Weird Bans......

Anyone think some of the bans are weird? Like one I noticed right away....Metamorphosis and E. Hero Neo BubbleMan. Metamorphosis is banned.....Neo bubbleman is not. Neo requires Metamorphosis to summon...anyone find it weird that both of them werent banned? Talk about any other weird bans here.

I thought it was kind of weird that in the Last Turn and Jowgen(sp?) combo, Last Turn got banned and Jowgen, the card that made that combo cheap wasn't. Other than that, most of the cards on the ban list definitly deserve to be on there.

Oh yeah, Butterfly Dagger + Gearfried = drawing as much as you want in one turn. If used in an Exodia deck, you win.

Slime, don't even go near Exodia decks. I actually am glad that a card is only anime and not real, cause it would help out Exodia decks, seriously. (Ever hear of an anime card called Power Wall?)

Well, think about it. Neo Bubbleman isn't banned, but Metamorphisis is. Konami banned it becuase they thought it was really powerful.

By the time Neo Bubbleman was created, I never even heard of Metamorphisis, but that doesn't mean you can't use Neo B. in any other way, right? I mean, it's a E.Hero (-_-) and even though you can't summon it, you can use it in other ways, right?

Take Snatch Steal, for instance. Many cards, nowadays, are being banned because more and more people are getting clever (AND stupider. who sees the irony here?) and are using cards to combo with them, like Bad Reaction To Simochi, which eventually, used so many times, becomes an impossible strategy to combat against, resulting in a ban, somehow, somewhere involving a card in that combo.

Time Seal is another card, too. It's a Trap version of Yata, and combined with that, along with CED created a combo that litteraly drained at your hand, and eventually, your life points.

See where I am getting here?

Of course, I could be making some stuff up, even I don't really know if I am or not, but if you think about it, I mean really, really, REALLY, REALLY think about it, you can understand why some cards are banned and why most are not, and the complications revolving around them.

See? Who told you history isn't fun?

Just because a card that relies on a broken card doesn't mean it is broken itself. They only ban cards if they get too powerful. White Hole, Gryhon's Feather Duster, and other cards like that aren't powerful, and Jowgen is not really that great. If they banned Jowgen instead of Last Turn, then people would find other ways of abusing it.

it's a clear consequence, nothing more... remember cards like "avatar of the pot" "white hole" or "anti raigeki"...

neo bubbleman has a mistake, it's suposed to be "polymerization" not "metamorphosis" on the effect... also methamorphosis was banned because everybody made a combo with sacred phoenix of nephtys... special summon the phoenix destroying S/T cards, using exiled/smashing/NoC to clear the field and playing metamorphosis to summon cyber-twin headed dragon, premature burial to the phoenix and attack for an OTK... and the UDE guys hate the easy OTKs...

it's a clear consequence' date=' nothing more... remember cards like "avatar of the pot" "white hole" or "anti raigeki"...

neo bubbleman has a mistake, it's suposed to be "polymerization" not "metamorphosis" on the effect... also methamorphosis was banned because everybody made a combo with sacred phoenix of nephtys... special summon the phoenix destroying S/T cards, using exiled/smashing/NoC to clear the field and playing metamorphosis to summon cyber-twin headed dragon, premature burial to the phoenix and attack for an OTK... and the UDE guys hate the easy OTKs...

[/quote']

WRONG!!! Neo Bubbleman's effect is NOT wrong, it is correct... even on the anime they used Meta to summon him.

R.I.P

Neo Bubbleman

*Plays sad trumpet song*

Really I admit although Metamorphosis is banned for the reasons that made it broken its also sad because you lose one of the best non-fusion e-heroes.

Raigeki would be fun to have instead of Lightning Vortex at least at 1 per deck.

I sort of blame this cursed banlist on the 1st deck to make that ban list created... Yata - Lock.

Hey' date=' I've dueled against a Yata before. Don't talk to me about Yata NOT being cheap. I was demolished by the stupid Yata, and I think a Blue-Eyes, but I'm not sure since that was a long time ago.

[/quote']

Tell me about it. The people who say that Yata isn't cheap have never been crushed by it.

witch of the black forest was banned, making sanwitch almost unusable

Sandwitch can still be used. Just use the Dark Hex Sealed Fusion thing.

Yeah, plus, if any of you heard of "Time Seal", and think it should be unbanned, think about it.

Time Seal = Trap v. of Yata

Of course, I've said it before, but still. Slime is right, so many people tell me "Yata is not cheap at all, it's awsome!", I get so sick of it, I just wanna punch them in the face. Wrong, wrong, wrong, or as my Spanish teacher says it............

"RRRRRRRRRRONG, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONG, RRRRRRRRRRRRONG!!!!" (Curl tongue on the R's peoples. Roll it.)

Some more banned cards to review

Chaos Sorcerer - Weeker copy of CED and BLST. We can all see now that the "Remove 1 Light and 1 Dark monster from play" = "That card is impossibly cheap. GET RID OF IT."

