Infernity Forces

Salamandra

Seems to be a bit messed up at the moment, but I assume the effect reads:

"You can discard this card to select 1 DARK monster you control. Increase the selected monster's ATK by 400 x the number of "Infernity" monsters in your Graveyard." Not only doesn't it follow Infernity standard, it also provides massive beatsticking during mid to late game. Edit this one.

Dragon

A 3000 ATK monster that negates S/Ts at will? It will only be vulnerable to the non-empty hand during your Standby Phase, in which not much sees play anyway. A tad OP'd.

Centaur

Balanced, if you lower the ATK boost a bit.

Breaker

Ojama Trio loves this card. T'is alright.

Summon

This is one of the reasons I don't like Centaur. Being able to summon two 2300 ATK beatsticks with a single Spell Card is bad.

Blaze

Make it Continuous, or change the OCG.

Crisis

As said, Infernity Dark World is now an official theme. This card can provide quite a serious advantage, as it's either Raigeki or Harpie's Feather Duster with a massive built-in cost that helps the Archetype by providing swarm and effects. Tad on the broken side, if you ask me.

Forces

Woah, 2000 ATK? And again, the cost isn't balancing as it helps the Archetype.

Loss

Not quite balanced, as it creates an advantage for you while it disadvantages your opponent.

Blast

Counterproductive. If you at any given time have no cards in your hand when you're using an Infernity deck, and you actually WANT TO DRAW, then you're doing it wrong.

Burning

A costless Solemn. Meh.

Nightmare

This is basically a big FU to your opponent, especially when combined with Dragon and Forces.

Overall, an alright set. Dragon and Salamandra would be the biggest problems here.

I like these new ones. The only qualm I have is with the Breaker. I think the effect should read:

"If you have no cards in your hand, this card can attack three times per Battle Phase. You cannot attack directly with this card if it has destroyed any monsters first."

If you don't like the first sentence, that's fine, as my emphasis is on the second.

But the archetype is getting stronger still. I'm glad.

Archived