New Way To Run YCM?

Do you honestly think anyone is going to read the rules? I'll grant it to you that some people are going to read the rules to make sure they know what not to do. But be serious. Not many pepole actually read the rules.

And may I ask what first impressions have to do about this?

Omegakitty I completely disagree with you.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you wanna know how to fix it?

Help them out! You cannot blame someone for being a bad rpger when they have just joined or do not know what they are doing is wrong and have no clue how to play anyother way! If you truly care about the rpg section' date=' the life and blood of YCMaker (in my humble opinion), then you should go back to the RPG Section had work with those new members! PM them or post ways that they can become better players.

[/quote']

I have help people in time and then they use what they learn from me and use it to help other people

So.. this is exactly what the system is now?

all you changed was to add a label to those people who own threads. Other than that, you asked for more mods..

And maybe we do, but i dont see any reason right now why we would.. XD

It's completely obvious what this topic is actually about: People (Jake) not being able to write more than four sentences (the Advanced Clause) without going too much out of hand. And they say that I'm the problem here. D:

I lol'd.

I've been pushing for that Rule for a long time' date=' and I've finally got you to put it in place. I won't let idiots like this who fail to RP with more then four sentences ruin it. I've yet to join and RP since this, but that's only because of the lack of free time. You're the problem? Rofl, [b']they're[/b] the problem for failing at RP'ing, or "rpging" as they call it.

Cyber Altair- I will admit it is a little complicated. I'm trying to get all the bugs worked out.

Larxene- I agree with you. I believe the way things are run are good, mostly.

Dealer Umbra/Gold: This has nothing to do with those god forsaken Advance Clauses or "Rules" that you people are trying to force down people's throats. Do not make it sound like it.

Because I believe we can all make this site a little bit better if we truly wanted too. If everyone would listen to each other and not just say "oh that sounds stupid" and instead keeps their opinions to themselves and learns form everyone else then this place can be alot better.

People who refuse to listen, and instead choose to belittle and even insult those who are only voicing their opinion are, in my opinion, ignorant people who need to follow this simple rule:

"Shut your mouth and open your mind."

Of course this isn't about the Advanced Clause, you've only mentioned my name several times in a hateful tone and mentioned roleplaying more than once; this is clearly about the individual user having final say over a moderator for some reason other than ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH.

Have I really mentioned your name several times? Hmmm . . . must of been subconsiously.

As for the hateful tone- not. Aggervated- definiately.

AS for the individual having final say over a Mod. I think that each person has enough brains in their head to be able to handle their own thread without having to get a Mod involved. Now on the chance that they need help from a Mod then they can ask for it . . . or it can be offered.

While it is probably already widely known that I almost completely oppose the Advance Clause. This was not made with the intention of touching that topic.

Black Rose Petal- Thank you.

Guest JoshIcy

People who refuse to listen' date=' and instead choose to belittle and even insult those who are only voicing their opinion are, in my opinion, ignorant people who need to follow this simple rule:

[i']"Shut your mouth and open your mind."[/i]

+1 I like that.

People who refuse to listen' date=' and instead choose to belittle and even insult those who are only voicing their opinion are, in my opinion, ignorant people who need to follow this simple rule:

[i']"Shut your mouth and open your mind."[/i]

+1 I like that.

As do I, but I don't like the context it's said in.

Gold- It is the original way i found it and, though it sounds harsh, does not make it any less true and meaningfull

Icyblue! How are you (no ryhme intended)

I am glad you enjoy my philosophy (not really mine as in I made it, more like I follow it). As long as people did that then they would see that their way isn't always the best way, and that there are other possabilities that can be used, even if they do not disagree with them.

I do not want to bring up teh topic of script or book but it is the only example I can come up with.

I use script, but know that others use the book way of writing. I have said it before, I know people are good with that style, even though I do not enjoy writing in it. Am I going to say it is wrong belittle the user of said style because of that reason? No! I am going to simply say "well as long as you are good at that style, then it does not bother me."

Advanced Clause is staying, no matter where you make threads and in what section. Umbra isn't 'suffocating the RP forum', as you basically put it; the RP forum is in shreds, throwing RPers off because of the appearance of it. All he's doing is improving it, but you're all taking it the wrong way. It's obvious that if you can't be bothered to put a little bit of effort into it (You wrote this, ffs - use that for your RPing.) then you only RP for post count. It's four lines, not a novel every post.

