Fire Emblem Series: Discussion

Archbaron Larry

Soren is basically the ultimate mage you can get is PoR because of his adept ability. That can allow him to attack up to 4 times without use of a brave weapon (lol there is no brave magic). If you train him hard and fast starting on the level you get him' date=' he can become and immensly powerful sage. Ilyana is not that great, but she is usually the secondary choice for people when deciding on magic users.

From what you've told me, I think it may be a good idea to restart. Boyd can be very strong after you pump up his defense.

And it's not that Titania's bad, it's that she can't get maximum stat growth like Oscar can. She is a waste of experience after the first few levels. After you master the game, you don't need Titania at all.

[/quote']

I just restarted my PoR file. I'm on Chapter 4, and Boyd is awesome! So far for me, Boyd and Ike have had the best stat growth, Gatrie and Oscar have meh stat growth, and Titania's is horrible. Out of all my men (except Gatrie; he is too overpowered) Boyd is currently my best guy. Also, I registered your SD code.

Which GBA Fire Emblem is better? I'm starting to get bored of Shadow Dragon and PoR' date=' so which one should I get? Also, who are lords in both Blazing Sword (is it Roy?) and Sacred Stones?

[/quote']

Rekka no Ken, also known as the one that's just called "Fire Emblem". That was the first one that came out outside of Japan. Out of all the Fire Emblem games that have been released out of Japan, that one is definitely my favorite. Granted, I've never played Radiant Dawn, but still... Sacred Stones is also good, but it's too easy. I'd say go with Rekka no Ken (aka Fire Emblem).

So there is three GBA Fire Emblems...... Well I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow, and I'll try to pick up any of them if they have them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soren is basically the ultimate mage you can get is PoR because of his adept ability. That can allow him to attack up to 4 times without use of a brave weapon (lol there is no brave magic). If you train him hard and fast starting on the level you get him' date=' he can become and immensly powerful sage. Ilyana is not that great, but she is usually the secondary choice for people when deciding on magic users.

From what you've told me, I think it may be a good idea to restart. Boyd can be very strong after you pump up his defense.

And it's not that Titania's bad, it's that she can't get maximum stat growth like Oscar can. She is a waste of experience after the first few levels. After you master the game, you don't need Titania at all.

[/quote']

I just restarted my PoR file. I'm on Chapter 4, and Boyd is awesome! So far for me, Boyd and Ike have had the best stat growth, Gatrie and Oscar have meh stat growth, and Titania's is horrible. Out of all my men (except Gatrie; he is too overpowered) Boyd is currently my best guy. Also, I registered your SD code.

Which GBA Fire Emblem is better? I'm starting to get bored of Shadow Dragon and PoR' date=' so which one should I get? Also, who are lords in both Blazing Sword (is it Roy?) and Sacred Stones?

[/quote']

Rekka no Ken, also known as the one that's just called "Fire Emblem". That was the first one that came out outside of Japan. Out of all the Fire Emblem games that have been released out of Japan, that one is definitely my favorite. Granted, I've never played Radiant Dawn, but still... Sacred Stones is also good, but it's too easy. I'd say go with Rekka no Ken (aka Fire Emblem).

So there is three GBA Fire Emblems...... Well I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow, and I'll try to pick up any of them if they have them.

3? There's only 2 in enlgish GBA games. Sealed Sword (the one with Roy) is only in Japanese. To get it u'd have to download the ROM and get the language patch for it.

[/quote']

[/quote']

There are only 2 (GBA) released in US/Euro. Roy's game (Sword of Seals) was never released outside of Japan.

While Sword of Seals was never released outside Japan, you could just download it and an emulator as others have suggested. Or you can do the legal thing and import it. The GBA is region-free. Only thing is, one, it will be in Japanese, so good luck playing it if you've never played a Japanese game before (the first is always the hardest and most awkward), two, good luck finding it anywhere. I've looked for it for the lulz before, and I couldn't find it for sale on any of the sites I usually import stuff from.

Hey! I just got back from Gamestop and got Fire Emblem and SS. They are both fun, but SD is better. For Fire Emblem, It started me on Chapter 10! I was Eliwood, and all the ememies were like LV 1, like Chapter 1, but it said I was on Chapter 10. Also, Rapiers in SD only have 28 uses, but they have 40 in SS and FE.

