4Kids Mistakes in Dubbing and Plotholes in the yugioh series

In 4Kids defense' date=' you all must have realized by now that this dub was made FOR kids. This is a dub of yugioh FOR kids. Not for the general public to watch a perfect translation. I have always consider the 4Kids yugioh just another version of the story, one that is told differently and made for younger children. If you want a dub of the Yugioh Anime, you should search on youtube for ProjectYGO, their doing a great job of fandubing Yugioh, they have only one at the momment, but its pretty good, and there going to make more.

And with alot of the censorship to cleavage and etc, I don't blame them! People are sue crazy these days! Parents are just waiting for the chance to sue because an 23 year old one has gone thorough puberty! I mean, if someone can be sued succefully for spilling hot coffe on themeless, then anything is possible. I am fine with 4kids dubs, becuase I just keep it as that, A For KIDS dub.

Although against 4Kids, They did make a lot of WTH changes. One of them was removing a number off Joey shirt durning a flashback. And getting rid of any words in english.

[/quote']

PERFECT!

small children watch 5Ds

That's the problem. Anime is not for children.

Lol... YGO is shonen

exactly and shonen is Teen small freakin kindergartners should not watch YGO

Age has little to do with how well someone can handle a tv show, movie and so on. I know (and was one) 6 year olds that laugh at horror movies and I know fathers that won't stay in the same room as someone if they turn on Most Haunted.

Lol.

At my school the mere mention of ANY anime whether people have seen it or not people just say "Oh you like that stuff that's for 3 year olds".

They're just blind the fact that they've seen 1 episode (by 4kids) and then they say that everything to do with it is babyish...It is so tempting to bomb 4kids...

For example the mere mention of Pokemon makes people go "it's for babies" even though it's for all ages. The reason why they say that? They've seen 5 episodes and played Pokemon Red. Wow...way to judge.

With Yu-Gi-Oh they just think because it's just a 'crappy' card game whioch has a babyish program(4kids again) they thinm it's for babies.

Even Final fantasy has come under fire in the same way because it's got swords, dragoins and the like. Even though FF has slight nudity and swearing...

All it takes is one poxy thing to turn something babyish.

(And bearing in mind the 'toughest' guy in my year frequently wears pink and other people in my year keep repeating stuff from Cbeebies...)

People don't even care about the value of cards. For instance today I bought a Nitro Warrior off someone at school for £7(hey that's the price they settled for) and instantly someone nearby said "Why'd you pay 7 quid for a poxy card" I ignored him.

Even the Yu-Gi-Oh club started off popular but now only 7 people go beccause either people couldn't be bothered or they kept getting teased about being babies. So the club has almost been kept a secret.

The club had to moved once because it was in the Coffee Bar of my school and whoever would come in would knock decks over or try to steal cards. A friend of mine has already had a Stardust Dragon and a gold Junk Warrior stole off him because 4kids has made people think Yu-Gi-Oh is worthless.

So effectively 4kids has ruined my childhood.

Lol.

At my school the mere mention of ANY anime whether people have seen it or not people just say "Oh you like that stuff that's for 3 year olds".

They're just blind the fact that they've seen 1 episode (by 4kids) and then they say that everything to do with it is babyish...It is so tempting to bomb 4kids...

For example the mere mention of Pokemon makes people go "it's for babies" even though it's for all ages. The reason why they say that? They've seen 5 episodes and played Pokemon Red. Wow...way to judge.

With Yu-Gi-Oh they just think because it's just a 'crappy' card game whioch has a babyish program(4kids again) they thinm it's for babies.

Even Final fantasy has come under fire in the same way because it's got swords' date=' dragoins and the like. Even though FF has slight nudity and swearing...

All it takes is one poxy thing to turn something babyish.

(And bearing in mind the 'toughest' guy in my year frequently wears pink and other people in my year keep repeating stuff from Cbeebies...)

People don't even care about the value of cards. For instance today I bought a Nitro Warrior off someone at school for £7(hey that's the price they settled for) and instantly someone nearby said "Why'd you pay 7 quid for a poxy card" I ignored him.

Even the Yu-Gi-Oh club started off popular but now only 7 people go beccause either people couldn't be bothered or they kept getting teased about being babies. So the club has almost been kept a secret.

The club had to moved once because it was in the Coffee Bar of my school and whoever would come in would knock decks over or try to steal cards. A friend of mine has already had a Stardust Dragon and a gold Junk Warrior stole off him because 4kids has made people think Yu-Gi-Oh is worthless.

So effectively 4kids has ruined my childhood.

[/quote']

Well, I don't think parents would like to hear their 5 year old watching a show that says "Die and go to heck, Yusei!".

• 1 month later...

Archived