Being Hard

Static

The problem lies in the depths of the reaction the meme far-to-commonly gets. A simple "Cool story' date=' bro" is open for multiple quoting from other members, as well as the author of which feeling assertive of his creative-conjuring.

However, what needs to be embraced is much the opposite.

What does it even offer? The poster feeling rebellious in his own social sub-division? Feeling anonymous? Feeling as if the initial embrace the quote received is just as obtainable now?

I myself f***ing hate it, and just end up scrolling faster.

To those who do so, you're not funny, nor ingenious. You're not above what you were replying to, either, you're merely voicing how far you are below it.

I swear to God Willieh, if you cool story bro this, I'll sail you out to international waters and eat your dick.

:3.

[/quote']

Nice tale, friend.

lol

Is "Cool story, bro" your catchphrase?

No. I rarely say it.

But I do, however, f*** with 2sick4u all the time. ^_^

He does. D:

It hurts. =[.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem lies in the depths of the reaction the meme far-to-commonly gets. A simple "Cool story' date=' bro" is open for multiple quoting from other members, as well as the author of which feeling assertive of his creative-conjuring.

However, what needs to be embraced is much the opposite.

What does it even offer? The poster feeling rebellious in his own social sub-division? Feeling anonymous? Feeling as if the initial embrace the quote received is just as obtainable now?

I myself f***ing hate it, and just end up scrolling faster.

To those who do so, you're not funny, nor ingenious. You're not above what you were replying to, either, you're merely voicing how far you are below it.

I swear to God Willieh, if you cool story bro this, I'll sail you out to international waters and eat your dick.

:3.

[/quote']

Nice tale, friend.

lol

Is "Cool story, bro" your catchphrase?

No. I rarely say it.

But I do, however, f*** with 2sick4u all the time. ^_^

He does. D:

It hurts. =[.

But it hurts good. RIGHT?

i thought this was going to be about "being hard" D:

and cool story' date=' bro

[/quote']

Like I said before, vain attempt at being cool is vain. lol

O RLY?

Yes. And please bother to spell "oh" and "really" correctly in the future.

you hate memes, don't you xD

i thought this was going to be about "being hard" D:

and cool story' date=' bro

[/quote']

Like I said before, vain attempt at being cool is vain. lol

O RLY?

Yes. And please bother to spell "oh" and "really" correctly in the future.

I like that "O RLY?" meme. It makes it sound somewhat aggressive.

In all fairness, I'd say it's just as dislike-able when a member insists on combating meme's with an egotistical array of grammatical correction and implied superiority.

Seriously.

Just be people for f-cks sake.

Not someone who feels forced into being in either one faction or another.

In all fairness' date=' I'd say it's just as dislike-able when a member insists on combating meme's with an egotistical array of grammatical correction and implied superiority.

Seriously.

[/quote']

Ah, but you combated me with an egotistical array of grammatical correction and implied superiority.

But what you said is true, people should be people. Not mindless servants of the media. And people should not try to apear "intelligent" (more talking about Amethyst here") on forums like these.

In all fairness' date=' I'd say it's just as dislike-able when a member insists on combating meme's with an egotistical array of grammatical correction and implied superiority.

Seriously.

[/quote']

Ah, but you combated me with an egotistical array of grammatical correction and implied superiority.

But what you said is true, people should be people. Not mindless servants of the media. And people should not try to apear "intelligent" (more talking about Amethyst here") on forums like these.

I didn't combat you with those as your sentence implied perse', rather, I merely concluded that that was your means of counter-acting the likes of Internet-meme users. Which, is pretty factual.

I disagree though. Those they slave themselves to are simply the flattered members. They leave themselves open to their influence, in some sort of desperate search for their approval.

However, I do agree, the need for intelligence, or consistent presenting of which, is unnecessary on a site like this.

Seriously.

[/quote']

I didn't combat you with those as your sentence implied perse', rather, I merely concluded that that was your means of counter-acting the likes of Internet-meme users. Which, is pretty factual.

I disagree though. Those they slave themselves to are simply the flattered members. They leave themselves open to their influence, in some sort of desperate search for their approval.

However, I do agree, the need for intelligence, or consistent presenting of which, is unnecessary on a site like this.

Did it ever dawn on you that perhaps I talk like that all the time (not just here, or exclusively on the internet for that matter), simply because that's the diction I prefer?

I believe you are so wrapped up in your quest (or should I say vain attempt) to appear insightful and analytical, that you're willing to construe everything in the most unlikely way so long as it helps you to further your own ego.

I respectfully request you select a different target for your harassment, as I would rather not waste my time on such trifling matters.

Seriously.

[/quote']

Did it ever dawn on you that perhaps I talk like that all the time (not just here, or exclusively on the internet for that matter), simply because that's the diction I prefer?

I believe you are so wrapped up in your quest (or should I say vain attempt) to appear insightful and analytical, that you're willing to construe everything in the most unlikely way so long as it helps you to further your own ego.

I respectfully request you select a different target for your harassment, as I would rather not waste my time on such trifling matters.

Well, if you talk like that all the time, you're a baka! :P

btw Amethyst is a cool guy, but his vocabulary pisses me right off.

Seriously.

[/quote']

What the funk?

He didn't even direct that at anyone. It was a general statement. =|

Seriously.

[/quote']

When I start targeting a member, I'll usually make it pretty obvious.

If you'd actually care to realize, I was speaking generally, without any individuals in mind.

In all honesty, your vocabulary (or attempt at which) doesn't bother me. Nor does your supposed "summary" of my character.

The blame, if any, resides with you for so easily misinterpreting my statement.

Seriously.

[/quote']

When I start targeting a member, I'll usually make it pretty obvious.

If you'd actually care to realize, I was speaking generally, without any individuals in mind.

In all honesty, your vocabulary (or attempt at which) doesn't bother me. Nor does your supposed "summary" of my character.

The blame, if any, resides with you for so easily misinterpreting my statement.

"But what you said is true, people should be people. Not mindless servants of the media. And people should not try to apear "intelligent" (more talking about Amethyst here") on forums like these."

Ahem. Wasn't talking to you. Rather, Azmodius (who's statement is the quote directly above).

Your quote was included because the last line was applicable to the first sentence of my retort. My apologies for any confusion over who my statements were directed at.

Archived