Eden of the East

I'm not going to bother running the risk of bumping the old topic, so I'll start up a new one.

The series has finished its run, and there will be a follow-up movie in November with a second movie to be released in January 2010.

Discuss this great series and how Seleção phones are better than Death Notes.

For those of you who have not yet seen this show, you can find every episode here.

Explain how you're having that and nothing reminding you of Death Note.

Episodes 2-10 were Death Note, since the cell phone is basically a Death Note except way more powerful. 11 has made it Geass.

The 60 missiles and Akira becoming King of Japan?

Nah, this:

1) The hero has black hair.

2) The hero has an orange-haired female friend and love interest who he tries to keep out of the war.

3) The hero was selected by an outside force to be endowed with a special power that gives him ludicrous levels of control over people.

4) Others have been endowed with similar powers, and the hero must oppose them.

5) The hero fights against forces trying to destroy parts of Japanese cities and kill their inhabitants.

6) The hero has the power to erase his own memory for a Memory Gambit. He does so.

7) The hero's grand scheme requires the hero to set himself up as a supervillain.

8) The hero decides to use his power to become an authoritarian ruler.

9) The hero has several different identities. (Lelouch was Lelouch Vi Britannia, Lelouch Lamperouge, and Zero; Takizawa, as we know, used several different names throughout his plan.)

10) There will be an annoyingly long gap in which nothing new from the series is broadcasted - in fact, the first season ends on a cliffhanger of sorts, and will not be continued until a movie much later.

So yeah.

...Damn that's a good list.

However, there was no long gap between the two seasons of Code Geass, and there is no news of a follow-up.

Point 6 applies a lot more to Death Note than it does to Code Geass. Charles erased Lelouch's memories; Light and Takizawa both intentionally lost their memories.

However' date=' there was no long gap between the two seasons of Code Geass, and there is no news of a follow-up.

[/quote']

The first season of Code Geass ended on a cliffhanger in March 2007, but we didn't get the season finale (24 & 25, bundled together as a mini-movie thing) until the end of July 2007, which left us with an even bigger cliffhanger. And then R2 didn't start broadcasting until April 2008.

Point 6 applies a lot more to Death Note than it does to Code Geass. Charles erased Lelouch's memories; Light and Takizawa both intentionally lost their memories.

I was actually referring to when Lelouch seals his own memories to defeat Mao.

However' date=' there was no long gap between the two seasons of Code Geass, and there is no news of a follow-up.

[/quote']

The first season of Code Geass ended on a cliffhanger in March 2007, but we didn't get the season finale (24 & 25, bundled together as a mini-movie thing) until the end of July 2007, which left us with an even bigger cliffhanger. And then R2 didn't start broadcasting until April 2008.

Oh, you meant the dub. I was thinking of the sub, since it seemed more fair to compare that to Eden of the East.

I was actually referring to when Lelouch seals his own memories to defeat Mao.

*Reads the first example*

Ah.

[/quote']

Oh, you meant the dub. I was thinking of the sub, since it seemed more fair to compare that to Eden of the East.

No. I meant the sub. The sub broadcasted (or the raw broadcasted, since they don't broadcast subs) in the manner that I described. The dub didn't start broadcasting until April 2008, and from there it continued with one episode a week (airing 24 and 25 as separate episodes rather than together) until it finished R2 in June 2009, with just a few small gaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Code_Geass_episodes

Okay.

So' date=' since Takizawa has effectively saved Japan and become king, what could possibly happen that would encompass two films?

[/quote']

Presumably, the other Selecao aren't going to just take this lying down.

What I want to know is how he can become a king when he only has the equivalent of about sixty million dollars remaining.

If TV Tropes is correct, Yuki will apparently be the next one to die, which would make a lot of sense since he did fire the missiles. Mononobe will likely prioritize getting revenge against Takizawa alongside replacing Mr. Outside. Tsuji will probably be killed after Yuki for not spending any of his money. That leaves, No. 3, 6, 7, 8, and 12, one of whom will be the Supporter. I got a feeling it's No. 12 or a previous-unknown No. 0. We also need confirmation on whether or not Ato Saizo really is Mr. Outside. Mr. Outside could also just be a foreigner who happens to know Japanese, or even part of some group of people who establish similar games in their own countries.

Exactly how much of what I said was really possible and sensible?

If TV Tropes is correct' date=' Yuki will apparently be the next one to die, which would make a lot of sense since he did fire the missiles.. Mononobe will likely prioritize getting revenge against Takizawa alongside replacing Mr. Outside. Tsuji will probably be killed after Yuki for not spending any of his money. That leaves, No. 3, 6, 7, 8, and 12, one of whom will be the Supporter. I got a feeling it's No. 12 or a previous-unknown No. 0. We also need confirmation on whether or not Ato Saizo really is Mr. Outside. Mr. Outside could also just be a foreigner who happens to know Japanese, or even part of some group of people who establish similar games in their own countries.

Exactly how much of what I said was really possible and sensible?

[/quote']

The number 10 thing is based on Spoiler Opening, right?

I'm guessing 12 is the Supporter. Outside based this all on his love of Brazilian football, but in football there are only eleven players on the field for a team at a time, making "number 12" an odd man out.

The number 10 thing is based on Spoiler Opening' date=' right?

[/quote']

Yes. It's also based on the fact that he's done the exact opposite of what a Selecao should do.

I'm guessing 12 is the Supporter. Outside based this all on his love of Brazilian football' date=' but in football there are only eleven players on the field for a team at a time, making "number 12" an odd man out.

[/quote']

That also makes sense. However, why would he specifically assign one certain person number 12 if that would mean they're the Supporter?

EDIT:

Incidentally' date=' the Supporter is the so-called twelth player on the field.

[/quote']

What I want to know is:

- More about Kondo's affair. It seemed a little interesting to me.

- Who that woman was with Takizawa's dog in the flashback.

Mr. Outside even said the first to complete their mission would be lead to him. If he is Ato Saizo and is already dead, then what could he possibly do once Takizawa reaches him?

Hmm... this may seem like baseless spectulation, but... for some reason, I can't help but think that Ryosuke might be a selecao...

And is it just me, or did Takizawa effectively kill himself by becoming King of Japan? The movies plot will probably consist of him running from the supporter...

Hmm... this may seem like baseless spectulation' date=' but... for some reason, I can't help but think that Ryosuke might be a selecao...

[/quote']

If he was, we would have noticed by now.

And is it just me' date=' or did Takizawa effectively kill himself by becoming King of Japan? The movies plot will probably consist of him running from the supporter...

[/quote']

I don't think so. He saved Japan by shooting 60 missiles out of the sky. If he's going to be chased by the Supporter, the Supporter will likely go all out, especially since it's Takizawa.

Archived