A New Class of Lightsworn

A few Lightsworn Cards, some of which seem a little anti-Meta.

[spoiler=Monster Cards]

Kira, Lightsworn Spirit

LIGHT

Level: 4

[Fairy/Effect]

This card cannot be Tributed. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card. You cannot activate this effect if there are any non-LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard.

ATK/ 1800

DEF/ 0

Sora, Lightsworn Falcon

LIGHT

Level: 3

[Winged Beast/Effect]

Once per turn, when this card battles a DARK monster, at attack declaration you can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. If you do, destroy that DARK monster without applying Damage Calculation and inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

ATK/ 1300

DEF/ 300

Aurora, Lightsword Guardian

LIGHT

[Warrior/Effect]

Your opponent cannot attack a “Lightsworn” monster you control or target another “Lightsworn” monster you control for a card effect, except “Aurora, Lightsworn Guardian”. During your End Phase, send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/ 600

DEF/ 2300

Valkyria, Lightsworn Dragoneer

LIGHT

Level: 5

[Warrior/Effect]

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Tribute 1 other “Lightsworn” monster you control to Special Summon 1 “Gragonith, Lightsworn Dragon” from your Deck to your hand. If you do, During your End Phase, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/ 2300

DEF/ 1600

Shian, Lightsworn Pegasus

LIGHT

[beast/Effect]

When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck in face-up Defence Position. If you do, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/ 1700

DEF/ 1600

Joan, Lightsworn Goddess

LIGHT

Level: 8

[Fairy/Ritual/Effect]

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Lightsworn Ritual”. The effects of all DARK monsters are negated and they cannot declare an attack. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by an opponent’s card effect or an opponent’s attacking monster, send the top 5 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to add 1 “Judgment Dragon” from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

ATK/ 2700

DEF/ 2400

Grandal, Lightsworn Dragion

LIGHT

Level: 10

[Dragon/Ritual/Effect]

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Lightsworn Ritual”. Any Damage inflicted to your Life Points by a card effect is negated, and you gain the same amount of Life Points. This card gains 400 ATK for every "Lightsworn" monster with a different name in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK or DEF (you choose).

ATK/ 3000

DEF/ 3000

Leogris, Lightsworn Liger

LIGHT

Level: 6

[beast/Ritual/Effect]

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Lightsworn Ritual”. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles with an opponent's monster, it gains ATK equal to that monster's Level x100 during Damage calculation only. During your End Phase, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/ 2200

DEF/ 300

[spoiler=Spell Cards]

Lightsworn Ritual

Ritual Spell

This card is used to Ritual Summon a “Lightsworn” Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute LIGHT monsters whose total levels equal 8 or more from the field or your hand. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can activate its effect by removing it from play.

Seal of Binding Light

Continuous Spell

While you control a "Lightsworn" monster, your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from the Deck or Extra Deck.

Ascendant to the Light

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, if your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your hand.

Dimension of Light

Continuous Spell

While this card is in your Graveyard, your cards cannot be removed from play.

Sealed Summons

Continuous Spell

Non-"Lightsworn" monsters cannot be Tribute Summoned. During each of your End Phases, pay 800 Life Points or destroy this card.

Lightsworn Armour

Equip Spell

Equip only a "Lightsworn" monster. Once per turn, if it would be destroyed, it is not destroyed. If this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster, equip it to a monster you control.

Lightsworn Bow

Equip Spell

Equip only a "Lightsworn" monster. It can attack your opponent directly, but if it does any battle Damage they take is halved. If this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster, equip it to a monster you control.

[spoiler=Trap Cards]

Purity of Light

Normal Trap

Tribute 1 “Lightsworn” monster. Check all monsters your opponent controls, currently in their hand and all cards they draw for the next 3 turns, and destroy all DARK monsters among them.

Reverse of Light

Normal Trap

Activate only by paying 1000 Life Points when there are 10 or fewer cards in your Deck and “Lightsworn” monsters have sent 15 or more cards from your Deck to your Graveyard this Duel. Both players exchange their Decks with their Graveyards and shuffle their new Decks. Then, both players discard their entire hands and draw 5 cards each.

Ultimate Shining

Normal Trap

Activate only when cards are sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster. Remove from play 5 different "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard to draw 3 cards.

Reflecting Light

Continuous Spell Card

During your End Phase, if any number of cards was sent from your Deck to the Graveyard this turn, you may add 1 of those cards from your Graveyard to your hand. If this card is sent to your Graveyard by a card effect, you can pay 600 Life Points to return it to your hand.

Ooh, LS. Although I hate them, I had a liking to these.

Here's an analysis for each card:

Kira - Nice "finger up urz azz" beatstick if your opponent tries to nuke the field. Like it.

Sora - BW killer. Nice side deck material.

Aurora - Once again, nice defense material. Nothing much to say.

Valkyria - Gragonith is counted as a bit of a "fail" card in the TCG, according to the ppl at TCG section.

Joan - NICE. Easier way to call JD, but it'd be much more effective if you'd make the effect "...send 5 cards from the top of your Deck to add 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand." That way it'd be easier to summon JD, in case you send it to the Graveyard.

Ritual - Nice, again. The extra effect really rocks.

Purity - Nice side decker for BW, DAD, etc.

Reverse - Awesome finisher. LS should've had this before, as a sub-finisher. But I think it's OCG is a bit false, but I don't know how to fix it.

Good going, d00d.

Valkyria - Gragonith is counted as a bit of a "fail" card in the TCG' date=' according to the ppl at TCG section.

[/quote']

Really? Interesting, because here in Canada every Deck I've seen run with Lightsworn uses Gragonith as a powerhouse while waiting for JD.

