God's An Irrationalist

HORUS

' pid='2517759' dateline='1247030529']

Icy' date=' if Earth is Heaven, why is there evil on Earth?

[/quote']

There isn't. But there is Popular Perception.

And the popular vote is: killing people is evil.

Since people get killed on Earth, there is evil.

Since there is evil on Earth, Earth is not Heaven.

Please get back on topic. You of all people should understand.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy
' pid='2517790' dateline='1247031113']

[/quote']

And who's to say that there is not good in death? What's to say that Heaven is where we stand. And that all decisions and choices attribute to the greater good that is paradise?

' pid='2517790' dateline='1247031113']

[/quote']

And who's to say that there is not good in death? What's to say that Heaven is where we stand. And that all decisions and choices attribute to the greater good that is paradise?

What crawled up your rear and died?

Rationality.

Death may be the road to awe' date=' but it is no one but fate's decision to decide who shall meet their maker. Justice may not be objective, but it is certainly right when enough people believe in it because opinions aren't facts, their right and wrong isn't based on actuality. However, it is still based on rationality from a given standard, and in this case, the standard of common society. In common society, letting people die left and right and having no idea of justice on the matter devalues life, and in this society, life has value.[hr']

Thus, killing is wrong/bad/insert synonym here

Now, can we actually argue the topic at hand?

Well, Horus, I must say, you have really outdone your own pride this time. Just take your belief system off of Yugioh Card Maker and bathe in whatever pride you don't have left. We get that your atheist and think all cool. Now take your little teenage angst and leave. We have no use for you here.

Well' date=' Horus, I must say, you have really outdone your own pride this time. Just take your belief system off of Yugioh Card Maker and bathe in whatever pride you don't have left. We get that your atheist and think all cool. Now take your little teenage angst and leave. We have no use for you here.

[/quote']

And still, nobody has responded in a way that actually addressed the topic.

]

Well' date=' Horus, I must say, you have really outdone your own pride this time. Just take your belief system off of Yugioh Card Maker and bathe in whatever pride you don't have left. We get that your atheist and think all cool. Now take your little teenage angst and leave. We have no use for you here.

[/quote']

Well, I must say that would because you always post about pretty much the same thig. We get that you think you're cool because you are atheist. You are probably the most radicalist atheist I've ever met. And that is saying something.

' pid='2518065' dateline='1247036883']

[/quote']

Well, I must say that would because you always post about pretty much the same thig. We get that you think you're cool because you are atheist. You are probably the most radicalist atheist I've ever met. And that is saying something.

This has nothing to do with Atheism. I'm simply putting forth my opinion that God's logic is irrational by human standards.

' pid='2518106' dateline='1247037458']

[/quote']

This has nothing to do with Atheism. I'm simply putting forth my opinion that God's logic is irrational by human standards.

And your irrational in God's standards.

[/quote']

I don't think God has 'rationality' standards. If he did he wouldn't have flooded the entire earth and killed almost everybody that one time...

[/quote']

Thank you for proving that YCM is incapable of actually discussing something.

[/quote']

I don't think God has 'rationality' standards. If he did he wouldn't have flooded the entire earth and killed almost everybody that one time...

Well, if you consider that, you would also consider making his people slaves in Egypt and then freeing them after putting those plagues on their captors also unfair...

And if God almost killed 'everyone' why did he warn Noah.

[/quote']

Well, if you consider that, you would also consider making his people slaves in Egypt and then freeing them after putting those plagues on their captors also unfair...

He didn't say "almost killed anyone," he said "killed almost everybody." That assumes he saved a few, and that your question is completely.. well.. for lack of a better word, a silly proposal to a half decent argument as Willieh's stood on it's own.

I still love you Willieh :)

[/quote']

He didn't say "almost killed anyone," he said "killed almost everybody." That assumes he saved a few, and that your question is completely.. well.. for lack of a better word, a silly proposal to a half decent argument as Willieh's stood on it's own.

You have checkmated my teenage cynicism. Wow... I must say.

' pid='2517713' dateline='1247029734']

As a Christian' date=' my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

God does not eradicate evil because it is not yet time. Judgment day is His will, and at that time, He will eradicate all evil, and have those who believe and trust in Him, to stand by his side.

God's not an irrationalist. He's simply watching.

[/quote']

Why is it not time to eradicate evil?

Why is there evil to begin with?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

It is not time to eradicate said evil because his son, Jesus Christ has not returned to Earth.

Evil exists because the heart of man is corrupted by the devil, through trickery, lies, and the like.

If there is no evil, God cannot place us where we belong. And Earth is not heaven. It is simply a standing ground until it is time for us to go home.

[/quote']

You have checkmated my teenage cynicism. Wow... I must say.

Check_mate.jpg

Ignore the filler text. ;P

Wait.... CE? As in Common Era? That is completely obnoxious...

Whoever said Epicurus was 33 CE was wrong.

It's 300 BCE

As a Christian' date=' my understanding as I was taught, is that God placed us here on Earth to follow our own path. He would not force us in any direction; and at the end, if our path led us down destruction, we would burn in hell.

God does not eradicate evil because it is not yet time. Judgment day is His will, and at that time, He will eradicate all evil, and have those who believe and trust in Him, to stand by his side.

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

It is not time to eradicate said evil because his son, Jesus Christ has not returned to Earth.

Evil exists because the heart of man is corrupted by the devil, through trickery, lies, and the like.

If there is no evil, God cannot place us where we belong. And Earth is not heaven. It is simply a standing ground until it is time for us to go home.

And why hasn't Jesus returned to Earth?

If there was no evil, he wouldnt have to decide where we belong.

' pid='2518189' dateline='1247038953']

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

If Satan had not chosen such a wrongful path, he would not have induced evil into the heart of man; thereby eliminating evil as a whole, and giving us all a 100% chance of returning to heaven after our life was over.

I honestly do not know why Jesus hasn't come home yet, but I know he will soon enough. ^_^

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

If Satan had not chosen such a wrongful path, he would not have induced evil into the heart of man; thereby eliminating evil as a whole, and giving us all a 100% chance of returning to heaven after our life was over.

I honestly do not know why Jesus hasn't come home yet, but I know he will soon enough. ^_^

And I'm certain that Allah will save my soul after I commit an act of Martyrdom.

What makes your belief any more valid than mine?

[/quote']

Then he is malevolent.

Then whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus - 33 CE

And I'm certain that Allah will save my soul after I commit an act of Martyrdom.

What makes your belief any more valid than mine?

Martrydom? I'm not sure what that means.

And when did I say my belief was more valid than yours? To be honest, I'm not even sure. But I do know I will hold my beliefs until the end. =/

Archived