

3. What the purpose of Big koala,Des koala, Opticlops, Neo Bug, Ryu Kokki, Chaos Sorcerer, Gearfried, Invader of the Throne, Riryoku field, Dark Snake Syndrome, Gemini Elf here ? I just know better cards to put here than these...[/quote']

Wow, is it just me or does anyone else find that confrentational? :shock: You know what, I can be confrentational too!

48 too much?! Oh, sorry, I kinda like having a traditional style deck with close to 50 cards. Rather than all these stupid burn decks that just ruin and are not in the spirit of the game, I'm 8 over the minimum, what's the problem?!

Boss, does every deck need a freakin' boss does it? Here you are, I'm the boss of the bloody deck, I own it!! :x

This deck does not revolve around the fusions, I can and do win without them! Seeing that you did not share you 'super-ultimate chocolately covered' combo, I really don't card what it was.

What is the purpose? If you really want me to go through why they are there I will;

- Big Koala: This happens to be one of my favourite cards, if I was using this is a tournament, I might take it out, it's a friendly deck, used against my friends, if I slaughter them every time, they're not gonna duel me, are they?

- Des Koala: FLIP: Inflict 400 lifepoints of damage, then leave it in defence position because my friends don't have anythng to destroy it!

- Opticlops: No tributes for 1800 ATK, 1700 DEF, enough said in my opinion. You name me a better card than that and I'll consider it.

- Neo Bug: See above, it's exactly the same.

- Ryu Kokki: Warriors and Spellcasters are destroyed regardless of this cards 2400 ATK! One tribute for that?!

- Chaos Sorceror: It is Chaos Sorceror, not Magician! :? Remove one light and one dark which have been destroyed already for a free 2300 ATK + the ability to remove a card from play each turn instead of attacking, yes thanks. :x

- Gearfried: No tributes for 1800 ATK, 1600 DEF, see Opticlops.

- Invader of the Throne: Hmm, I dunno, I get the thing that destroys this, which muct have more than 1700 ATK.

- Riryoku Field: This card is unbeleivebly useful if you know how to use it.

- Dark Snake Syndrome: For me this card has been the difference between winning and losing on several occasions, 200 when you play it, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400. What's the problem?!?!

- Gemini Elf: No tributes for 1900 ATK, why the heck not?!?!

You name me better cards, and I'll consider 'em, 'I know better cards than these' does not mean aa thing to me.

add future fusion i didnt read the traps add magic cylinder if its not in your deck

Thank you KA Flame, I will try to get my hands on Future Fusion, and yes, Magic Cylinder is already in my deck. :)

1. Too much cards (48)

If you want Dark paladin' date=' make a deck to summon it ASAP, not to cross it with BEUD.

3. What the purpose of Big koala,Des koala, Opticlops, Neo Bug, Ryu Kokki, Chaos Sorcerer, Gearfried, Invader of the Throne, Riryoku field, Dark Snake Syndrome, Gemini Elf here ? I just know better cards to put here than these...[/quote']

Wow, is it just me or does anyone else find that confrentational? :shock: You know what, I can be confrentational too!

48 too much?! Oh, sorry, I kinda like having a traditional style deck with close to 50 cards. Rather than all these stupid burn decks that just ruin and are not in the spirit of the game, I'm 8 over the minimum, what's the problem?!

Boss, does every deck need a freakin' boss does it? Here you are, I'm the boss of the bloody deck, I own it!! :x

This deck does not revolve around the fusions, I can and do win without them! Seeing that you did not share you 'super-ultimate chocolately covered' combo, I really don't card what it was.

What is the purpose? If you really want me to go through why they are there I will;

- Big Koala: This happens to be one of my favourite cards, if I was using this is a tournament, I might take it out, it's a friendly deck, used against my friends, if I slaughter them every time, they're not gonna duel me, are they?

- Des Koala: FLIP: Inflict 400 lifepoints of damage, then leave it in defence position because my friends don't have anythng to destroy it!

- Opticlops: No tributes for 1800 ATK, 1700 DEF, enough said in my opinion. You name me a better card than that and I'll consider it.

- Neo Bug: See above, it's exactly the same.

- Ryu Kokki: Warriors and Spellcasters are destroyed regardless of this cards 2400 ATK! One tribute for that?!

- Chaos Sorceror: It is Chaos Sorceror, not Magician! :? Remove one light and one dark which have been destroyed already for a free 2300 ATK + the ability to remove a card from play each turn instead of attacking, yes thanks. :x

- Gearfried: No tributes for 1800 ATK, 1600 DEF, see Opticlops.

- Invader of the Throne: Hmm, I dunno, I get the thing that destroys this, which muct have more than 1700 ATK.

- Riryoku Field: This card is unbeleivebly useful if you know how to use it.

- Dark Snake Syndrome: For me this card has been the difference between winning and losing on several occasions, 200 when you play it, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400. What's the problem?!?!

- Gemini Elf: No tributes for 1900 ATK, why the heck not?!?!

You name me better cards, and I'll consider 'em, 'I know better cards than these' does not mean aa thing to me.

