God's An Irrationalist

HORUS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Horus believes he is always right' date=' so there is no point in arguing with him, but he is wrong. I must say, bring me proof that there is no higher power somewhere.

[/quote']

starving_child-sudan2.jpg

Not a Just one at least.

WILLIEH YOU ARE THE MEANING OF LIFE

One Word, it's not about proof, its about evidence. Neither side can be proven, but one side has overwhelming evidence, that side being the side of the evolutionists/rationalists/atheists. The only evidence Christianity has is a funking book. We have thousands of books. SO HA. HAHAHA WE HAVE MORE funking BOOKS.

' pid='2518189' dateline='1247038953']
' pid='2517713' dateline='1247029734']

As a Christian' date=' my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

God does not eradicate evil because it is not yet time. Judgment day is His will, and at that time, He will eradicate all evil, and have those who believe and trust in Him, to stand by his side.

God's not an irrationalist. He's simply watching.

[/quote']

Why is it not time to eradicate evil?

Why is there evil to begin with?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

It is not time to eradicate said evil because his son, Jesus Christ has not returned to Earth.

Evil exists because the heart of man is corrupted by the devil, through trickery, lies, and the like.

If there is no evil, God cannot place us where we belong. And Earth is not heaven. It is simply a standing ground until it is time for us to go home.

And why hasn't Jesus returned to Earth?

If there was no evil, he wouldnt have to decide where we belong.

If Satan had not chosen such a wrongful path, he would not have induced evil into the heart of man; thereby eliminating evil as a whole, and giving us all a 100% chance of returning to heaven after our life was over.

I honestly do not know why Jesus hasn't come home yet, but I know he will soon enough. ^_^

And I'm certain that Allah will save my soul after I commit an act of Martyrdom.

What makes your belief any more valid than mine?

Martrydom? I'm not sure what that means.

And when did I say my belief was more valid than yours? To be honest, I'm not even sure. But I do know I will hold my beliefs until the end. =/

I never said you did. I'm saying that it's irrational to assume that yours is right when mine is just as valid, and they both can't be right.

The most rational assumption would be that you need to think more rationally, Comrade.

Well Horus believes he is always right' date=' so there is no point in arguing with him, but he is wrong. I must say, bring me proof that there is no higher power somewhere.

[/quote']

Complex life is always dependent on some sort of mechanism to sustain it's existence.

The only things that can sustain their existence across the universe are Virus' and bacterium, because they just freeze when they enter the near absolute 0 temperature and their molecules remain in tact when they arrive on earth from their spacecloud -> earth billion year adventure.

It's impossible for a higher being to be able to affect the earth from anywhere else in the universe unless it was using super technology, in other words, unless it was an alien. A being in itself any higher than a human could still not break the laws of physics, it could not survive traveling around at the speed of light, it could not affect anything in our lives right now and it could not have created us.

We exist in a universe with billions of other galaxies, and in each, billions more stars. There are probably billions upon billions of galaxies that we don't believe exists because we don't understand just how big the universe is.

Now, in those billions of billions, how many of those stars are not in a binary system?

Not the majority, but a good amount.

Now, how many of the planets around these stars have just one moon?

A smaller amount.

Now, how many of those planets had the equivilant of Precambrian soil at one time?

Given that the original stat count was billions of galaxies * billions of stars in each Galaxy, the earth was probably not the only place where intelligent life has formed. And again, I only mentioned life like ours. Perhaps intelligent life could form on a planet with two moons, or in a binary galaxy.

Given the conditions that WE KNOW can support life, it is ridiculous to assume that the Earth is the only place in the universe where intelligent life exists.

1. It is fair to assume that a deity has not touched this earth, if deities exist in this universe.

2. It is safe to assume that the earth is not the only lifehouse in the universe, meaning that if some absolute god did exist, it is very unlikely that the human race is the chosen race.

It seems a LOT more likely that the human race perceives itself as chosen because back in the day, the people who wrote the religion didn't understand how big the universe was, and assumed that because we were the only intelligent life on earth, that we must have been the only intelligent life in the universe.

Hey, it was believed that the earth was the center of the universe until about 500 years ago. People in the past made big misperceptions, it's VERY likely that the concept of a conscious, all knowing being, was one of these misconceptions.

Just because you don't believe doesn't make it false. But I respect your thoughts, and the contemplations you've made.

On a side note, I don't think it's possible for me to think rationally. I'm insane, so it's hard for me to comprehend that.

Archived