Hey! I just got back from Gamestop and got Fire Emblem and SS. They are both fun' date=' but SD is better. For Fire Emblem, It started me on Chapter 10! I was Eliwood, and all the ememies were like LV 1, like Chapter 1, but it said I was on Chapter 10. Also, Rapiers in SD only have 28 uses, but they have 40 in SS and FE.

[/quote']

1. In FE, I suggest you do Lyn's story first, as it boosts some charcaters stats (IE Nils, who you'll meet later in Eliwood's story), and it gives a small intro to some of the future events of the story.

2. And the reason Rapiers have only 28 in SD is because you can buy more of them quite often. However in the others, you usually only get one or two.

For FE, i guess I'll do Lyn's story first. Eliwood's is kinda hard anyway. SS is just too easy. Also, if any of these FE characters face offed, who would win?

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

Also, in SS, what chapter do you get Ephraim in? I'm dying to use him.

For FE' date=' i guess I'll do Lyn's story first. Eliwood's is kinda hard anyway. SS is just too easy. Also, if any of these FE characters face offed, who would win?

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

Ephraim enters pretty late into the game...I want to say somewhere between chapters 8-10. He's pretty GG. His lance rapes EVERYTHING.

Lyn's story is epic win. I can get at least 2 or 3 units up to level 20 before starting Eliwood's.

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

For FE' date=' i guess I'll do Lyn's story first. Eliwood's is kinda hard anyway. SS is just too easy. Also, if any of these FE characters face offed, who would win?

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

Ephraim enters pretty late into the game...I want to say somewhere between chapters 8-10. He's pretty GG. His lance rapes EVERYTHING.

Lyn's story is epic win. I can get at least 2 or 3 units up to level 20 before starting Eliwood's.

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

I agree with everything you just said.

1. Marth because he doesn't have lame taunts in Brawl.

2. Both fail, their both pre-pro Paladins... But Titania fails less.

3. I forgot who Seth is, so I'll just say Marcus, even though he should lose cause he's a pre-pro.

4. Gharnef, cause I didn't give Starlight back to Gotoh.

5. Hector

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

3. I forgot who Seth is, so I'll just say Marcus, even though he should lose cause he's a pre-pro.

5. Hector

Both Seth and Marcus are pre-pro pally's. Marcus fails less because he has a purple goatee.

But paladins blow in general, and you shouldn't waste your time on them.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Seth, like Omgakitty said, is a pre-promoted Paladin who is basically a clone of Marcus. Except Seth is better because he comes with a Silver Lance and a Steel Sword, but Marcus only comes with a Steel Lance and a Steel Sword. Also, for the Gharnef VS Gotoh battle, assume Gotoh has Starlight.

Also, I can't play SS cuz my friend made me give a GBA Fire Emblem to him to borrow, but I gave him SS because I like the original better. I'll get it back on Saturday, when I see him next. Maybe I could force him to give me Radiant Dawn to borrow! He probably wouldn't mind, because he said he beat it a couple days ago.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Seth, like Omgakitty said, is a pre-promoted Paladin who is basically a clone of Marcus. Except Seth is better because he comes with a Silver Lance and a Steel Sword, but Marcus only comes with a Steel Lance and a Steel Sword. Also, for the Gharnef VS Gotoh battle, assume Gotoh has Starlight.

Also, I can't play SS cuz my friend made me give a GBA Fire Emblem to him to borrow, but I gave him SS because I like the original better. I'll get it back on Saturday, when I see him next. Maybe I could force him to give me Radiant Dawn to borrow! He probably wouldn't mind, because he said he beat it a couple days ago.

Revised:

3. ^That^ But Seth has the better weaps, so Seth.

4. Starlight automatically awards victory against Gharnef to Gotoh cause it's powerful and Gotoh's strong.

5. Hector

Okay peoplez, rate mah online team that I'm going to make:

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

Caeda Lvl. 20 Dracoknight

If u can, give tips on some better units if possible.

Wolf and Merric will not be removed though, as those two I always pump up beyond beleif.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Revised:

4. Starlight automatically awards victory against Gharnef to Gotoh cause it's powerful and Gotoh's strong.

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

Wolf and Merric will not be removed though, as those two I always pump up beyond beleif.

