Duel Spirits!

Morphing Jar #2... I rather like him. Everyone in my little group uses the little bugger. Then again, my group is kinda "Anti-Meta" in a very unorthodox way. So, you'll see Morphing Jar #2 in an Elemental Hero deck, an Ancient Gear deck, a (highly unorthodox) Six Samurai deck, etc. The only reason I don't use the little bugger is because, well... Going face-down is bad for Toons, yo.

Hahaha, my friend James laughed his butt off when he sent his opponent's Heraklinos away. He won the next turn using Backs To The Wall... So I'd say it's worth the trouble.

Then again, against DAD or JD it could be a little... slow? So it's rather situational, but still decent, nonetheless.

As for Duel Spirits... Actually, mine would either be Kuriboh or Toon Cannon Soldier. I dunno. One saves me from dying by JD and Bora, etc., whereas the other one pulls off funny wins. Whee.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......I have a fealing that this topic is going to be locked. Since Chaos said it would stay up' date=' as long as it doesnt go off-topic and/or turn into a flame war.

[/quote']

LET TEH WAR BEGIN!!!!

But seirously Morphine Jar is one of the best filp trolls but flip trolls are only really good against GB's in this meta. Maybe passable against BW but im not too sure how well that would work....never tried

No Tap-Dancing s*** DAD Would Blow It Up. (is this easier for you?)

as I re-explained already' date=' mojo2 lets you shuffle it back to the deck.

[/quote']

Attacking isn't exactly Dark Armed Dragon's only method of blowing cards up.

so assuming he didnt blow up your mojo already

A rather large assumption to make' date=' considering the fact that practically any Deck with Dark Armed Dragon in it can maintain field presence better than "LOL FLIP TROLLS", especially Blackwings, DARK Synchro, and Cat Synchro, the primary Decks you'll be seeing Dark Armed Dragon in.

but as to your point, berserk dragon isnt close to meta, so he wouldnt fit here.

Obviously, but Morphing Jar #2's hardly any closer.

But seirously Morphine Jar is one of the best filp trolls but flip trolls are only really good against GB's in this meta. Maybe passable against BW but im not too sure how well that would work....never tried

Actually run them against GBs and BWs and give me a full report.

ugh

addressed in order

1) stop assuming my points. i know how dad is used. im not a newbie to this.

2) /chain a large pile of ddcrows or something. there. now stop selectively ignoring my arguments. my turn, /set mojo2, /play book of taiyou. happy? my point is that cards with obscure summoning conditions like dad, ignoring his effect, take effort to put on the field in the first place. if you put them back in the deck, it makes it even harder to get them back again. k? is that wrong? or can dad now blow me up from the deck, simply to justify your pointless argument. yes, i know, mojo2, like any god damn card in this game, is incredibly prone to being blown up by a card that has 3 bullets of free nuking.

3) youre right! how could i forget this discussion is about berserk dragon, not morphing jar 2! my mistake. [/sarcasm] in arguing about the meta quality of a card, i wouldnt use a non-meta card as a comparison. period. i dont even see how you can justify an argument here, youre clearly just trolling at this point.

4) not so fair against gbs, because they keep returning to the deck, but i have yet to try flip 5 on them, so i cant give a fair report. flip 4 did alright, and the games were pretty long, but once they got into that disgustingly broken chariot loop, i couldnt do too much. i really wish theyd errata that.

i havent played terribly many blackwing decks because ive been so disgusting with this banlist and meta since last march. ive been kind of on hiatus while im waiting for them to stop trolling so hard.

its not a hard meta to fix either, which is the sad part.

5 or 6 bans should do it, and potentially turn this game from a lolotk faggotry to a real strategy game.

i may be waiting forever.

1) stop assuming my points. i know how dad is used. im not a newbie to this.

Then use better examples. Please. Main points in arguments aren't invulnerable to flaws due to other factors in the given scenario. For example' date=' if a Government dumps their entire budget on their military, sure it's nice for their military strengths, but because they ignored other critical factors such as health care, maybe it's not so hot of a plan after all.

On a similar level, your argument that Morphing Jar #2 gives players a hard time with Summoning conditions ignores ways in which those cards might protect theirselves, like destruction by means of effects.

Now, you tried to identify with your audience because Dark Armed Dragon was a monster with which we could identify due to its sheer force. You thought you could convince people more effectively that Morphing Jar #2 was worthy of seeing play on a high level, but you ignored the fact that Dark Armed Dragon, the example you deliberately selected due to its being identifyable with, can just blow it up.

