Niger's President for 3rd term?

OMGAKITTY

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-08-03-voa24.cfm

tl;dr: So Niger's president wants to run for a third term, and their constitution might be revised to let him. What do you think about this? Should a person be allowed to run for president for more than two terms?

I would like to remind all the Americans that the 2-term amendment was not always there.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-08-03-voa24.cfm

tl;dr: So Niger's president wants to run for a third term' date=' and their constitution might be revised to let him. What do you think about this? Should a person be allowed to run for president for more than two terms?

I would like to remind all the Americans that the 2-term amendment was not always there.

[/quote']

Well, President Roosevelt contributed a great amount to bringing the country out of the Great Depression. He served 4 terms... 13 years in office. If he was good, then he should be elected to more terms.

I've always disliked America's two term rule, as it overrules a basic piece of democracy, that being, if 51% of the people want a president who has served two terms return, and he can't, the people have lost their power. So, that said, I support the notion of a democratically elected leader being allowed to serve multiple times.

Um' date=' if Obama proves that he can serve an extra term, and this country needs him. They can go for it. But I doubt it.

[/quote']

...Wow. This post is amazing. You've really managed to capture the essence of this thread here with that statement.

i sense more than a hint of sarcasm

Um' date=' if Obama proves that he can serve an extra term, and this country needs him. They can go for it. But I doubt it.

[/quote']

...Wow. This post is amazing. You've really managed to capture the essence of this thread here with that statement.

i sense more than a hint of sarcasm

I dun no wat ur tlking abt :3

I dunno really... =/ Don't know much about Niger... But for America, I think it'd be better to cut it to a 1 term presidency, but for 6 years instead of 4. That way, he could get all his work done and not have to worry about reelection... The election crap has turned into a big party... =/

Archived