Tsukuyomi - Some are confused why this card is banned. I'll admit, I was, at first, too. Ah, but then it hit me. "Flip 1 monster face-down" = Repetitive Man-Eater, Nobleman-Eater (Neither which are on the list at all), Grave Ohja, among numerous others, (This is a Spirit too, peoples!)

Thousand-Eyes Restrict - People, even a monkey can see why he's banned. You don't even need to think to know why. Trust me. You really don't.

Tribe-Infecting Virus - I remember when this came out, everyone wanted to get 3 of it and slam it into their decks, as was Exiled. Pack of 3 of these and you have 2 things. "Unstoppable" and "Cheap". As my summer coach who speciallizes in games says, "SEE YAAAA!" *fist pumps in your face*

Makyura The Destructor - Basically Jetroid's predecessor, only more powerful, especially when you saw one, you eventually would catch on that you were dead meat.

Yes, I can rant on and on, but Slime wouldn't get my point, would he? Oh wait, he already has, unlike SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE!! *gives "Evil Eye" look*

i thought it was banned becouse of demise

ALSO demise... i forgot that...

doom dozer and the phoenix allows to bring the cyber twin...

And because of Koitsu/Mother Grizzly/Meatmorphosis combo and Exodios, the Ultimate Forbidden God/Metamorphosis combo.

Also, Gaurdian Elma, Primal Seed, E-hero Neo Bubbleman aren't useless. They can fill a deck like any other card, be discard fodder (for your own effects, or trick your opponent to using their effects on it), and everything else. But Gaurdian Elma can still be used, by seting her and waiting for your opponent to attack and flip because their attack wasn't high enough, or use Book of Book of Taiyou, Ceasefire, or what ever else, since being fliped face-up isn't considered Summoning, but she doesn't get her effect. You can use Dimond Dude for Priaml Seed, Jar Robber, and whatever "useless cards".

Exactly what I said. Some cards that banned cards are used for aren't banned because they are used for many other purposes. Dark World cards, people. Dark World Lightning, Lightning Vortex, Desert Twister. All great cards (which coincidentaly destroy cards [DWL, DT - S/T, LV - M]) that require you to discard cards in order to activate their effect.

Need I rant some more? Sure, why not. Tough luck.

Temple of the Kings - HUH? What's this card? I'll tell you. CHEAP! Activate Trap cards THE TURN their set? TOTALLY CHEAP. Plus, with Mystical Beast Serket?

If this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, that monster is removed from play. Also, if this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, increase this monster's ATK by 500 points. If you do not have "Temple of the Kings" face-up on your side of the field, destroy this monster.

Ok, so, Serket ain't banned, but it doesn't matter. If it ain't on the field with Temple Of The Kings, he's destroyed. Plus, send both to the grave, summon 1 monster and special summon it. HAND, DECK !AND! FUSION DECK!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?

Temple + Serket = The 2 most impossibly cheap cards in thie game known to man. Any boob trying to unban them is a bigger boob then they already are. Sorry kids. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!

*pant*, *pant*, NO, I'M NOT DONE YET!

Ok, I'm done. FOR NOW!!! BUT MY RANT WILL BE BACK!!!

*pant*, *pant*

Still, it's be banned here in the US anyway.

Well, to answer that, they discard a RANDOM card, then they CHOOSE the next card they discard. Anything can happen with both. I mean, it's another helper with Yata, like Time Seal, except instead of not drawing new cards, you discard 2 cards you already had, which means you have less cards in your hand to counteract against a Yata deck.

But hey, all 3 are banned anyway, so we got nothing to worry about with them.

Plus, your opponent may discard a card they DON'T want at the moment, used with some cards that just makes them discard a card of their choice. However, this card is that PLUS they discard another card FROM RANDOM. That means that the card they lose could (It's a longshot, luck, but possible) be one of the cards they really need. (Or if you're unlucky, a piece of Exodia to summon Exodios, but who uses Exodios anyway? If Power Wall was a real card, you'd discard your entire deck to get all Exodia pieces in the grave, and use Pot Of Generosity to send the ones in your hand to your deck for Power Wall to work. Both cards would be banned, should that ever happen, which, hopefully, will never, ever happen.)

Thousand-Eyes Restrict - People' date=' even a monkey can see why he's banned. You don't even need to think to know why. Trust me. You really don't.

[/quote']

I agree with everything you said except for what you said about Thousand-Eyes Restrict. Thousand-Eyes Restrict can be killed pretty easily. Exiled, Snipe, Fissure, Raigeki Break, Tribute to the Doomed, Sak Armor, (Radiant) Mirror Force, etc. If anything, its like a monster version of Gravity Bind (which is cheap, but I don't see it on the ban list).

Yeah, but, I've dueled against Restrict. I even have it. Whenever I tried to defeat a Restrict by using cards that you mentioned, Fissure, Raigeki Break, etc., I never could get them at the right time, which eventualy leads your opponent coninusly attacking you because you don't have the card/s needed to defeat it.

Don't get me wrong, it is easy to kill, but like I said, the chances of you getting the right card to defeat it are still pretty slim.

Edit: Actually, Gravity Bind IS on the list, Slime, it's limited.

Archived