Sinister Sea Serpent NEW IMAGE ADDED!

fortycal86

213069o.jpg[spoiler=Effect]During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can return it to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if there are any monsters in your Graveyard that are not WATER monsters. You can only activate the effect of 1 "Sinister Sea Serpent" during your Standby Phase.

[spoiler=Image Credit]I took the original image from http://photobucket.com/ and edited it myself

I would like to hear your opinions on my card. I want to know if its broken or great support. Also if my OCG is a little off please correct me and if you can, tell me if you like the images. I will give +REP for those who review or help. I will also give +3 REP for anyone who can find a better image that fits my card. You can post the image here in a spoiler or you can PM me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a pretty average card...1 thing that I dont like is that the pis that you have is already an actual yugioh card....

1 OCG error I could spot.

Change " any monsters in your graveyard that are not WATER monsters" to "any non-Water Type monsters in your graveyard"

Can you rate my Armageddon dragon thats on the realistic thread

I know I edited the original pic of Sinister Serpent. Its the best I could do being that all Sea Serpent pics on deviantart.com look too badass. Also Water is not considered a Type its an Attribute. I'm pretty sure I got the OCG correct but, I could be wrong. Thanks for reviewing my card, I truly appreciate it.

This is just Sinister Serpent siphoned' date=' with new colors.

effect is similar to Sinister Serpent anyway

8/10

[/quote']

Like I said before its the only thing I could really come up with for a picture. Because all pics I find for Sea Serpents are just too badass looking. Thanks for the high rating BTW, I appreciate it. I will give you +REP when I get the chance.

Overall' date=' I like it. It does resemble Sinster Serpent a lot, but the downside won't ban/possibly limit it.

[/quote']

That was my intention to make a balanced version of Sinister Serpent. I'm glad you like it, I truly appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Well.Its Sinister Serpent only with a little catch."This effect cannot be used if there are no water monsters in your graveyard."Sinister serpent is when its goes to the graveyard' date='you can return it to your hand.In any case,Great card.

[/quote']

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

I know I edited the original pic of Sinister Serpent. Its the best I could do being that all Sea Serpent pics on deviantart.com look too badass. Also Water is not considered a Type its an Attribute. I'm pretty sure I got the OCG correct but' date=' I could be wrong. Thanks for reviewing my card, I truly appreciate it.

[/quote']

You are somewhat correct, but it should say non-Water monsters instead of what you had I beleive.

Its a pretty average card...1 thing that I dont like is that the pis that you have is already an actual yugioh card....

Change " any monsters in your graveyard that are not WATER monsters" to "any non-Water Type monsters in your graveyard"

Actually' date=' your OCG is wrong as well. There is no WATER Type is there? I don't love the pic, and personally, I think it's UPed, cause your whole Graveyard has to be WATER monsters. Then again, if it's in a WATER Deck then... Oh well. 8/10.[/color']

I say change the effect to remove the "Only one can be special summoned yadda yadda" and limit this to 1 per deck.

I actually like that part. It allows it not to be Limited but' date=' it still keeps its power. For instance if you have one in your hand you can still return the one in the Graveyard to your hand. Any thanks for reviewing my card I will +REP you as soon as I get the chance.

Actually' date=' your OCG is wrong as well. There is no WATER Type is there? I don't love the pic, and personally, I think it's UPed, cause your whole Graveyard has to be WATER monsters. Then again, if it's in a WATER Deck then... Oh well. 8/10.[/color']

Its not supposed to be splashable that's the reason for the WATER Attribute. In a WATER Deck this card can be very powerful especially with cards like Abyss Soldier and Fishborg Gunner. I actually made this card to make Abyss Soldier a playable card again due to the loss of the original Sinister Serpent. Anyway I appreciate you taking the time to review my card. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Still bannable.

Well that is questionable but, if this where to ever be released I think it would be Limited at most. Anyway thanks for the review and I'm glad you don't believe its underpowered at least. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

The only problem with this card is that Sinister Serpent is Banned :(

If not this card could be a good WATER support ;)

Why would it be a problem for this card that Sinister Serpent is banned? In the text it says Sinister Sea Serpent not Sinister Serpent. I think you may have misread. Well anyway I'm glad you think this is great WATER support. I really appreciate you taking the time to review my card' date=' thank you. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

[b']Additional Comment[/b]

I really wish I could give more then +3 REP per day. I will get to everyone that posted on my threads. Though it might take a few days unfortunately.

I really hate it when powerful cards get banned just because of crazy OTK combos, and then fair and balanced combos with the same card suffer for it. This is a good way to get around Sinister Serpent's restriction, for the few WATER decks that are still around...

I can really only see this being used in Frogs, and then, wouldn't Frogs be running Treeborn anyway, the original Serpent replacement?

And at any rate this would definitely be limited because the wording of the card actually says you can return all your SSS's with the effect of one of them. It's a pretty small loophole but someone would exploit it. Might wanna say you can return 1 of them to your hand.

8/10, and IMO it looks more Sinister than the original Serpent.

I really hate it when powerful cards get banned just because of crazy OTK combos' date=' and then fair and balanced combos with the same card suffer for it. This is a good way to get around Sinister Serpent's restriction, for the few WATER decks that are still around...

I can really only see this being used in Frogs, and then, wouldn't Frogs be running Treeborn anyway, the original Serpent replacement?

And at any rate this would definitely be limited because the wording of the card actually says you can return all your SSS's with the effect of one of them. It's a pretty small loophole but someone would exploit it. Might wanna say you can return 1 of them to your hand.

8/10, and IMO it looks more Sinister than the original Serpent.

[/quote']

It says in the text, you can only activate the effect of 1 "Sinister Sea Serpent" during your Standby Phase. That means you can only return 1 per turn. Anyway I'm glad you like my remake, I really appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

I saw where you were going with the restriction, but it won't work. This is what I'm talking about:

During your Standby Phase, if a "Sinister Sea Serpent" exists in your Graveyard, you can return it to your hand.

The wording is vague enough that you can use the one effect you're allowed to activate to return two or three SSS's to your hand, see? You've got to be really precise with the wording. You should probably word it something like:

During your Standby Phase, if this card exists in your Graveyard, you can return this card to your hand. This effect cannot be activated if there are any non-WATER monsters in your Graveyard. You can only activate the effect of one "Sinister Sea Serpent" per turn.

That ought to keep it from being limited.

Archived