YCM'S OFFICIAL AND BIGGEST YVD TOURNAMENT ( ROUND ONE HAS STARTED)

[align=center]Welcome one and all to YCM first official YVD tournament. This tournament is designed to see who is the best duelist on YCM. This has been approved by Chaos Pudding. This tournaments prizes can reach very high.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. You must pm your decks to me.

2. You can only have 1 deck.

3. NO BANNED CARDS.

4. Must have no more than a 50 card deck.

5. You must send me your duel results,

6. If you cheat you will receive 2 negs and be banned from the tourny.

7. Must follow current ban list.

8. TO ENTER YOU MUST PAY ME 100 points.

[spoiler=Registration]

Please PM me this.

You name:

Your YVD username:

Your deck type:

Your Deck list:

And now for the prizes.

[spoiler=prizes]

As you know, if you choose to enter you must pay 100 points. I will not use these points. Instead they will go to the winners of the Tournament.

1st place: ½ of the points, 3 reps, and the crown “KING OF YCM DUELING”

2nd place: 1/3 of the points, 2 reps, and title “PRINCE OF YCM DUELING”

3rd place ¼ of the points, 1 rep, and the title “YCM 3rd best duelist”

Please note that I will not tolerate spamming or flaming and I will report it immediately.

SO NOW YCM, SHOW ME YOU SKILLS ON BATTLE FOR THE CROWN! Also, YVD can be downloaded here http://www.xerocreative.com/?goto=downloads

[spoiler=Contestants]

1. Burnpsy

2.computerwhiz98

3. Nate

4. Kira The Saviour

5. sonicyellow

6. Kiryu™

7. Namo™

8. BehindTheMask

9. Kira

10. Max C.

11. Insert Name Here

12. crimson2432

13. DarkHorse21

14. Lrovani

15. DNovaKnight

16. Descrow

[spoiler= ROUND ONE, NO CUTS]

1.) Nate vs. Kira The Saviour

2.) Burnpsy Vs. Namo™

3.) Max C. Vs. Lrovani

4.) Kira Vs. BehindTheMask

5.) Insert Name Here Vs. Descrow

6.) crimson2432 Vs. DNovaKnight

7.) DarkHorse21 Vs. sonicyellow

8.) computerwhiz98 Vs. Kiryu™

Results are due in 1 week,

[/align]

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's nice and all, except how do you plan on paying out 6/12 + 4/12 + 3/12 = 13/12 of the total points? Are you going to give up some of your own? It's too bad YVD is missing a significant number of cards =(] I'd compete if I had the points, though.

I don't have YVD, but I've been thinking about getting it, and if I do I'll enter.

But that isn't why I'm posting, I've ran several tournaments before and I have some advice

1) Your prizes don't add up. 50%+33%+25%=108%. I say make it 50%, 35%, 15%.

You covered the above while I was posting this

2) Make a list of people that are in it, this way it's easy to keep track of things. Also say how many people at max can enter.

3) If you are entering it would be unfair to have everyone pm you their deck. Plus how could others know if they change?

4) Making it so people need an extra deck isn't needed since it's just that, extra.

Guest PikaPerson01

Lol, netdecker.

4. Must have full side deck + extra.

To hell with that. No other tournament says you have to have a full extra deck.

7. NO RANDOM DECKS

The hell does that mean? Just because your deck isn't meta or anything, you're not allowed to play?

9. TO ENTER YOU MUST PAY ME 200 points.

Lol. No.

1st place: ½ of the points,

2nd place: 1/3 of the points

3rd place ¼ of the points

That's 13 out of 12 points, which means your giving out more points then you've received.

Lol' date=' netdecker. [b']I am not entering[/b]

4. Must have full side deck + extra.

To hell with that. No other tournament says you have to have a full extra deck. I will change that.

7. NO RANDOM DECKS

The hell does that mean? Just because your deck isn't meta or anything, you're not allowed to play? I mean cards that are stuffed with random things and no theme.

9. TO ENTER YOU MUST PAY ME 200 points.

Lol. No. Thats your problem.

1st place: ½ of the points,

2nd place: 1/3 of the points

3rd place ¼ of the points

That's 13 out of 12 points, which means your giving out more points then you've received I am using some of my points >.>

sonicyellow i can reserve you.

Guest PikaPerson01

I am not entering

I must have misread the third post that said:

"I will not be taking part unless necessary"

Not to mention there's more then one reason to netdeck then just to cheat in your own tournament.

I mean cards that are stuffed with random things and no theme.

What's the problem with that again?

Thats your problem.

No, this is your tournament. When you only get about 4 or 5 entrants due to the price, it'll be no one's problem but your own.

I am not entering

I must have misread the third post that said:

"I will not be taking part unless necessary"

Not to mention there's more then one reason to netdeck then just to cheat in your own tournament.

I mean cards that are stuffed with random things and no theme.

What's the problem with that again?

Thats your problem.

No' date=' this is your tournament. When you only get about 4 or 5 entrants due to the price, it'll be no one's problem but your own.

[/quote']

people with 1000 points should not have a problem. And if you read the whole thread ima use a crap deck. I also said i take reservations. And i'll pay for some people if they pay me back.

More suggestion, even if you didn't comment on the first.

1) The no random deck thing is stupid. Why does it matter. If they enter a real tournament with a piece of crap deck, all they did was beat themselves out of 200 points.

2) On that topic, that's a bit to high. 100 would be the max. Most tounraments I've seen don't have a price tag. If you can't pay out prizes, don't make contests of any kind it's that simple. Pus you could ask people to give some point just to make the pot bigger. Most people would give. Also i know the whole point of the cost is for the prize, but points have less use then reps now a days if I"m not mistaken.

3) You say, 3 losses makes you drop, which makes me thing your doing something a long the lines of a Knockout set up, but, IMO, a double elimination is better and eaiser. People play 2 match, with those that loss 1 go into a losser bracket. From their loss means your out.

Also this is a note, if your make a tournament, you need to be be able to go the distance. This will take a long time and I'm willing to put 1000 points on the fact that this won't be done till near the end of the month the soonest

Archived