Should mind-altering drugs be legalized?

HORUS

In the current economic crisis, it is the strong opinion of many that marijuana should be legalized, but should other mind altering drugs such as LSD and DMT also be legalized? And should self-harming drugs such as PCP and Heroin be left illegal?

I believe that LSD, DMT, Marijuana etcetera should be legal, while PCP and Heroin should remain illegal.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh...I'm not quite up to date on all my illegal drugs...but my general opinion on the matter is the ones that can cause you to harm others ("bad trips" I believe?) should remain outlawed. If you want to funk up your body, that's your choice (as long as you're legally an adult, lol), as long as you aren't endangering anyone else's life.

All mind-altering drugs that do not induce users to harm or kill themselves or other people in any physical way MUST be legalized for use by ANYONE who wants them (yes, even by teens - I couldn't care less if they want to funk themselves up).

Otherwise, not.

Marijuana should be legalized, and heavily taxed.

Psilocybin products should be legalized, but the fines for driving or operating machinery under their effects should be a step up from drunk driving fines and penalties (which, if you don't already know, are really, really high). They should also have a moderate tax, not as high as marijuana because the market is smaller, but higher than the percentage charged on condoms and other general goods.

LSD should be made legal, but under some very high restrictions. Due to the fact that it can get stuck and sit in your spinal cord and cause a flashback, there should an age restriction of at least 21 years. Most hallucinogens can cause this, but LSD is assured to store in your spine even after one use while others may take years of consistent use to be dangerous. Some such as DMT will not cause this danger whatsoever. The fines for operating machinery under the influence should be the same as those of psilocybic products, a step up from DWI penalties.

DMT should be legal in all forms (N2N specifically, since all of the other forms are legal), and restricted from only minors. I dare you to try and open a door while under the influence, let alone endanger anyone's life.

Heroin, Opium, Codine, and all similar products, with the exception of the medical use of Morphine and "Synthetic Heroin" (The one they make the patches of, can't remember the name), should be completely barred. The opiate receptors in the brain should only be stimulated by cheese, because actual opiates completely destroy the chemical balance of the brain.

PCP is poison. It should remain completely illegal.

GHB/MDMA and other drugs of this nature that are rumored to cause hallucination should remain illegal as well, they are poisons, a far too potent steroid and a neurotoxican respectively.

The use of Tranquils (Ketamine, Bear tranquil, etc...) should remain illegal. They can easily induce a Coma, and that's enough reason.

In conclusion, mind altering substances should generally be legal. The few exceptions are those that pose serious health issues, or that are just impractical.

^

You've obviously done your work' date=' and I'll leave it to others to verify what you have said in certain parts.

I do have a query, however: why bar minors from taking DMT?

[/quote']

The state of mind under DMT makes you more prone to a panic attack.

While in that state of mind, a panic attack is much more dangerous; it CAN cause Cardiac Arrest.

95% of Cardiac Arrests are lethal.

This applies more to the Ayahuasca Tea version rather than the smokable lab drug because the Lab version is just... it is THAT potent that it won't make a difference anyway.

I've done DMT and had a good time, I actually have some in my room right now, but you can't have 13 year old boys chugging this stuff... Bad example... No one could chug it, it tastes like crap.

Simply put, it prevents people who aren't mentally prepared enough to take it from taking it. I took a very small dosage of Ayahuasca and I tripped for over three hours, and time doesn't fly by on this stuff.

In the future the government will realize how much you can make off drugs and legalize most of them' date=' i think they should hurry up the process and start now

[/quote']

You really think they will?

Unless intelligence takes the majority of the congress and senate, I highly doubt that will ever happen. And seriously, how many people vote for the more intelligent candidate? That's really what's stopping us.

The government won't do it unless advocates of drugs become influential enough, and if science begins being taken seriously by the majority of Americans and men in office.

Marijuana, legalize. That one is kinda obvious.

As for the rest, they should remain illegal. Their effects are too dangerous to the user and those around them for them to be made widely available.

I also believe they should make the laws regarding driving under the influence of ANY drug stricter. That is when drug use is the most dangerous, and therefore stupid people who get behind the wheel while intoxicated/high should have strict consequences.

Marijuana' date=' legalize. That one is kinda obvious.

As for the rest, they should remain illegal. Their effects are too dangerous to the user and those around them for them to be made widely available.

I also believe they should make the laws regarding driving under the influence of ANY drug stricter. That is when drug use is the most dangerous, and therefore stupid people who get behind the wheel while intoxicated/high should have strict consequences.

[/quote']

Why should drugs such as Psilocybin, LSD, LSA, DMT, and other non-toxic hallucinogenics remain illegal?

Marijuana' date=' legalize. That one is kinda obvious.

[/quote']

Why should drugs such as Psilocybin, LSD, LSA, DMT, and other non-toxic hallucinogenics remain illegal?

O_o?

The physical effects include dilated pupils' date=' higher body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth, and tremors. Sensations and feelings change much more dramatically than the physical signs.The user may feel several different emotions at once or swing rapidly from one emotion to another.If taken in a large enough dose, the drug produces delusions and visual hallucinations.The user's sense of time and self changes.Sensations may seem to "cross over," giving the user the feeling of hearing colors and seeing sounds.These changes can be frightening and can cause panic.[/quote']

Yeah. Illegal pl0x? Even if the drug doesn't kill you, you have an increased risk of injuring yourself and others while on any sort of hallucinogen.

My cousin was severely injured in a car accident where the other driver was on peyote and ran a stop sign :/

The physical effects include dilated pupils' date=' higher body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth, and tremors. Sensations and feelings change much more dramatically than the physical signs.The user may feel several different emotions at once or swing rapidly from one emotion to another.If taken in a large enough dose, the drug produces delusions and visual hallucinations.The user's sense of time and self changes.Sensations may seem to "cross over," giving the user the feeling of hearing colors and seeing sounds.These changes can be frightening and can cause panic.[/quote']

1. Yeah. Illegal pl0x? Even if the drug doesn't kill you, you have an increased risk of injuring yourself and others while on any sort of hallucinogen.

2. My cousin was severely injured in a car accident where the other driver was on peyote and ran a stop sign :/

1. Ever been drunk? The sensations that make it dangerous to others aren't the same, you're not hallucinating but you can't really see what's there, and you aren't any bit safer to others than someone who is on LSD. The reason to have Hallucinogens legal is for the "Opening of the mind." Anyone who takes a hallucinogen and does it for a "good time" is a fucktard and really has no appreciation for the absolute power of the drug. Anyone who takes it to "open the mind" won't be driving a car or doing anything that could hurt someone else. Having them legal is like legalizing another, less popular form of alcohol, the damage to society will be a lot less than the benefit from positive experiences that certain individuals will have because of it's legalization.

People should be allowed to injure themselves. When you take something in, you know what you're doing before it goes in you and you ARE responsible for any damage that you cause to yourself. The only reason that I think Opiates and PCP should be illegal are because: Opiates cause your body to NEED more opiate, and opiate destroys the brain fairly quickly, and PCP can put you in a coma even on a normal dosage, it's just too poisonous of a substance to have legal.

2. Explains your contempt.

change the 'tude already. I clicked post reply too fast then was too lazy to change it.

So instead of using this post to rectify your mistake by posting your reasoning, you spend it instead explaining how you're too lazy to edit your post, but not too lazy to bump your post count by posting explaining how you're too lazy to edit your post.

Archived