Should mind-altering drugs be legalized?

HORUS

Making them legal and selling them from government-based outlets only would be a good thing to do. It's that or legalise smoking.

Are you aware of the fact that smoking is WORSE than many drugs? And many people considering it harmless makes it even worse.

But yeah' date=' why get high, when you can just dig in some alcohol or caffeine or swallow some sleeping pills?

[/quote']

Because some people are concerned with their health. Alcohol and sleeping pills are actually bad for you. And if you take them in the way you're suggesting, you'll definitely cause damage to your body.

Smoking Marijuana (I'm assuming that's what we're talking about) is NOT bad for you. It causes very minor lung damage. That's it. It's also not physically addictive (unlike sleeping pills and alcohol).

And... caffeine doesn't get you high... >_>

Also, lol@smokingisworsethanmanydrugs. What kind of drugs are you talking about? Heroine and alcohol can kill you if you're addicted and decide to stop cold-turkey (withdrawal). Cocaine is worse for you than smoking on pretty much... every level. Ecstasy isn't that bad for you in moderation, but it will ruin your teeth regardless of how little you take it. And most people don't take ecstasy in moderation anyway. Meth will funk you up beyond belief (along with putting other people in harm). Oxycodone and other pills such as Oxycodone are highly addictive and cause a lot of damage to you.

And, on top of all this, nicotine isn't even bad for you. It's the inhalation of other chemicals in cigarettes. So if you roll your own cigarettes with tobacco that is free of other chemicals, you'd probably be guaranteed a longer life-span because nicotine relieves stress.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was JUST nicotine' date=' it's good.

The reason tobacco's bad is because they burn, and so create ash in your body so that your lungs get black. Also, the burning effect creates high levels of Carbon Monoxide (Co1) in your body-that's highly venomous.

If it didn't burn, everyone would use it.

[/quote']

That's incredibly false.

The reason cigarettes are even that bad for you is because of the extra chemicals Cigarette companies add to the mix.

It's not just what the companies add. Tobacco itself contains dangerous chemicals, nicotine being only one chemical in the mix.

Look at chaw. It's not burnt. It still fucks you over.

Anyways, I think the concept of an addictive chemical is rather bothersome, so even if nicotine could be consumed apart from everything else in a cigarette, I think I would still be against it.

It's not just what the companies add. Tobacco itself contains dangerous chemicals' date=' nicotine being only one chemical in the mix.

[/quote']

Chewing Tobacco is also made by corporations. =\

If you smoke a pure tobacco pipe, it won't do much damage to you other than minor lung damage (which any unnatural thing you inhale causes).

Edit: I wasn't saying that it doesn't cause any damage other than lung damage. I was just saying the only significant damage is done to your lungs.

It's not just what the companies add. Tobacco itself contains dangerous chemicals' date=' nicotine being only one chemical in the mix.

[/quote']

If you smoke a pure tobacco pipe, it won't do much damage to you other than minor lung damage (which any unnatural thing you inhale causes).

Edit: I wasn't saying that it doesn't cause any damage other than lung damage. I was just saying the only significant damage is done to your lungs.

This may be true. Though doesn't tobacco still leave tar in your bloodstream, or some such?

[/quote']

This may be true. Though doesn't tobacco still leave tar in your bloodstream, or some such?

I've never heard of it leaving tar in your bloodstream... But I'll research it more.

Nvm' date=' tar's a natural part of tobacco, but it's just a side-effect when burning it.

[b']ANd it makes your blood clot more easily, but I don't think it's actually in your blood itself.[/b]

Yeah. It makes you more prone to things like heart attack due to it's effects on your circulatory system. I think it might even make you more prone to Congenital Heart Failure, but I'd have to look that up.

But overall, natural Tobacco isn't nearly as bad as the factory made products.

• 2 months later...

Archived