Laptops

Guest Tiger

Mine is called an EeePC. My friends' date=' family, and I call it The Eeepy. It's about a quarter of the size of my friend's laptop so I get to tease him about that. When you're going to be hauling it around a school, which is better: a light, tiny laptop or a normal-sized, hulking one?

[/quote']

Your laptop is a quarter of the size? IIRC EeePCs have 9" screens, so double that in both dimensions and you get 18". IIRC 18" laptops usually have 2 or even 4 cores. IIRC, having a dual core processor and a graphics card of a matched levels lets you play, say, Half Life 2. IIRC, Half Life 2 is awesome. IIRC, your EeePC has none of this, and school is not really awesome anyway. Your friend should be teasing you.

I don't use it for playing games. That's not what I got it for. Its main purpose is for schoolwork. Therefore, it works a whole lot better for hauling around school than my friend's.

Yes, but since school is not awesome anyway, and gaming is, your point is irrelevant.

My laptop has Vista too, which totally ruins it.

Vista might make games look better and so, but it takes a lot more space to run the games. The whole Vista takes a lot more space than XP for example. It is enough for me that laptops don't even have so much space as desktops. I always have to delete something.

My laptop has Vista too' date=' which totally ruins it.

Vista might make games look better and so, but it takes a lot more space to run the games. The whole Vista takes a lot more space than XP for example. It is enough for me that laptops don't even have so much space as desktops. I always have to delete something.

[/quote']

Vista isn't as bad as every whore out there says it is.

It's NOT THAT BAD.

(I got XP :P)

My laptop has Vista too' date=' which totally ruins it.

[/quote']

Vista doesn't make most games look better.

I have a Dell (Eww) Inspiron•1720. A 17" screen' date=' Vista (Dont get why people dont like it. . . .) but a shitty memory. =\

[/quote']

vista got it's reputation before it patched everything up. it works fine now, people just have a large imprint in their minds that it sux

I have a Dell (Eww) Inspiron•1720. A 17" screen' date=' Vista (Dont get why people dont like it. . . .) but a shitty memory. =\

[/quote']

vista got it's reputation before it patched everything up. it works fine now, people just have a large imprint in their minds that it sux

Except I've used it. It's bad enough, even when patched, to confirm my idea of it within only a few hours of use.

Archived