Joan - NICE. Easier way to call JD' date=' but it'd be much more effective if you'd make the effect "...send 5 cards from the top of your Deck to add 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand." That way it'd be easier to summon JD, in case you send it to the Graveyard.

[/quote']

Done.

Reverse - Awesome finisher. LS should've had this before' date=' as a sub-finisher. But I think it's OCG is a bit false, but I don't know how to fix it.

Good going, d00d.

[/quote']

Again, really? I'm fairly sure that the wording coincides with that of Exchange of the Spirit, its counterpart. Thanks for the comment.

I think that purity is a bit to strong. it would probably be limited and lightsworn would become the best because of it.

Considering Exchange got banned, Limited isn't to bad. Besides, I love seeing DAD ruined, as would all Lightsworn players.

Also, added new cards.

Reverse of Light

Normal Trap

Activate only by paying 1000 Life Points when there are 10 or fewer cards in your Deck and “Lightsworn” monsters have sent 15 or more cards from your Deck to your Graveyard this Duel. Both players exchange their Decks with their Graveyards and shuffle their new Decks. Then' date=' both players discard their entire hands and draw 5 cards each.

[/quote']

I meant this part. But I'm sure that it's supposed to be "during this duel."

How 'bout this?

...and 15 or more cards from the top of your Deck has been sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster during this duel...

It sounds more correct, use this.

Reverse of Light

Normal Trap

Activate only by paying 1000 Life Points when there are 10 or fewer cards in your Deck and “Lightsworn” monsters have sent 15 or more cards from your Deck to your Graveyard this Duel. Both players exchange their Decks with their Graveyards and shuffle their new Decks. Then' date=' both players discard their entire hands and draw 5 cards each.

[/quote']

I meant this part. But I'm sure that it's supposed to be "during this duel."

How 'bout this?

...and 15 or more cards from the top of your Deck has been sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster during this duel...

It sounds more correct, use this.

To be fair, I really didn't have anything to play off of with that one. It's a fairly unique condition. I'll wo with:

...and 15 or more cards have been sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effects of "Lightsworn" monsters during this duel.

Because some of my later cards may not just be from the top of the Deck.

What are your thoughts on my new cards (I finished the Dragion BTW).

Grandal' date=' Lightsworn Dragion

LIGHT

[Dragon/[b']Synchro[/b]/Effect]

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Lightsworn Ritual”. Any Damage inflicted to your Life Points by a card effect is negated, and you gain the same amount of Life Points. This card gains 400 ATK for each "Lightsworn" monster in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard and inflcit damage to your opponent equal to its ATK or DEF (you choose).

ATK/ 3500

DEF/ 3000

Explain yourself!

Grandal' date=' Lightsworn Dragion

LIGHT

[Dragon/[b']Synchro[/b]/Effect]

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Lightsworn Ritual”. Any Damage inflicted to your Life Points by a card effect is negated, and you gain the same amount of Life Points. This card gains 400 ATK for each "Lightsworn" monster in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard and inflcit damage to your opponent equal to its ATK or DEF (you choose).

ATK/ 3500

DEF/ 3000

Explain yourself!

I didn't see that either.

srsly where are the synchro materials? :D

That is my blunder, but you should still be able to notice by the first line of text that it's a typo. I fixed it. Now, let's rate the actual effect.

Woah. Kinda OP'd.

Let's balance it out a tad bit:

400 ATK for each Lightsworn Monster with a different name

Drop the ATK to 2500 or 3000? (2500 recommended) It will get extremely powerful in a few secs anyway.

EDIT: I also added ya to my buddy list.

Different is what Gragonith has so fine. As for the base ATK, I'll make it 3000, since it is Level 10.

And thanks. I'll add you as well.

Also, a new Spell Card.

Ascendant to the Light

Continuous Spell

Once per turn' date=' if your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your hand.

[/quote']

Nice support card, really helps to fill the field from the first turn.

Not very unique, but the way how awesome these types of cards work (special summon if your opponent has a monster) makes up for it.

I'm aware that this set makes a meta anti-meta.

It would be funny if anti-meta is the new meta.

Hell, anti-meta SHOULD be anti-meta. (Did I tell you that I hate meta?)

Dimension of Light is exactly the same as Imperial Iron Wall, which is a bad card.

Can I suggest an edit?

"As long as this card is in your Graveyard, your cards cannot be removed from play."

That way it will work if the LS accidentally sends it to the Graveyard, it would work.

Of course, that way, it doesn't have to be continuous.

I'm aware that this set makes a meta anti-meta.

It would be funny if anti-meta is the new meta.

Hell' date=' anti-meta SHOULD be anti-meta. (Did I tell you that I hate meta?)

Dimension of Light is exactly the same as Imperial Iron Wall, which is a bad card.

Can I suggest an edit?

"As long as this card is in your Graveyard, your cards cannot be removed from play."

That way it will work if the LS accidentally sends it to the Graveyard, it would work.

Of course, that way, it doesn't have to be continuous.

[/quote']

No it doesn't, but it can be jut for the hell of it. I'll make that edit. Also, a new Trap card.

No' date=' Dimension of Light is an Imperial Iron Wall that only affects you. Imperial Iron Wall is a great card, but Dimension of Light is terrible.

DAD is dead, and Lightsworn is already overrunning GB, Synchro Cat, and Macro. This is just unnecessary.

[/quote']

All my life I've been over the top. I don't know what I'm doing, all I know is I don't wanna stop. I'll keep going until I no longer have the will to, and I LOVE unnecessary. Like with my next Spell card.

Archived