48 cards may be not too much if you like it, but too much diveristy to cover the risks also belittling your chance to gain more power quickly. By looking to your card picks, I didn't have any picture about the main theme/ play style of your deck else than normal playing. I said no-no to your deck is just my opinion, if you insist it is good, OK then that's your opinion.

So you are looking some cards which can be summoned without tribute.

Slate Warrior 1900 ATK

Toon Gemini Elf 1900 ATK

Chainsaw Insect 2400 ATK

Goblin Attack Force 2300 ATK

E Goblin A Force, Giant Orc 2200 ATK

Jirai Gumo 2200 ATK

Axe Dragonute 2000 ATK

Cave Dragon 2000 ATK

Gigantes 1900 ATK

Familiar possessed Girlz 1850 ATK

Fusilier Dragon 2800/1400 ATK

Just remember, normally you can only draws,normal summon 1 card/turn. So it doesn't mean sticking with good ATK cards win the duel. If your boss here is BEUD for instance, build a deck which support BEUD efficiently. For instance, Ryu Kokki existence in this deck is desperate IMHO. Yes, I know its effect, but that card would be super duper effective when put on a Zombie Deck. So, a Pyramid Turtle can special summon this card quickly. Not to mention Book of Life, The Creator, etc.

If you're feels uneasy with Goblin's side effect and want to win the battle earlier, try to put Skill Drain...

Even Fusilier Dragon + Book of Moon/Skill Drain is deadly.

- Big Koala. This monster also lies desperately here. It is more powerful than DM, but along with 2 tribute monsters it is easily destroyed. Blue Eyes also needs 2 tributes... Not only that, if I placed this Big Koala into Beast Deck, it will singing happily... I can support it with Big March of Animal, Wild Nature Release, and fusion it to Master of Oz.

- Des Koala. Yes it is good, Des Koala, Big Koala also my favourite card. But here, its effect just another adversity.

- Riryoku Field. Tell me which part of this card better than Spell Shield Type-8.

- Dark Snake Syndrome... By analyzing your deck which has low special summons, obviously it is you whom being in disadvantage using this card. Not to mention you have no LP recovery mechanism.

- Gemini Elf, its good, but I don't see the reason to put it here other than just battling and die.

- Opticlops, if you want a defense monster, Light element have 3 of them.

Remember the rule, go into the battle is very risky. And a monster at early turns only live for 2 turns.

Just imagine, normal summon Gemini Elf at your first turn. Your enemy normal summon Goblin Attack Force.

You don't want to attack him don't you ? It is lucky for you if you have Hammer Shot, Sword of Rev Light, Scapegoat, 2 Sakuretsu. Tell me your probability 5/48 chance. If you don't attack it this turn, your opponent may summon/ tribute summon other monster. In this case, your first turn advantage is wasted.

Hmm, you didn't know Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon's OTK ?

It is my turn, I have Manju the Thousand hands, Polymerization, Paladin of the White Dragon, Premature Burial, and a Blue Eyes White Dragon, De-Fusion on my hands and has no monster in my field. My Opponent side is assumpted clear with no monster and trap which can cancel this combo.

Summon Manju, add White Dragon Ritual

Ritual Paladin of White Dragon by sacrificing Manju

Activate Paladin of the White Dragon's Effect, add 1 BEWD from my deck to my field

Premature Burial, revive Paladin of the White Dragon

Activate Paladin of the White Dragon's Effect, add 1 more BEWD from my deck to my field

I have 2 Blue Eyes on the Field and 1 on my hand, activate Polymerization, summon Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Set De-Fusion, entering Battle Phase

-- Main Part--

BEUD ATK 4500 direct damage, activate Quick Play spell De-Fusion during battle.

I've 3 Blue Eyes White Dragon on the field, with each 3000 ATK for 9000 damage total.

9000+4500=13500

That's the combo. I thought you know about this combo, so I didn't say how to perform it.

In my opinion if you're fond with Dark Paladin, make either (you must choose) Warrior/Spellcaster deck.

If you like BEUD, build Light or Dragon deck. Adding 2 Polymerization here... 2/48 chance, I can wait for a year expecting this card come to my hand.

About Chaos Sorcerer, yes it is my fault. I often misread it to Magician of Chaos...

I'm also often confused with ritual version Magician of Chaos ?!?

Maybe just another mistake.

Wow, reading all that hurt my eyes. Heres how I would do it Frunk.

Remove:

Monsters

Opticlops

Neo Bug x2

Vorse Raider

Gemini Elf

Gearfried the Iron Knight x2

Invader of the Throne

Big Koala

Des Koala

Spells:

Dark Hole

Dark Snake Syndrome

Remove Trap

Trap:

Fruits of Kozaky's Studies

Add:

Paladin of White Dragon x2

White Dragon Ritual x2

Future Fusion

Dragon Mirror

Which brings you deck total to 40 obviously these cards are here to optimize the use of your Blue-eyes cards and allow you to summon BEUD and DP quicker. Its that simple my friend.

Archived