That is an epic team. Caeda sucks at the beginning, but once you use a Master Seal/Elasian Whip, she's awesome. Give her Gradivus if haven't already (Iote's Shield.) Barst is by far the best axe unit in the game. Other choices are good too.

Good team. If me and you battled, it would be close.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Revised:

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

That is an epic team. Caeda sucks at the beginning, but once you use a Master Seal/Elasian Whip, she's awesome. Give her Gradivus if haven't already (Iote's Shield.) Barst is by far the best axe unit in the game. Other choices are good too.

Well that's the team I need to make on my new file. On my first run-through, I didn't arena abuse, but on the new one I am. And god is it annoying to have to do it over cause u get RNG screwed...

I had Ogma facing a mercanary:

Enemy: Health: 25-ish DMG: 5, Hit: 96, Crit: 0.

Ogma: Health: Exact same as above, DMG: 5, Hit: 98, Crit: 3

They were basically clones, and since i get the first attack, I knew i would win, and then i would just heal. Then, on my finishing attack, I missed, and of course u can only yeild right before you start a battle sequence, not after you end one....

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Revised:

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

Well that's the team I need to make on my new file. On my first run-through, I didn't arena abuse, but on the new one I am. And god is it annoying to have to do it over cause u get RNG screwed...

They were basically clones, and since i get the first attack, I knew i would win, and then i would just heal. Then, on my finishing attack, I missed, and of course u can only yeild right before you start a battle sequence, not after you end one....

lol, arena abusing is such a jabroni. XD There's always just that ONE GUY who screws it up and forces you to start over. IMO, most godly arena fighter in existence: Raven (Blazing Sword; Merc). He doesn't lose. Ever. Wyvern Lord? No problem, let me just CRITICAL 3 TIMES and kill it. I <3 Raven.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Revised:

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

lol, arena abusing is such a b****. XD There's always just that ONE GUY who screws it up and forces you to start over. IMO, most godly arena fighter in existence: Raven (Blazing Sword; Merc). He doesn't lose. Ever. Wyvern Lord? No problem, let me just CRITICAL 3 TIMES and kill it. I <3 Raven.

Lol, I know right? raven just refuses to not kill anything! I'm thinking on maybe substituting Navarre into my team? Good or bad idea and with who if good?

And lol, this is a big quote

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

Ephraim enters pretty late into the game...I want to say somewhere between chapters 8-10. He's pretty GG. His lance rapes EVERYTHING. Late in the game? He joins at 5X, and meets Eirika at 8; you then get him back at 15 even in Eirika's superior route.

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Seth, like Omgakitty said, is a pre-promoted Paladin who is basically a clone of Marcus. No. Seth has a STR growth rate of at least 40%, probably more like 50%... Except Seth is better because he comes with a Silver Lance and a Steel Sword, but Marcus only comes with a Steel Lance and a Steel Sword. Also, for the Gharnef VS Gotoh battle, assume Gotoh has Starlight.

Revised:

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

That is an epic team. Caeda sucks at the beginning, but once you use a Master Seal/Elasian Whip, she's awesome. Also, the ocean is wet. Give her Gradivus if haven't already (Iote's Shield.) Barst is by far the best axe unit in the game. Other choices are good too.

Good team. If you and I battled, it would be close.

lol, arena abusing is such a b****. XD There's always just that ONE GUY who screws it up and forces you to start over. IMO, most godly arena fighter in existence: Raven (Blazing Sword; Merc). He doesn't lose. Ever. Wyvern Lord? No problem, let me just CRITICAL 3 TIMES and kill it. I <3 Raven.

1. Marth; he has a personality, if a lame one. Ike's FEX form knocks him out of the running.

2. Titania is an Oifaye; Jagen is a Jagen. No contest.

3. My Seth is always the best Paladin I get, so... Also, he has a 50% Strength growth rate, which tops Marcus's 25% by... 25%.

4. Gotoh.

5. Lyndis. Oddly enough, she winds up better than Hector half the time for me... O,x

OMGAKITTY, your Raven is... weird. I was luckier with Oujay, and he was in FEVI. 'Course, I was luckiest with Miledy, but...

Peresezo, don't sub in Navarre. However, DDatSoL's arena abuse is a piece of effing cake.

Joshua VS Marisa, go.

