My br00tal playlist.

Dismal Euphony

No, I can distinguish between the two. I mean that most death metal bands sounds pretty much the same, whereas technical death you can distinguish differences in style. Black metal is also very much like death metal. Death and black metal songs usually aren't as memorable.

I know, it pisses me off too when people say all metal sounds the same, yeah. But I just mean that black metal and death metal and also deathcore songs aren't always very memorable. I tried listening to Deicide for a while and I found it to be really boring, same with a lot of other death metal bands. The only death metal songs I really found memorable were Hammer Smashed Face, I Cum Blood, and Lunatic Of God's Creation.

' pid='2459981' dateline='1246344168']

No' date=' I can distinguish between the two. I mean that most death metal bands sounds pretty much the same, whereas technical death you can distinguish differences in style. Black metal is also very much like death metal. Death and black metal songs usually aren't as memorable.

I know, it pisses me off too when people say all metal sounds the same, yeah. But I just mean that black metal and death metal and also deathcore songs aren't always very memorable. I tried listening to Deicide for a while and I found it to be really boring, same with a lot of other death metal bands. The only death metal songs I really found memorable were Hammer Smashed Face, I Cum Blood, and Lunatic Of God's Creation.

[/quote']

Ah. I see now. And I half agree and half disagree. Death metal and black metal are, in fact, less memorable then some of their sub-genres. I think this is due to the hundreds and hundreds of bands that choose to play this genre of music. So there's a flood of bands that all sound the same. But, where I disagree is, I know A LOT of basic death metal/black metal bands that are very memorable. It all boils down to creativity, IMO. Like you said, Deicide was really boring. They are REALLY boring. But, if you listen to another band of the same genre, say Bloodbath, for example. I think they're extremely good and they play the same genre of metal.

Well, I'm ranting and probably not making any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is... Every genre has a high chance of being "not so memorable". I find melodic death metal to be far more memorable than death metal, but at the same time, A LOT of it sounds the same. I guess it all really boils down to how creative/talented the band is. If it were not for creativity, every band in a specific genre would sound the same. I don't know... I'm just going to stop here before I go into an insomnia-induced rant. Lol.

No' date=' I can distinguish between the two. I mean that most death metal bands sounds pretty much the same, whereas technical death you can distinguish differences in style. Black metal is also very much like death metal. Death and black metal songs usually aren't as memorable.

[/quote']

Ah. I see now. And I half agree and half disagree. Death metal and black metal are, in fact, less memorable then some of their sub-genres. I think this is due to the hundreds and hundreds of bands that choose to play this genre of music. So there's a flood of bands that all sound the same. But, where I disagree is, I know A LOT of basic death metal/black metal bands that are very memorable. It all boils down to creativity, IMO. Like you said, Deicide was really boring. They are REALLY boring. But, if you listen to another band of the same genre, say Bloodbath, for example. I think they're extremely good and they play the same genre of metal.

Well, I'm ranting and probably not making any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is... Every genre has a high chance of being "not so memorable". I find melodic death metal to be far more memorable than death metal, but at the same time, A LOT of it sounds the same. I guess it all really boils down to how creative/talented the band is. If it were not for creativity, every band in a specific genre would sound the same. I don't know... I'm just going to stop here before I go into an insomnia-induced rant. Lol.

I get what you're saying. I listened to a lot of Deicide and Dying Fetus and Suffocation, and I never could get into them. I pretty much stopped downloading basic death metal after I got those because they were just boring but I got Gorerotted's A New Dawn For The Dead and I was impressed, it's got a lot of good memorable riffs.

It just depends on the band and whether they make a distinctive style.

' pid='2460050' dateline='1246345585']

[/quote']

I get what you're saying. I listened to a lot of Deicide and Dying Fetus and Suffocation, and I never could get into them. I pretty much stopped downloading basic death metal after I got those because they were just boring but I got Gorerotted's A New Dawn For The Dead and I was impressed, it's got a lot of good memorable riffs.

It just depends on the band and whether they make a distinctive style.

Exactly. +rep for summing up what I attempted to say.

Black metal and death metal are bland for the most part, but you tend to find those hidden gems that just... stand out.

Archived