Splice Battle: .:Cyrus-The-Virus VS Jappio

Jappio

Which splice do you find better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which splice do you find better?

• The first splice on the left
    • The second splice on the right

This thread is for the splice battle between .:Cyrus-The-Virus and I. Please vote for whichever splice you find to be the best. The owners of each will remain anonymous until the winner has been decided. This battle will go on until 15 votes have been cast. Winner gets one rep from the loser.

SpliceBattle.png

The sprite on the left.

The one on the right has a lot of problems with it.

For one thing, the colors are wrong. Feraligtr's main color should be the 2nd darkest color instead of the darkest color. You also killed all shading in the stomach area. The face doesn't work either.

Linoone has a huge problem in the torso, instead of it looking round, it looks like there is a flat top, then a steep side almost like a square.

The legs look wrong too. On quatrapods, the two legs that are facing us (in this case the left legs) should be connected to the side of the body. You have it placed under the body, and with the rest of the torso being flattish, your sprite resembles a table.

Thanks for the very in depth critique Zeroshot.

.:Cyrus-The-Virus, I hope you don't mind, but I figured I should put an emergency end date on this contest. I am making it 8 PM Thursday night, my time zone. I am going on some form of vacation, so after that point I won't be able to hand much in the way of contest running. If you do have a problem with the time end date, let me know.

Well the 8 hours are up. Sadly the score didn't change =P. Since it's over though, things are as they are. The score is 7 to 0, the left splice has won. The creator of the one on the left is I, Jappio. It was a fun match Cyrus, and your splice does have it's own charms, but just needs better refinement in the quality. Perhaps if you want, some day we can have a rematch.

Archived