1. Marth VS Ike

2. Jagen VS Titania

3. Seth VS Marcus

4. Gharnef VS Gotoh

5. Lyn VS Eliwood

[/quote']

Ephraim enters pretty late into the game...I want to say somewhere between chapters 8-10. He's pretty GG. His lance rapes EVERYTHING. Late in the game? He joins at 5X, and meets Eirika at 8; you then get him back at 15 even in Eirika's superior route.

And Hector>Lyn>Eliwood.

5. Hector

Seth, like Omgakitty said, is a pre-promoted Paladin who is basically a clone of Marcus. No. Seth has a STR growth rate of at least 40%, probably more like 50%... Except Seth is better because he comes with a Silver Lance and a Steel Sword, but Marcus only comes with a Steel Lance and a Steel Sword. Also, for the Gharnef VS Gotoh battle, assume Gotoh has Starlight.

Revised:

5. Hector

Marth Lvl. 30 Lord

Wolf Lvl. 20 Horseman

Merric Lvl. 20 Sage

Barst Lvl. 20 Warrior

That is an epic team. Caeda sucks at the beginning, but once you use a Master Seal/Elasian Whip, she's awesome. Also, the ocean is wet. Give her Gradivus if haven't already (Iote's Shield.) Barst is by far the best axe unit in the game. Other choices are good too.

Good team. If you and I battled, it would be close.

1. Marth; he has a personality, if a lame one. Ike's FEX form knocks him out of the running.

2. Titania is an Oifaye; Jagen is a Jagen. No contest.

3. My Seth is always the best Paladin I get, so... Also, he has a 50% Strength growth rate, which tops Marcus's 25% by... 25%.

4. Gotoh.

5. Lyndis. Oddly enough, she winds up better than Hector half the time for me... O,x

OMGAKITTY, your Raven is... weird. I was luckier with Oujay, and he was in FEVI. 'Course, I was luckiest with Miledy, but...

Peresezo, don't sub in Navarre. However, DDatSoL's arena abuse is a piece of effing cake.

Joshua VS Marisa, go.

I'm gonna say Joshua on this one. And DDatSol? Too many letters... What does it mean?

Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light.

That's probably true, based on the numbers. However, my meaningless personal experience gives this one to Marisa, who has never failed to max her STR and SPD for me. Plus, she's hot, and I'm biased towards hot introverts. :D

That's probably true' date=' based on the numbers. However, my meaningless personal experience gives this one to Marisa, who has never failed to max her STR and SPD for me. Plus, she's hot, and I'm biased towards hot introverts. :D

[/quote']

lol there is truth to this statement.

Since SS is such a joke, I always end up using both of them. I find Joshua makes a better swordsmaster, and Marissa makes a better Assassin.

Lol. And ya the arena is cake' date=' but as said, u get RNG screwed once and BOOM, u have to hit da reset button.

Kent vs. Sain GO!

[/quote']

Sain. No question. Even though Pally's suck.

That's probably true' date=' based on the numbers. However, my meaningless personal experience gives this one to Marisa, who has never failed to max her STR and SPD for me. Plus, she's hot, and I'm biased towards hot introverts. :D

[/quote']

Since SS is such a joke, I always end up using both of them. I find Joshua makes a better swordsmaster, and Marissa makes a better Assassin.

Lol. And ya the arena is cake' date=' but as said, u get RNG screwed once and BOOM, u have to hit da reset button.

Kent vs. Sain GO!

[/quote']

I concur with all of dis. And that was another thing I liked about SS, the split promos.

[/quote']

Kent vs. Sain GO!

[/quote']

I concur with all of dis. And that was another thing I liked about SS, the split promos.

Meh. Kent goes better with my playing style; plus, Sain's personality is awful. I can't stand missing, and Sain does that all the time for me...

Marisa is the best assassin of the game, but the extra two STR does make a difference if you ask me. Besides, Silencer never activates.

My games are weird. My Joshua sucks, my Raven dies frequently, my Kent is decent, my Sain isn't, my Lyn is better than my Hector, my Miledy is better than my everything-else despite FEVI's characters sucking...

I disagree. Kent is better. Sain would be better if he had better speed. It depends. Does your Marth have Mercurius? If not, he might be a letdown in your squad. He's weak compared to some other units. In my opinion, I would take out Marth and put in either Ogma, or Navvare with Mercurius.

PS: Long Quoting!

Archived