God's An Irrationalist

HORUS

As humans we have a generally accepted standard of rationality. We (non-scientologists) recognize the crazies when we see them. We understand that we shouldn't kill people.

However, every time I argue that something done by the Christian God (such as not eradicating evil but instead allowing Satan to destroy us) doesn't make sense, the defense is always the same: "You can't understand it because you don't think like God."

If God thinks in a different way, then either God thinks irrationally or he created us with an illogical thought process.

The answer I tend to lean toward is that the first solution (God being the irrationalist) is true if we have a generally accepted standard of what is rational, because creating a race to purposely think illogically is irrational.

But I don't think like God, so this is all bullshit anyways.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
' pid='2517678' dateline='1247029150']

You're an atheist. We get it.

Shut up already.

You're a weeaboo. We get it.

Doesn't mean I need to post topics about it every 5 minutes like you do.

I've posted 1 topic about the stupidity of the human race and 1 topic that is an argument against God.

These topics aren't about Atheism at all.

This topic doesn't even deny God's existence.

As a Christian, my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

God does not eradicate evil because it is not yet time. Judgment day is His will, and at that time, He will eradicate all evil, and have those who believe and trust in Him, to stand by his side.

God's not an irrationalist. He's simply watching.

As a Christian' date=' my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

God does not eradicate evil because it is not yet time. Judgment day is His will, and at that time, He will eradicate all evil, and have those who believe and trust in Him, to stand by his side.

[/quote']

Why is it not time to eradicate evil?

Why is there evil to begin with?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

' pid='2517728' dateline='1247030011']

Who or What created God?

Though this question is quite irrelevant' date=' the obvious answer is man.

[/quote']

I asked because I don't particularly care about the original topic. Just tossing in thoughts that will make people wonder.

What crawled up your rear and died?

Flying Spaghetti.

Religion.

I asked because I don't particularly care about the original topic. Just tossing in thoughts that will make people wonder.

Well, don't. I'm trying to hold a discussion here.

' pid='2517713' dateline='1247029734']

As a Christian' date=' my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

If there was no Evil he wouldn't be able to judge you because everyone would choose a righteous path. =\

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

If there was no Evil he wouldn't be able to judge you because everyone would choose a righteous path. =\

And why does he need to judge us? Why doesn't he just put us all in heaven and forget about life on Earth?

' pid='2517747' dateline='1247030294']

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

And why does he need to judge us? Why doesn't he just put us all in heaven and forget about life on Earth?

Because then the bible would be boring.

' pid='2517736' dateline='1247030123']

Religion.

Well' date=' don't. I'm trying to hold a discussion here.

[/quote']

*ahem*

Horus' date=' it's understandable that you want to convey your thoughts, but why not just have one big thread with all of your ideas so that people aren't so incredibly annoyed with new topics every time a new idea comes up?

[/quote']

Who or What created God?

Gtfo.

NO U.

Guest JoshIcy
' pid='2517747' dateline='1247030294']

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

Because Earth is Heaven.

Willieh, your response is inadequate. Try thinking logically before posting.

Luxord, I've posted 2 topics that share my ideas, neither of which are related.

Icy, if Earth is Heaven, why is there evil on Earth?

Guest JoshIcy
' pid='2517759' dateline='1247030529']

Icy' date=' if Earth is Heaven, why is there evil on Earth?

[/quote']

There isn't. But there is Popular Perception.

' pid='2517759' dateline='1247030529']

Willieh' date=' your response is inadequate. Try thinking logically before posting.

[/quote']

Do you want to give me some elaborate reasoning?

That is a totally adequate answer. If the bible explained that sinning had no downsides, then the purpose of the religion would be defeated.

Archived