Star Trek is this year's The Dark Knight

It can be proven that 2 is a big number.

Thought-experiment time!

Suppose I tell you that each of two boxes' date=' A and B, contains a certain amount of money; that one contains twice as much money as the other (but which is which is unknown); and that, after you choose one, you will receive however much money is in that box.

Arbitrarily, you choose A. I open box A, and show you how much money is inside. It doesn't matter how much money it is; let's call it X.

I then offer you the choice of sticking with box A or switching and taking the money in box B instead. Now, you think of it in this manner: you have a one-half chance of gaining an extra X amount of money by switching, and a one-half chance of losing X/2 amount of money by switching. Since the two are equal in probability but the potential profit outweighs the potential loss, you naturally choose to switch to box B, so you do so.

However! Here is what you have overlooked: had you chosen box B in the first place instead of Box A, you would have used exactly the same logic and chosen to switch back to box A. Thus, even though your actions appeared perfectly logical, they merely reduced the problem back to the coin-flip it was before I offered you the chance to switch - your initial selection completely determined your final selection, and you wouldn't make any more money by switching every time than you would by keeping your original choice every time.

What went wrong? Answer that, and you will understand why 2 is a big number.

[/quote']

You really need to get out more, or at least find something else to occupy your mind..

Anyway im not a fan at all of star trek i am not really interested in seeing this, you say it got rating higher then dark knight by who critics most of them wouldn't no a good movie if it hit them in the face, i really see no way this could be better then the dark knight

It is, you don't have to be a fan of star trek to enjoy it, and stop being so skeptical and see the movie. If you don't, Roxas will waggle his finger at you >_>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought-experiment time!

Suppose I tell you that each of two boxes' date=' A and B, contains a certain amount of money; that one contains twice as much money as the other (but which is which is unknown); and that, after you choose one, you will receive however much money is in that box.

Arbitrarily, you choose A. I open box A, and show you how much money is inside. It doesn't matter how much money it is; let's call it X.

I then offer you the choice of sticking with box A or switching and taking the money in box B instead. Now, you think of it in this manner: you have a one-half chance of gaining an extra X amount of money by switching, and a one-half chance of losing X/2 amount of money by switching. Since the two are equal in probability but the potential profit outweighs the potential loss, you naturally choose to switch to box B, so you do so.

However! Here is what you have overlooked: had you chosen box B in the first place instead of Box A, you would have used exactly the same logic and chosen to switch back to box A. Thus, even though your actions appeared perfectly logical, they merely reduced the problem back to the coin-flip it was before I offered you the chance to switch - your initial selection completely determined your final selection, and you wouldn't make any more money by switching every time than you would by keeping your original choice every time.

[/quote']

You really need to get out more, or at least find something else to occupy your mind..

Anyway im not a fan at all of star trek i am not really interested in seeing this, you say it got rating higher then dark knight by who critics most of them wouldn't no a good movie if it hit them in the face, i really see no way this could be better then the dark knight

Thats it, I am not gonna see it until I can rent it.

Guest JoshIcy

Every time you watch Star Trek the current movie' date=' a Treki-fan dies. Continue to watch for all our sakes.

[/quote']

And a new one is born in its place. You cannot stop us!

Yes, people stop x_x

TWEWY is the acronym for "The World Ends With You"' date=' which is what Organization XIII's new RP is based on.

On-Topic: It amazes me that this movie had only [i']half[/i] the budget Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End had.

I ain't ignorant, so don't implyit. I know what TWEWY means. The abbreviation simply sounds stupid.

TWEWY <<<<< Chewy

Oh, and At World's End was a mediocre movie. It could've been so much better.

At World's End was an epic movie. How was it mediocre?

Thought-experiment time!

[/quote']

I am not at all surprised that you're convinced by the ramblings of an idiot.

At Worlds End was bogged down by redundant plotlines and being overlong, making its build to the climax a bit less effective, even if the final battle was still epic.

I had a dream that I was watching Star Trek and that it was animated like family guy and that Kirk had like, a Jewish grandmother. And I was half an hour into the movie and nothing interesting had happened.

true story bro

Ahh all blasphemy... In the Memory of the lost planet Vulcan i ask no demand you all see this Divine Epic Star Trek Creation of proportional manifestation as a long time Star Trek fan nothing can recreate what TOS had, yes but this re-makes in to something completely different. At first i was skeptical about the new cast and i really did hate the New Enterprise. but once i saw it. IT WAS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a true summer blockbuster and a good comparison to the Dark Knight but this New Star Trek if the second(in perdocution as we speck) dose good as the fist one Star Trek may live for another 30 years...

TWEWY is the acronym for "The World Ends With You"' date=' which is what Organization XIII's new RP is based on.

On-Topic: It amazes me that this movie had only [i']half[/i] the budget Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End had.

I ain't ignorant, so don't implyit. I know what TWEWY means. The abbreviation simply sounds stupid.

TWEWY <<<<< Chewy

Thought-experiment time!

[/quote']

How dare you call me an idiot, why because i have different opinion to you, no sir i say you are the idiot for being ignorant to others opinions...

TWEWY <<<<< Chewy

Thought-experiment time!

[/quote']

How dare you call me an idiot, why because i have different opinion to you, no sir i say you are the idiot for being ignorant to others opinions...

Capitalize "I" for once, and I might take your opinion into consideration >_>

TWEWY <<<<< Chewy

Thought-experiment time!

[/quote']

Capitalize "I" for once, and I might take your opinion into consideration >_>

I saw the movie with C today. I want my money back.

Archived