Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Shradow

Star Trek or Star Wars?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Star Trek or Star Wars?

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars

Star Wars is crushing Star Trek by18 votes!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") See Even Mr.Bunny Agrees with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Ok I'll stop now

Yes' date=' but it seems at least half the people who voted for Star Wars have never seen (or seen very little of) Star Trek; while everyone who voted for Star Trek HAS seen all the Star Wars movies.

The result is a little decieving in that matter, as it does not show a balanced viewpoint.

[/quote']

This guy is a slice of win.

Agreed.

Though, I'm one of the many who haven't,

Seen enough trek to make a complete Comparison.

I do want to watch previous movies and series.

To develop a proper and concise comparison.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see your point' date=' but I'll always have a problem with Star Wars' technology, which I think isn't explained as well as Star Trek's. I guess that's what it boils down to as I like a show billed as science-fiction to be able to explain it's technology. And I always found Star Wars never truly explained all their technology...something that Star Trek tried to do through the technical manuals and books.

Don't get me wrong, if you read the Star Wars books, you can see how the technology functions, but because it is based on things such as 'Duranium', and Lightsabre Crystals, I could never truly believe it as you couldn't see it as an extension of modern science, which mostly you can with Star Trek technology.

[/quote']

Some scientists in some part of the world have some Star Wars tech actually. You know those starship hangars with the laser forcefield looking things that act as an air lock? There is a large room filled with supercomputers somewhere that has that forcefield air lock about the size of a quarter. It's small, but it's a start.

The fact that we have that on Earth makes Star Wars tech slightly more likely.

Some scientists in some part of the world have some Star Wars tech actually. You know those starship hangars with the laser forcefield looking things that act as an air lock? There is a large room filled with supercomputers somewhere that has that forcefield air lock about the size of a quarter. It's small' date=' but it's a start.

The fact that we have that on Earth makes Star Wars tech slightly more likely.

[/quote']

Where? As far as I can tell, forcefields are still theoretical as we haven't yet managed to figure out the technology to contain atomic matter with energy.

Are you sure you're not thinking about a Forced Airlock (which sounds similar), in which air pressure on either side of the gap is balanced in such a way an area of non-moving air that acts as an airlock is formed.

I'd like to know where you found your information because I find it highly unlikely that the science behind forcefields has been solved so quickly, given that we can only contain matter with energy on a sub-atomic level: with magnetic fields holding protons and electrons in place.

Plus, Star Trek has forcefields. The most prominent one is in "Star Trek: Nemesis" where the Enterprise-E's viewscreen is blown out during the fight with the Remans and a forcefield activates to seal the area.

I here star trek sucks and I kind of like stear wars so I vote star wars!!!

From who? Star Trek's storylines are usually a lot more believable than anything Star Wars ever came up with.

The Star Wars movies are centred around one character (Anakin Skywalker), and his descent into the darkness and then atonement...all the other characters are there for is to keep the plot moving.

Star Trek has several major plotlines that link into the other series. For example there are many links drawn with "Enterprise" and "TNG"; and with "TOS" and "DS9".

I don't like it when people form an opinion on what they've heard from others and haven't experienced it for themselves.

Star Wars has a much better story with an amazing universe filled with diverse creatures enough to create a lot to the imagination which I personally like.

Star Trek's galaxy isn't exactly barren! Humans' date=' Andorrians, Tellerites, Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, Remans, Borg, Bajorans, Cardassians, Dominions, Ferengi, Hirogen...to name a few. Plus, these races were explored in far more depth than Star Wars ever tried.

I mean, if you check the Star Wars wikia, there are still pages on races that run to three lines. That's it! While on the Star Trek wikia, all the races encountered are given a backstory or cultural background.

Plus, Star Trek has the whole Mirror Universe sub-plot that runs throughout all the series that give it an added edge that Star Wars doesn't have.

Star Trek: Never saw an episode or the moive :lol:

...So you can't really pass judgement nor give a valid opinion...

Star Wars has a much better story with an amazing universe filled with diverse creatures enough to create a lot to the imagination which I personally like.

Star Trek's galaxy isn't exactly barren! Humans' date=' Andorrians, Tellerites, Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, Remans, Borg, Bajorans, Cardassians, Dominions, Ferengi, Hirogen...to name a few. Plus, these races were explored in far more depth than Star Wars ever tried.

I mean, if you check the Star Wars wikia, there are still pages on races that run to three lines. That's it! While on the Star Trek wikia, all the races encountered are given a backstory or cultural background.

Plus, Star Trek has the whole Mirror Universe sub-plot that runs throughout all the series that give it an added edge that Star Wars doesn't have.

[b']Read the bold[/b]

I know' date=' but from my standpoint it's Star Wars.[/b']

[b']Read the bold[/b]

Doesn't matter. You haven't seen Star Trek so you can't give a valid opinion of why you like one over the other.

You can't have a standpoint because you haven't seen Star Trek.

It's simple logic. Use it.

[b']Read the bold[/b]

Doesn't matter. You haven't seen Star Trek so you can't give a valid opinion of why you like one over the other.

You can't have a standpoint because you haven't seen Star Trek.

It's simple logic. Use it.

You too are a Slice of Win; possibly even a Cake of Win.

[b']I mean, if you check the Star Wars wikia, there are still pages on races that run to three lines. That's it! While on the Star Trek wikia, all the races encountered are given a backstory or cultural background.[/b]

That star wars wikia is most likely very uninformative.

Read the books, the guides to the characters, weapons, races, planets etc and you will find a very deep background to most of the races and other things in the star wars universe.

I find it hilarious how the people arguing here have little to no knowledge about the other side.

That star wars wikia is most likely very uninformative.

It seems pretty complete about most of the series. I'm pointing out certain parts of the Star Wars are not explored in any great depth.

Read the books' date=' the guides to the characters, weapons, races, planets etc and you will find a very deep background to most of the races and other things in the star wars universe.

[/quote']

You can read the novels and technical manuals to discover a similar depth to the Star Trek galaxy.

I find it hilarious how the people arguing here have little to no knowledge about the other side.

Indeed. A pattern seems to be emerging. Everyone who voted for Star Trek has seen the Star Wars movies or read some of the books. However' date=' those who voted for Star Wars haven't seen [i']any[/i] (or very little) of the Star Trek films or TV series.

Archived