4Kids Mistakes in Dubbing and Plotholes in the yugioh series

We already know 4Kids screws it up. They only do it because small children watch 5Ds as well and they have to conform the show to FCC standards and more suitable for kindergarten children. But yeah, they make mistakes on the card rulings, the effects, etc.

TBH, even I think 4Kids needs to stop screwing the show. It was better before 4Kids put their hands into the show. Just hopefully they don't screw up the next episode.

i tried to have a moderator move this to anime

and one big plothole blue eyes shining dragon can only be summoned by tributing blue eyes ultamate dragon but there are only 4 bewd in the world seto has 3 you have to fuse 3 to summon beud pegasus was shocked to find out that it was possible to create the beud and there for couldnt have made besd unless he started making cards again which he didnt untill gx

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

i tried to have a moderator move this to anime

and one big plothole blue eyes shining dragon can only be summoned by tributing blue eyes ultamate dragon but there are only 4 bewd in the world seto has 3 you have to fuse 3 to summon beud pegasus was shocked to find out that it was possible to create the beud and there for couldnt have made besd unless he started making cards again which he didnt untill gx

He could have just printed the one on its own.

The main plothole in that movie is that the Gods are immune to card effects anyway.

Yeah we know this so?

Watch the japanese subbed series on youtube.

Better yet' date=' go to watchyugioh.com and it has every episode of the original series and GX along with the most up to date eps of 5D's Dubbed, Subbed, and the Raw Jap footage.

4kids is the hell spawn of Mr. Rogers.[/topic']

Which is why I hate 4Kids for screwing up Yugioh.

P.S. At least they never screw up this week's episode, but they cut out some good scenes

------------------------------------------

small children watch 5Ds

That's the problem. Anime is not for children.

Lol... YGO is shonen

Shonen is for the teenagers/big people who can handle watching fighting monsters.

Why does 4Kids have to alter almost every freakin' episode of 5Ds?! It was better in the original format. But hey, they make rules, I don't

small children watch 5Ds

Lol... YGO is shonen

exactly and shonen is Teen small freakin kindergartners should not watch YGO

Dude it's a show about Card Games! I doesn't matter how deep, and/or dark the storyline is, or how much they fight, swear and kill, you can't avoid the fact that it is based on a card game that little kids play.

Moved to anime.

Also 4Kids did much more damage to One Piece then they did to Yugioh.

Also I love how often they over look stuff such as their still being blood in scenes, them forgetting to remove cigarets, ect.

Also what is the big deal about cleavage? Little kids don't know what that is. Plus you see a lot more skin in malls and on billboards.

small children watch 5Ds

Lol... YGO is shonen

exactly and shonen is Teen small freakin kindergartners should not watch YGO

Dude it's a show about Card Games! I doesn't matter how deep' date=' and/or dark the storyline is, or how much they fight, swear and kill, you can't avoid the fact that it is based on a card game that little kids play.

[/quote']

Everybody knows that only adults play children's card games

small children watch 5Ds

What about hamtaro and doraemon?

They are the exception that proves the rule (because they are mediocre)

you know in 4kids defence some of these plot holes exist in the original sub as well, but 4kids have done some really strange things in dubbing, like dub some names but not other, i think most of it is that they can show it only telvision early so that parnents dont complain about it

In 4Kids defense, you all must have realized by now that this dub was made FOR kids. This is a dub of yugioh FOR kids. Not for the general public to watch a perfect translation. I have always consider the 4Kids yugioh just another version of the story, one that is told differently and made for younger children. If you want a dub of the Yugioh Anime, you should search on youtube for ProjectYGO, their doing a great job of fandubing Yugioh, they have only one at the momment, but its pretty good, and there going to make more.

And with alot of the censorship to cleavage and etc, I don't blame them! People are sue crazy these days! Parents are just waiting for the chance to sue because an 23 year old one has gone thorough puberty! I mean, if someone can be sued succefully for spilling hot coffe on themeless, then anything is possible. I am fine with 4kids dubs, becuase I just keep it as that, A For KIDS dub.

Although against 4Kids, They did make a lot of WTH changes. One of them was removing a number off Joey shirt durning a flashback. And getting rid of any words in english.

The same parents who accuse YGO of promoting witchcraft, you do have points. However in general character personalities don't need changing and small details like 3,000 vs 5,000 don't need changing at all.

Archived