[Yu-Gi-Oh! VOR] - [Chapter 4 - LS] - PG-16 - REPS FOR RATERS

Mehmani

Since this is a preview, the lack of description is acceptable, but I THINK you capitalize too much. One example is "Who's up for some more Cider?" instead of just "Who's up for some more cider?". There's also "The Rowdy teenagers," where Rowdy should be lowercased. But as a PG-16 fan fiction about a children's card game, it could really go somewhere.

Since this is a preview' date=' the lack of description is acceptable, but I THINK you capitalize too much. One example is "Who's up for some more Cider?" instead of just "Who's up for some more Cider?". There's also "The Rowdy teenagers," where Rowdy should be lowercased. But as a PG-16 fan fiction about a children's card game, it could really go somewhere.

[/quote']

Thank you, I appreciate the comments. Lol at last sentence. Just wait until Chapter One...

Lol. Cider. I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Interesting' date=' but way too short to fuel my imagination.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'll update it tomorrow. Jeez, I'm worried that the word "hooker" is too rude (no, there will be no hooker stuff, just one of the characters gets called that as a wind-up in Chapter 1).

Seeing as you PMed me about you adding the first chapter, you seem quite enthusiastic about this story. But beware: it's only adequate. DUN DUN DUN!!!

It looks like you're still capitalizing too much (do they do that in England? I'm from the United States, so I wouldn't know). Things like "jazz music" should be lowercased, as should music teachers, massage, makeup table and interrogator don't have to be capitalized, either. All of this capitalization makes it harder for me to read, too.

Also, there was hardly any description. Seeing as they shout "Bloody!" and there's Yu-Gi-Oh! in the title they're in an alternate-reality England where everyone plays children's card games. But what does the pub look like? Is it crowded? Are people playing children's card games or are they just drinking? What's everyone look like?

I didn't really understand what was going on. Do people really go to attractive womens' houses without even five minutes of conversation? I thought it was just America. Oh well. And there's something about an interrogator, and massaging, and, and - I'm not sure, unfortunately.

The lack of description really didn't ease me into the action, causing me to skip over some potentially-important stuff. Therefore, what you really need to do is describe. THEN I will probably get it more.

Seeing as you PMed me about you adding the first chapter' date=' you seem quite enthusiastic about this story. But beware: it's only adequate. DUN DUN DUN!!!

It looks like you're still capitalizing too much (do they do that in England? I'm from the United States, so I wouldn't know). Things like "jazz music" should be lowercased, as should music teachers, massage, makeup table and interrogator don't have to be capitalized, either. All of this capitalization makes it harder for me to read, too.

Also, there was hardly any description. Seeing as they shout "Bloody!" and there's Yu-Gi-Oh! in the title they're in an alternate-reality England where everyone plays children's card games. But what does the pub look like? Is it crowded? Are people playing children's card games or are they just drinking? What's everyone look like?

I didn't really understand what was going on. Do people really go to attractive womens' houses without even five minutes of conversation? I thought it was just America. Oh well. And there's something about an interrogator, and massaging, and, and - I'm not sure, unfortunately.

The lack of description really didn't ease me into the action, causing me to skip over some potentially-important stuff. Therefore, what you really need to do is [b']describe.[/b] THEN I will probably get it more.

Over-capitalisation is a slight habit. Yeah, I must improve description. But, it's actually set in America, it's just because I happen to be English, I use English words such as "Mum" instead of "Mom" or "Pub". Notice that the Girl's name was Roberta Izayoi? CWATIDIDTHAR? It is set before 5D's, she has mind control-style psychic powers. She is a distant relative of Aki.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

A very curious idea — treating DA like a real school in a real world — that is all but ruined by bad grammar. Punctuation goes inside quotation marks, you're capitalizing everywhere...

Oh, and listen to Kendo Fish. (S)he seems to know what (s)he's talking about. "The way she said nice made feel creeped out a bit,"? C'mon. You can do better than that. What about the way she said 'nice?' How did he feel 'creeped out?' 'Creeped' isn't a word, so you'll need to change the sentence anyway.

For the record, this is less British writing and more Haaris/Stardust syndrome, or whatever his most recent name was.

Personally, I find "bloody" works fine. Certainly better than "damned." Bleeding or cursed, which would you rather be? Ranma is damned. Zelgadis is damned.

I skimmed it and thought it was pretty good. You yourself talked about the capitalization problems, but I like damn instead of bloody in American stories. Or you can leave that area of a sentence empty (ex. What's the _____ problem?!). Without the big spaces.

I want to see how this psychic thing goes, how much Asian blood does this girl have, and keep up the green work(green means go! Red means stop...).

A very curious idea — treating DA like a real school in a real world — that is all but ruined by bad grammar. Punctuation goes inside quotation marks' date=' you're capitalizing everywhere...

Oh, and listen to Kendo Fish. (S)he seems to know what (s)he's talking about. "The way she said nice made feel creeped out a bit,"? C'mon. You can do better than that. What about the way she said 'nice?' How did he feel 'creeped out?' 'Creeped' isn't a word, so you'll need to change the sentence anyway.

For the record, this is less British writing and more Haaris/Stardust syndrome, or whatever his most recent name was.

Personally, I find "bloody" works fine. Certainly better than "damned." Bleeding or cursed, which would you rather be? [i']Ranma[/i] is damned. Zelgadis is damned.

Yeah, I'll improve it as much as possible. Thanks for the comments, guys. The first duel will be in the MSF (Maximum Security Facililty) Jesse gets sent to.

I rather enjoyed the second, raunchy chapter. Great detail of crappy stuff(literally, you mentioned 'human waste' in two different spots even if it was a liquid both times), I got to understand some guys' personalities, and it sets up what's happening in the near-future. Sadly, it's TOO SHORT. That left me sad after just 1 1/2 minutes of reading.

I rather enjoyed the second' date=' raunchy chapter. Great detail of crappy stuff(literally, you mentioned 'human waste' in two different spots even if it was a liquid both times), I got to understand some guys' personalities, and it sets up what's happening in the near-future. Sadly, it's TOO SHORT. That left me sad after just 1 1/2 minutes of reading.

[/quote']

It was written while my sister was attempting to electrocute me with a weak taser that I carry around with me as an emergency defence, so I that certainly had some effect on the matter (oh, I bought the taser in France while on a School Trip and smuggled it on the coach trip home) as a token of apology I will update it tomorrow or Sunday instead of whenever I feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived