Fire Emblem Series: Discussion

Archbaron Larry

Hey, everybody. This is the first time I've been on this site in a long time. Anyway, I posted this because I've lately been obsessed with this ds game called Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. I've beaten the game twice, and I'm bored of doing story mode all the time, so now I'm doing Wifi battles now. If anyone could give me their friend code, that would be awesome (mine is 408226777274.) Also, just discuss the game overall (and feel free to discuss the other games in the FE series too.)

Edit: Also, my user name is DarthYoshi.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Fire Emblem is good. Also, the ocean is wet.

They could have done a lot more with the remake, though. The GBA games still have the best graphics by far, there are waaaay too many useless characters in FEI to begin with, and there's no support system (which would have been very easy to implement, mind).

I'm still pissed at Nintendo's decision not to release SoS in the States.

That.

I have Shadow Dragon. I like the GBA Fire Emblems better. I got to about the 6th chapter or so before I randomly stopped playing it.

What are the GBA Fire Emblems called? If they really are better than Shadow Dragon (which is currently my fav game out of all 14 of my DS games) I might want to try them.

I only have two Fire Emblem games: Shadow Dragon and Path of Radiance. In Shadow Dragon I've beaten the game twice, (it's just soooooo easy to beat) and started a new file yesterday. In Path of Radiance, I'm stuck on Chapter 8. PoR is a lot harder than Shadow Dragon, and I lost Boyd in PoR, so that doesn't help me. I remember I was so excited to get Path of Radiance for my birthday, but when I tried it, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. And to prove how much harder PoR is than SD, look at all these things that I have compared between the two.

-In Chapter 8 in PoR, you are already seeing LV 13 ememies, and the boss in a LV 18 KNIGHT!!!

-In Shadow Dragon, you don't see LV 13 enemies until about Chapter 16.

-In Shadow Dragon, the most men you can have by Chapter 8 is 24 men. However, it is really 23 because you have to sacrifice someone in the prologue.

-In PoR, if I am correct, by Chapter 8, you only have 7 men!!!!! And to top it, 2 of them leave!!! So that means that you only have 5 men by Chapter 8.

Also, I really want Radiant Dawn. My friend has it, and it looks cool. However, I go to every Gamestop I know of and can never find it!

The english GBA names are:

FE: Rekka No Khan (The standard version is just Fire Emblem)

& FE: The Sacred Stones

In Shadow Dragon, you get way to many characters anyways. My advice is if they are pre-promoted, don't use them. The only exceptions I beleive are Wolf and someone else who's name escapes me.

But in PoR, you get very little reinforcements, so you have to use much more strategy. Chap. 8 can be troublesome for unseasoned players, but it can be worked through. You just have to plug up the entrances, then push forward out the front to weed out the majority of the enemies. Then pull back on the left when Ilyana comes, then talke to her and push forward once again.

I have RD, but I haven't touched it in ages.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

OH HELL YES. Even if it was painfully tedious early on' date=' it does nothing to diminish Miledy's EPIC. They should make the trial map characters (read: at least Gale, preferably Murdoch/Murdock and Zephiel) better, though, and Roy. I think America's casual audience would be pissed if they discovered Roy's suckishness.

What are the GBA Fire Emblems called? If they really are better than Shadow Dragon (which is currently my fav game out of all 14 of my DS games) I might want to try them.

I only have two Fire Emblem games: Shadow Dragon and Path of Radiance. In Shadow Dragon I've beaten the game twice, (it's just soooooo easy to beat) and started a new file yesterday. In Path of Radiance, I'm stuck on Chapter 8. PoR is a lot harder than Shadow Dragon, and I lost Boyd in PoR, so that doesn't help me. I remember I was so excited to get Path of Radiance for my birthday, but when I tried it, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. And to prove how much harder PoR is than SD, look at all these things that I have compared between the two.

-In Chapter 8 in PoR, you are already seeing LV 13 ememies, and the boss in a LV 18 KNIGHT!!!

-In Shadow Dragon, the most men you can have by Chapter 8 is 24 men. However, it is really 23 because you have to sacrifice someone in the prologue.

-In PoR, if I am correct, by Chapter 8, you only have 7 men!!!!! And to top it, 2 of them leave!!! So that means that you only have 5 men by Chapter 8.

Also, I really want Radiant Dawn. My friend has it, and it looks cool. However, I go to every Gamestop I know of and can never find it!

