Auto-Lock

I think I might have seen something like that before... or it could've been an auto delete? :P I don't remember, but I don't support because when a thread is locked, you can no longer edit its contents. And I needed to edit an old thread just two days ago to keep an old idea fresh and away from the eyes of others. =/ Sorry Catbus, no support

Guest JoshIcy

Doing such things would prevent people who left etc, from editing their own threads and bumping it. Even after I unlock it.

No support at all.

I think I might have seen something like that before... or it could've been an auto delete? :P I don't remember' date=' but I don't support because when a thread is locked, you can no longer edit its contents. And I needed to edit an old thread just two days ago to keep an old idea fresh and away from the eyes of others. =/ Sorry Catbus, no support

[/quote']

That's why I was suggesting a time period of around a month.

Doing such things would prevent people who left etc' date=' from editing their own threads and bumping it. Even after I unlock it.

No support at all.

[/quote']

I was assuming mods would be able to override the lock. And honestly, how often do people leave, come back, and then necrobump a thread they have?

I think I might have seen something like that before... or it could've been an auto delete? :P I don't remember' date=' but I don't support because when a thread is locked, you can no longer edit its contents. And I needed to edit an old thread just two days ago to keep an old idea fresh and away from the eyes of others. =/ Sorry Catbus, no support

[/quote']

That's why I was suggesting a time period of around a month.

Doing such things would prevent people who left etc' date=' from editing their own threads and bumping it. Even after I unlock it.

No support at all.

[/quote']

I was assuming mods would be able to override the lock. And honestly, how often do people leave, come back, and then necrobump a thread they have?

My thread was over a year old. =P

Guest JoshIcy

No support at all.

[/quote']

Quite honestly. A lot of veterans in Custom Cards like to do this.

No support at all.

[/quote']

That means all active threads that are a month old would get locked for no reason at all and noobs can just read the rules or get banned, it doesnt hurt me at all to watch a member get banned NO SUPPORT

No support at all.

[/quote']

That means all active threads that are a month old would get locked for no reason at all and noobs can just read the rules or get banned, it doesnt hurt me at all to watch a member get banned NO SUPPORT

If no one has posted in a thread for over a month, I can hardly see how you can consider it 'active'. I'm just tired of replying to threads that were made in december of last year, and the realizing after I've posted that....its a thread from december of last year.

Unfortunatly there isnt a plugin that i know of, capable of such a task, there is however a similar plugin that lets you delete old threads, but that would cause uproars of members losing their post count.

There is however a way around this, YCMaker is able to make a forum called "Trashcan" maybe in the "Other" section under introductions. And he can Lock the section so nobody can post in any thread in that section. But what it does is, he can make it so that after a set amount of time of being inactive (Lets say 1 month) they automatically get sent to the "Trashcan" Forum.

But to your Suggestion, I have to disagree, sorry, but "No Support"

Archived