DO DRAINING SHIELD / MAGIC CYLINDER TARGET?

I'm not sure, but maybe I can help to figure it out.

There are a couple of games with Spirit Reaper and Magic Cyclinder in it.

If you have Magic Cyclinder or draining Shield and your opponent has Spirit Reaper on Attack position and attacks with it, activate Magic Cyclinder or draining shield.

Because if Magic Cyclinder or draining shield targets, Spirit Reaper is destroyed due its own effect. If Spirit Reaper is not destroyed, than Draining Shield and Magic Cyclinder DO NOT TARGET BECAUSE IF IT DOES, IT IS DESTOYED BY ITS OWN EFFECT!!!

And if you wonder what's Spirit Reaper's effect is:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Destroy this card when it is targeted by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster. If this card successfully attacks directly, your opponent randomly discards 1 card.

So you might try it out.

I'm not sure' date=' but maybe I can help to figure it out.

There are a couple of games with Spirit Reaper and Magic Cyclinder in it.

If you have Magic Cyclinder or draining Shield and your opponent has Spirit Reaper on Attack position and attacks with it, activate Magic Cyclinder or draining shield.

Because if Magic Cyclinder or draining shield targets, Spirit Reaper is destroyed due its own effect. If Spirit Reaper is not destroyed, than Draining Shield and Magic Cyclinder DO NOT TARGET BECAUSE IF IT DOES, IT IS DESTOYED BY ITS OWN EFFECT!!!

And if you wonder what's Spirit Reaper's effect is:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Destroy this card when it is targeted by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster. If this card successfully attacks directly, your opponent randomly discards 1 card.

So you might try it out.

When "Spirit Reaper" is targeted by an effect, "Spirit Reaper" is destroyed by its own effect AFTER resolving the effect that targeted it. For example, if "Spirit Reaper" attacks and "Magic Cylinder" is activated, designating "Spirit Reaper", first "Magic Cylinder" will resolve, negate the attack, and inflict 300 damage to the controller of "Spirit Reaper". Then, after that, "Spirit Reaper" is destroyed by its effect.

it does target

True.

As Hammer Shot and Fissure.

btw' date=' just off topic, but if I kill a Six Samural with a big hammer, can an other Samurai die but not he?

[/quote']

If the card DOES NOT say "as a result of battle" on it, they can pick another.

I dont remember though xD

Archived