2) /chain a large pile of ddcrows or something. there. now stop selectively ignoring my arguments. my turn, /set mojo2, /play book of taiyou. happy? my point is that cards with obscure summoning conditions like dad, ignoring his effect, take effort to put on the field in the first place.

if you put them back in the deck, it makes it even harder to get them back again. k? is that wrong? or can dad now blow me up from the deck, simply to justify your pointless argument. yes, i know, mojo2, like any god damn card in this game, is incredibly prone to being blown up by a card that has 3 bullets of free nuking.

But in doing so, you completely ignored the whole reason people go through with these "obscure" Summoning Conditions in the first place. Playable cards with "obscure" Summoning Conditions appeal to their users so much in the first place in part because they AREN'T vulnerable to things like Morphing Jar #2.

There aren't an awful lots of large monsters on a competitive level today other than Synchro Monsters, which I'll address later, and you'll notice that those that are seen, your Dark Armed Dragons, your Judgment Dragons, your occasional Plasmas, etc, can take care of themselves. Synchro Monsters are so easily accessible that those that can't take care of themselves like Dark End Dragon, can be replaced later on due to the field presence you're giving them. Even if you do take care of a Synchro Monster, how does that make Morphing Jar #2 make any better than Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter? And that's BEFORE we get into Ryko's support.

You have 3 Morphing Jar #2s, they have about 14 Synchros. If they can bounce out Tuners and re-sync and recover every time you use Morphing Jar #2, are those Jars really even worth it. Then you have to worry about everything else, all those other pesky cards they'll have to support their big monsters for these types of scenarios.

3) youre right! how could i forget this discussion is about berserk dragon' date=' not morphing jar 2! my mistake. [/sarcasm'] in arguing about the meta quality of a card, i wouldnt use a non-meta card as a comparison. period. i dont even see how you can justify an argument here, youre clearly just trolling at this point.

Introducing another card to add to the discussion doesn't nullify the discussions of the cards we had discussed before, they're just examples to support my logic. I'm not arguing the "meta quality" of Morphing Jar #2, you are. Berserk Dragon stands. Part of the reason Berserk Dragon isn't run in the first place is due to the fact that once its Summing Condition's fulfilled, which isn't awfully easy, unlike DAD, its only purpose is a beatstick. I was using examples on Morphing Jar #2's level to try and show you exactly what this Level is, a level of cards which don't fair awfully well when introduced into a pool of the best discovered Decktypes.

4) My pile of Flip Effect monsters ain't got nothing on GBs.

Frankly my dear' date=' I'm not surprised.

i havent played terribly many blackwing decks because ive been so disgusting with this banlist

That didn't even BEGIN to make sense.

points addressed in order:

first and second)

set mojo2, play book of taiyou.

there.

im not missing what youre saying, i'm just trying to point out that it if it goes off, it irritates cards with obscure summoning conditions.

i'm assuming it gets its effect.

3rd)

while i understand why you introduced it, by saying it would have been a better example for me to use, it would like me arguing: "this card is playable in the upper levels because it can beat up low tier cards"

that doesnt make sense.

4th) well gbs are fairly exploitable. to be honest, i could take it no problem if it wasnt for the god damn chariot loop. it bothers me just because it wasnt intentional, yet they never bothered to fix the errata.

though i have yet to try with flip 5.

last)

i was kind of distracted.

disgusting -> disgusted.

i havent been playing because i dont like how broken this card game is at the moment.

No Tap-Dancing s*** DAD Would Blow It Up. (is this easier for you?)

as I re-explained already' date=' mojo2 lets you shuffle it back to the deck.

[/quote']

Attacking isn't exactly Dark Armed Dragon's only method of blowing cards up.

so assuming he didnt blow up your mojo already

A rather large assumption to make' date=' considering the fact that practically any Deck with Dark Armed Dragon in it can maintain field presence better than "LOL FLIP TROLLS", especially Blackwings, DARK Synchro, and Cat Synchro, the primary Decks you'll be seeing Dark Armed Dragon in.

but as to your point, berserk dragon isnt close to meta, so he wouldnt fit here.

Obviously, but Morphing Jar #2's hardly any closer.

Actually run them against GBs and BWs and give me a full report.

GB's most annoying quality when I tried was the Freakin war chairot so I sided into Royal Decree and actually won a few duels. The tagging hurt the deck some but not enough.

BW's had some funwith Bora on me wich got annoying and all in all they were just a little faster than the deck could manage. Didnt win much

Archived