Advanced Clause is staying, no matter where you make threads and in what section. Umbra isn't 'suffocating the RP forum', as you basically put it; the RP forum is in shreds, throwing RPers off because of the appearance of it. All he's doing is improving it, but you're all taking it the wrong way. It's obvious that if you can't be bothered to put a little bit of effort into it (You wrote this, ffs - use that for your RPing.) then you only RP for post count. It's four lines

I don't disagree that we should all write a little bit more, make posts more than a mere sentance or two. I have neve gone against that. I haev however said that doing so everytime is not plossable. If the scenery does not change then what is there to describe? Have you not already describbed it in another post?

What I HAVE been fighting for is the god given right for people to post the way they want, how they want. I have never said script is better than book, or the other way around. I just do not think that banning people based on the way they write is not fair in the least bit. Would you like getting banend just because you write the way you do?

On a more personal note- I have never ever in my entire time of being her have used the rpg sections as a way to raise my post count. Post Counts hold little interest to me. If I really, truly and honestly, wanted to raise my post count just to get another star then I'd join a game or discussion. Not clog up a good rpg with random spam.

No. This idea is kinda overcomplicated, and there's nothing wrong with the way things are run now.

Super mods do have local jurisdiction, since YCMaker still has them assigned to sections.

MyBB does have the ability to set members to moderate their own threads, but they'd abuse that power most definitely.

Idealy Supers are there to enforce stuff like the Supreme Court.

They have no local jurisdiction. And are called in when decisions that are harder to make' date=' need to be made.

[/quote']

Except for umbra, who has taken over the RP section COMPLETELY.

I want to know how he even became a super in the first place.

Advanced Clause is staying' date=' no matter where you make threads and in what section. Umbra isn't 'suffocating the RP forum', as you basically put it; the RP forum is in shreds, throwing RPers off because of the appearance of it. All he's doing is [i']improving[/i] it, but you're all taking it the wrong way. It's obvious that if you can't be bothered to put a little bit of effort into it (You wrote this, ffs - use that for your RPing.) then you only RP for post count. It's four lines, not a novel every post.

Advanced Clause is staying, no matter where you make threads and in what section. Umbra isn't 'suffocating the RP forum', as you basically put it; the RP forum is in shreds, throwing RPers off because of the appearance of it. All he's doing is improving it, but you're all taking it the wrong way. It's obvious that if you can't be bothered to put a little bit of effort into it (You wrote this, ffs - use that for your RPing.) then you only RP for post count. It's four lines

Snitch, you are starting to sound more like dealer umbra every day!

I disagree with you snitch, but if you want me to stop, I can, since I have my own RP forum where the advanced clause doesn't apply in the first place.

I don't disagree that we should all write a little bit more' date=' make posts more than a mere sentance or two. I have neve gone against that. I haev however said that doing so everytime is not plossable. If the scenery does not change then what is there to describe? Have you not already describbed it in another post?

[b']What I HAVE been fighting for is the god given right for people to post the way they want, how they want.[/b] I have never said script is better than book, or the other way around. I just do not think that banning people based on the way they write is not fair in the least bit. Would you like getting banend just because you write the way you do?

On a more personal note- I have never ever in my entire time of being her have used the rpg sections as a way to raise my post count. Post Counts hold little interest to me. If I really, truly and honestly, wanted to raise my post count just to get another star then I'd join a game or discussion. Not clog up a good rpg with random spam.

lolwat? This isn't America. This is a privately owned forum. You have no rights.

They have no local jurisdiction. And are called in when decisions that are harder to make' date=' need to be made.

[/quote']

I want to know how he even became a super in the first place.

Because he is an excellent Mod for what he does and he deserved the position? You're just the lot that are too lazy to add one or two lines, not paragraphs, to your posts.

Omegakitty- We always have the right to speak as we say. Privately owned or not. I don't think YCMaker or Falling Pizza (the only two Administrators I know of) really want to be cencoring every little thing we say.

Snitch- I have a question for you. Do you know Dealer Umbra in real life? This has nothing to do with anything we are discussing currently. It is merely a question that popped into my head and would like to know.

Guest JoshIcy

[/quote']

I still have priority over CC.

And why not? The advanced clause works.

Archived