Lets Talk: Iron Man II

Gogeta™

[align=center] The movie is currently filming and has a set release date of May 7, 2010. Expect a movie trailer later this year but nothings for sure.

They said Manderine was the next choice of villain, but the switched and went with Whiplash. I have no idea who that is and a better choice would have been to stick with Manderine.

Check out Wikipedia for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_II

Post thoughts, opinions, or stuff you know about the movie that wasn't in the wikia page.

article-0-05493830000005DC-383_468x418.jpg

Whiplash[/align]

Even if the trailer proves the villain works, its still a shame that Manderine wasn't chosen. Next to Iron Monger, Manderine is Iron Mans most notable enemy. Crimson Dynamo is another but they fused Whiplash and his character together (personality wise I would think).

I just ready to see Hulk vs Iron Man in the Avengers.

I think its a 2012 release. We still have to establish Thor and Captain America. Anyway back to the thread subject: How should War Machine be portrayed? I don't want him being to be another Iron Man but more of a secret weapon that does more damage than good. That would create good tension between Tony and Rhodey.

That would kill the entire Iron Man movie franchise right there. Marvels been doing good so far I just hope they don't go over the top.

Iron Man was a much better film than I expected, hopefully the quality won't decay like it did with the X-Men series (though it bounced back with the recent one)

I have not followed the comics, but I found the first film fairly entertaining. I hope to see the second film maintain the same level of excitement, or even more. I hope Iron Man becomes one of those series that grows better as it continues to follow franchises such as Batman and Spiderman.

{Adama}

In the first post the pic is not a villain but it is Thor

Your joking... (I really dont know :?)

I wonder if they'll just get lazy and have War Machine get the exact same weapons Iron Man has.

Thats the thing that will make or break the movie. There should be a great sense of diversity between the two characters. Iron Man is more about air comabt and lasers. War Machine is a lethal fighter with a missile launcher on one shoulder and a machine gun on the other. If that cant be properly achieved then the movie might suck.

Even though a sequel is usually good, the way they are approaching IM2 makes it look some what unpromising. Still I hope everything pans out okay.

Archived