Man, are you missing out. You might wanna skip Radiant Dawn; it's the third worst game in the series (not to say that's really bad, though). Get a hold of Sacred Stones or at least Blazing Sword/Fire Emblem GBA, off the internet if you must.

For the record, though, enemies are much more powerful at lower levels in DDatSoL than in PoR; also, in PoR, you have the completely broken Ike to play as. At least it en't Radiant Dawn; he gets sixty-five hit points in that.

What is Shadow Dragon about? The only FE game I've played is Path of Radiance.

Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light' date=' Mystery of the Emblem, and Shadow Dragon all chronicle the adventures of Altea's exiled Prince Marth as he seeks the legendary Falchion (the titular Sword of Light), wielded by the holder of the titular Fire Emblem, to defeat the conqueror of Altea, Medeus (the titular Dark Dragon/Shadow Dragon).

[i']Get Sacred Stones NAO.[/i] And woe betide you (read: You Suck) if you ever send anyone other than Ewan, Amelia, Ross (the Suckish), or a pure healer into Valni Tower or Lagdou Ruins before the game's close.

Shadow Dragon is the first in Marth's adventure.

And honestly, I didn't care too much for SS. I had been playing RnK for the longest time, that when I got SS, it was just too different for me to really get into. and most of the concepts in SS never got carrie don into the rest of the series anyways, so I never really got used to them.

Although my Ewan did pwn anything in his way.

In Shadow Dragon' date=' you get way to many characters anyways. My advice is if they are pre-promoted, don't use them. The only exceptions I beleive are Wolf and someone else who's name escapes me.

But in PoR, you get very little reinforcements, so you have to use much more strategy. Chap. 8 can be troublesome for unseasoned players, but it can be worked through. You just have to plug up the entrances, then push forward out the front to weed out the majority of the enemies. Then pull back on the left when Ilyana comes, then talke to her and push forward once again.

[/quote']

Was the guy's name Sedgar?

Also, I usually reclass Wolf to a Sorcerer and Sedgar to a General as soon as I get them.

Yeah, and I agree that all the already promoted guys suck. Jagen sucks. However, getting a Silver Lance so early is useful though. But after you get Hardin (who can also use Silver Lances) Jagen is useless. Wendell seems good at the beginning, but later in the game you'll realize that Merric is better. Jeorge also seems good at the beginning, and he has good weapon lvs. But you are just better off reclassing Minerva to a Sniper (she makes a really good Sniper), or my favorite way: Just Level Up Gordin and Use on him. Minerva is actually problably the best pre-promoted unit you will ever get. Like I said before, she makes a good Sniper. Astram and Midia suck too, but Boah is actually pretty decent. Samson and Arran are the second worst of the pre-promoted (worst in my opinion being Jagen.) When I get Samson/Arran, I usually just take their weapons and sacrifice them. and finally, Gotoh, who is actually decent. His defence is a little higher than other sages/bishops. And his max weapon lvs. are good too.

Oops forgot about Lorenz. SUKS!!!!! The only good thing about him is his weapon Lvs.

Oh, and about PoR. Who is Ilyana? Is she someone you can recriut? If you can, then I'm saved. Ike, Soren, and Mia are useless, and I lost Boyd in chapter 6. The only two things keeping me going are my LV 9 Oscar, and my LV 12 Titania. Since my Boyd died, I might just have to start the game over because I lost Boyd.

One last thing. Do you ever get Shinon and Gatrie back? I was sooo mad they left because my Gatrie got to LV 16 because I made him and Titania do all the fighting (I used Oscar a bit too.) The rest of my men just sat out. So do you think I should start my PoR file over?

OH HELL YES. Even if it was painfully tedious early on' date=' it does nothing to diminish Miledy's EPIC. They should make the trial map characters (read: at least Gale, preferably Murdoch/Murdock and Zephiel) better, though, and Roy. I think America's casual audience would be pissed if they discovered Roy's suckishness.

Man, are you missing out. You might wanna skip Radiant Dawn; it's the third worst game in the series (not to say that's really bad, though). Get a hold of Sacred Stones or at least Blazing Sword/Fire Emblem GBA, off the internet if you must.

For the record, though, enemies are much more powerful at lower levels in DDatSoL than in PoR; also, in PoR, you have the completely broken Ike to play as. At least it en't Radiant Dawn; he gets sixty-five hit points in that.

Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light' date=' Mystery of the Emblem, and Shadow Dragon all chronicle the adventures of Altea's exiled Prince Marth as he seeks the legendary Falchion (the titular Sword of Light), wielded by the holder of the titular Fire Emblem, to defeat the conqueror of Altea, Medeus (the titular Dark Dragon/Shadow Dragon).

[i']Get Sacred Stones NAO.[/i] And woe betide you (read: You Suck) if you ever send anyone other than Ewan, Amelia, Ross (the Suckish), or a pure healer into Valni Tower or Lagdou Ruins before the game's close.

Which GBA Fire Emblem is better? I'm starting to get bored of Shadow Dragon and PoR, so which one should I get? Also, who are lords in both Blazing Sword (is it Roy?) and Sacred Stones?

Also, if anyone has Wifi on their DS and has Shadow Dragon, fell free to PM me or post in this thread so we can exchange friend codes.

In Shadow Dragon' date=' you get way to many characters anyways. My advice is if they are pre-promoted, don't use them. The only exceptions I beleive are Wolf and someone else who's name escapes me.

[/quote']

Also, I usually reclass Wolf to a Sorcerer and Sedgar to a General as soon as I get them.

Yeah, and I agree that all the already promoted guys suck. Jagen sucks. However, getting a Silver Lance so early is useful though. But after you get Hardin (who can also use Silver Lances) Jagen is useless. Wendell seems good at the beginning, but later in the game you'll realize that Merric is better. Jeorge also seems good at the beginning, and he has good weapon lvs. But you are just better off reclassing Minerva to a Sniper (she makes a really good Sniper), or my favorite way: Just Level Up Gordin and Use on him. Minerva is actually problably the best pre-promoted unit you will ever get. Like I said before, she makes a good Sniper. Astram and Midia suck too, but Boah is actually pretty decent. Samson and Arran are the second worst of the pre-promoted (worst in my opinion being Jagen.) When I get Samson/Arran, I usually just take their weapons and sacrifice them. and finally, Gotoh, who is actually decent. His defence is a little higher than other sages/bishops. And his max weapon lvs. are good too.

Oops forgot about Lorenz. SUKS!!!!! The only good thing about him is his weapon Lvs.

Oh, and about PoR. Who is Ilyana? Is she someone you can recriut? If you can, then I'm saved. Ike, Soren, and Mia are useless, and I lost Boyd in chapter 6. The only two things keeping me going are my LV 9 Oscar, and my LV 12 Titania. Since my Boyd died, I might just have to start the game over because I lost Boyd.

One last thing. Do you ever get Shinon and Gatrie back? I was sooo mad they left because my Gatrie got to LV 16 because I made him and Titania do all the fighting (I used Oscar a bit too.) The rest of my men just sat out. So do you think I should start my PoR file over?

I never really bothered to reclass my guys. I always thought they did best as what they came in. And yes I beleive it is Sedgar who's the only other good pre-promoted.

Ilyana is the mage in the back of the level with thunder. Yes you can recruit her, but Soren is WAY better.

You can get Shinon and Gatrie back later on in the game, but they're heavily surrounded by enemies, and they will attack you. And just like in SD, don't use pre-promotes like Titania and Shinon. Gatrie is decent, but once you get Brom, he becomes generally useless.

Which GBA Fire Emblem is better? I'm starting to get bored of Shadow Dragon and PoR, so which one should I get? Also, who are lords in both Blazing Sword (is it Roy?) and Sacred Stones?

Also, if anyone has Wifi on their DS and has Shadow Dragon, fell free to PM me or post in this thread so we can exchange friend codes.

In Blazing Sword/Sealed Sword (I forgot which is correct), the lord is Roy. In SS, the lords are Erika and Ephriam. You can't get on english GBA of Blazing Sword, but you can get a ROM and the language patch. I suggest you get the first FE released to the US, Rekka no Khan, normally just called Fire Emblem. If you want though, you can SS, becuses the stories have nothing to do with each other.

I have Wi-Fi, and I'll post my FC later on.

[/quote']

I never really bothered to reclass my guys. I always thought they did best as what they came in. And yes I beleive it is Sedgar who's the only other good pre-promoted.

Ilyana is the mage in the back of the level with thunder. Yes you can recruit her, but Soren is WAY better.

You can get Shinon and Gatrie back later on in the game, but they're heavily surrounded by enemies, and they will attack you. And just like in SD, don't use pre-promotes like Titania and Shinon. Gatrie is decent, but once you get Brom, he becomes generally useless.

