First Render Attempts: Mokey Mokey & Monster Reborn

burnpsy

MokeyMokey.png

Knowing me when it comes to artistic stuff' date=' this is probably terrible. >.>

...and yes, I see the obvious problem with it. :(

[/quote']

Its just a little choppy near the edges. Thats all i can see thats even barely bad. Good render.

Did you just blur the edges or did you duplicate' date=' blur, and put the normal layer over?

Off-Topic: You guys find the hardest things to render... >_>/sarcasm

[/quote']

The last two blurs were me getting lazy. I used a program that auto-blurred it, but then the main image got blurry as well, so the original image was put on top. How you were able to tell that I put the old image over is beyond me though.

I know I shouldn't be that lazy, but I tried blurring it manually about 20 times, and they all ended up just about the same as the one on post 5. >.>

Off-Topic: It's my favourite card. >.> I HAD to save it for rendering myself. That said, I failingly tried Monster Reborn an hour ago.

Did you just blur the edges or did you duplicate' date=' blur, and put the normal layer over?

Off-Topic: You guys find the hardest things to render... >_>/sarcasm

[/quote']

The last two blurs were me getting lazy. I used a program that auto-blurred it, but then the main image got blurry as well, so the original image was put on top. How you were able to tell that I put the old image over is beyond me though.

I know I shouldn't be that lazy, but I tried blurring it manually about 20 times, and they all ended up just about the same as the one on post 5. >.>

Off-Topic: It's my favourite card. >.> I HAD to save it for rendering myself. That said, I failingly tried Monster Reborn an hour ago.

Do you use Photoshop or GIMP? Or something else?

The first post was a product of Paint.NET' date=' the first blur was done on GIMP, and I explained how I used Paint.NET for the last 2 blurs shown.

[/quote']

Alright.

This should work on GIMP.

Easy blurring: duplicate the layer that has your rendered image.

Hide the front layer.

Select the back layer and click on "Filters->Blur->Gaussian Blur"

Play with the settings until you get a result that will look nice behind the rendered image.

Should work. XD

Thanks for the tip.

feathered

???

• adorned with feathers or plumes
  • covered with feathers; having the blades of oars or propellers parallel to the direction of motion; of a finely bevelled edge
  • turning an oar parallel to the water between pulls
  • the fifth album by the Washington' date=' D.C. based rock band Dead Meadow.
    [*']a children's novel by Jacqueline Woodson.

...but nothing that's relevant to this. >.>

Oh, hold on:

Feathering is a technique used in computer graphics software to smooth or blur the edges of a feature. The term is inherited from a technique of fine retouching using fine feathers.

In that case, I agree. I'll try fixing it soon.

Archived