In Blazing Sword/Sealed Sword (I forgot which is correct), the lord is Roy. In SS, the lords are Erika and Ephriam. You can't get on english GBA of Blazing Sword, but you can get a ROM and the language patch. I suggest you get the first FE released to the US, Rekka no Khan, normally just called Fire Emblem. If you want though, you can SS, becuses the stories have nothing to do with each other.

I have Wi-Fi, and I'll post my FC later on.

Dang. If you say Soren is better than Ilyana, than she must really suck, because I thought Soren was weak as heck, so I never ever use him, and where I am at, he is only LV2.

I'm still trying to decide wether or not I will restart my PoR file. Like I said before, my Boyd is dead and my Soren sucks. But at the same time, I don't want to start over, because Chapter 7 was really a pain. I still don't know what to do...

Titania isn't that bad, but she is a little weaker than an average paladin. But at least she's better than Arran, and Arran is better than Jagen!

Soren is basically the ultimate mage you can get is PoR because of his adept ability. That can allow him to attack up to 4 times without use of a brave weapon (lol there is no brave magic). If you train him hard and fast starting on the level you get him, he can become and immensly powerful sage. Ilyana is not that great, but she is usually the secondary choice for people when deciding on magic users.

From what you've told me, I think it may be a good idea to restart. Boyd can be very strong after you pump up his defense.

And it's not that Titania's bad, it's that she can't get maximum stat growth like Oscar can. She is a waste of experience after the first few levels. After you master the game, you don't need Titania at all.

@Whoever was asking about the GBA games:

If you want a challenge (and in my opinion, the better storyline), get Blazing Sword (Just "Fire Emblem" in english). Sacred Stones is ridiculously easy.

And whoever is using pre-premoted units is kind of....fail. :/

Always want to use the nonpromo's. Their end stats are almost always better (a few exceptions here and there)

@Whoever was talking about Roy sucking:

Actually, I thought he was rather good, especially compared to Eliwood (whom I LOATHE). And his promo form is GG.

If you want a challenge (and in my opinion' date=' the better storyline), get Blazing Sword (Just "Fire Emblem" in english). Sacred Stones is ridiculously easy.

Always want to use the nonpromo's. Their end stats are almost always better (a few exceptions here and there)

Actually, I thought he was rather good, especially compared to Eliwood (whom I LOATHE). And his promo form is GG.

[/quote']

Wait, I thought the one in English that's name is only "Fire Emblem" was Rekka no Kahan in Japanese, not Blazing Sword. I thought Blazing Sword is the one with Roy. Unless Rekka No Khan in Japanese means Blazing Sword... GAAGH!!! I'M SO CONFUZZLED!!!

If you want a challenge (and in my opinion' date=' the better storyline), get Blazing Sword (Just "Fire Emblem" in english). Sacred Stones is ridiculously easy.

[/quote']

Wait, I thought the one in English that's name is only "Fire Emblem" was Rekka no Kahan in Japanese, not Blazing Sword. I thought Blazing Sword is the one with Roy. Unless Rekka No Khan in Japanese means Blazing Sword... GAAGH!!! I'M SO CONFUZZLED!!!

Blazing Sword is Eliwood. Sword of Seals is Roy.

I love the Fire Emblem games! I recently got FE Shadow Dragon and love it! The one that's just Fire Emblem, the one with Eliwood, Hector and Lyn, is probably my favourite.

Sacred Stones was alright but too easy for me.

The ones with Ike in them were also pretty good but I still have to complete the second one.

Shadow Dragon is more of a challenge but when new characters join there isn't much discussion over it. Just a few lines from them and that's it but I haven't got that far in it so I don't know much.

[/quote']

Blazing Sword is Eliwood. Sword of Seals is Roy.

Okay, thanx for clearing that up.

My FC: 1848-9399-6090

Add me NAO!!!

Which GBA Fire Emblem is better? I'm starting to get bored of Shadow Dragon and PoR' date=' so which one should I get? Also, who are lords in both Blazing Sword (is it Roy?) and Sacred Stones?

[/quote']

Rekka no Ken, also known as the one that's just called "Fire Emblem". That was the first one that came out outside of Japan. Out of all the Fire Emblem games that have been released out of Japan, that one is definitely my favorite. Granted, I've never played Radiant Dawn, but still... Sacred Stones is also good, but it's too easy. I'd say go with Rekka no Ken (aka Fire Emblem).

Archived