Was this a good duel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Was this a good duel?

• It was short, but a good duel.
    • It was short and a bad duel.
    • It was a good duel.
    • It was a bad duel.

Synchro(me) vs. Spellcaster(David), 8000 LP

David wins the coin toss. We both draw 5 cards. I draw Symchronized Realm, Gottoms' Emergency Call, Synchro Blast Wave, Symbols of Duty, and Road Synchron. David draws a card. He Sets a monster and plays 3 face-downs. My turn. I draw Revival Gift. I summon Road Synchron and attack his face-down monster. It's Royal Magical Library. I lose 400 LP(7600). I Set Revival Gift and Gottoms' Emergency Call face-down and end. He draws. He summons Skilled Dark Magician and attacks my Road Synchron. I lose 300 LP(7300). My turn, I draw Widespread Ruin. I Set it and end. David draws and activates Magical Citadel of Endymion. This activates both Skilled Dark Magician and Royal Magical Library's special ability giving them both 1 Spell Counter. His Skilled Dark Magician attacks, and I activate Widespread Ruin. Now, here is were me and David are argueing. He says the trap does not negate the attack. I say it destroys his monster before the Damage Step. Post and tell me what you think. For now, we're going with it negated his attack(he's really pissed xD). He ends, and I draw Junk Synchron. I Summon him and end. David draws. Now, here is were it looks pretty bad for me. Don't worry, I never lose...David Summons Summoner Monk. His effect automatically switches him to Defense. He activates his special ability. He discards Diffusion Wave Motion to Special Summon Allure Queen LV3 in Attack. The activation of a spell triggers Royal Magical Library and Magical Citadel of Endymion's ability, giving them both a Spell Counter(R.M.L=2, M.Co.E=1). Now he activates both of R.M.L and M.Co.E, and draws a card. Then he activates Monster Reincarnation and discards the card he just drew and brings Skilled Dark Magician to his hand. This, again, gives the 2 cards Spell Counters. Now he activates Allure Queen's special abilty, turning my Junk Synchron into an equip spell card increasing her attack by 1300(ATK/1800). Now, again, here is were me and David argue. If Junk Synchron is turned into an equip spell card, does that count towards Royal Magical Library and Magical Citadel of Endymion's special effects, giving them both a Spell Counter? I say no(obviously) and he says yes. We're going to go with yes since he let Widespread Ruin negate his attack(R.M.L=2, M.Co.E=2). Now he activates Royal Magical Library's special ability again, removing the 2 on it and 1 on Magical Citadel of Endymion(R.M.L=0, M.Co.E=1), so he can draw another card. Now, just real quick, I wanna ask you guys something. Do you think it would be worth it to activate Revival Gift? Yea, I get Road Warrior back to block Allure Queen, but he gets 2 Revival Tokens with 1500 Attack! I didn't, but tell me what you think. I lose 1800 LP(5500) and he ends. I draw Woodborg Inpachi(-_-...sh*t) and end. David draws and summons Skilled Dark Magician. Then he activates Summoner Monk's effect again by discarding Card Destruction. He Special Summons Magical Exempler. Then he activates Mist Body on Summoner Monk, giving 4 cards a Spell Counter(R.M.L=1, S.D.M=1, M.E=2, M.Co.E=2). Then he activates Skilled Dark Magician's special effect. So, he removes the 1 on him, and the 2 on Magical Citadel of Endymion, and by sacrificing S.D.M, he special summons Dark Magician. Now, he activates the trap The Transmigrational Prophecy. So he returns Diffusion Wave-Motion and Skilled Dark Magician to his Deck, which I shuffle. Now, if you add up all of his moster's attack(Dark Magician, Magical Exemplar, and Allure Queen LV3), it should total 6000. And, if you have been paying attention, I only have 5500. And this is were we get into the arguement to win all arguements. I wanna activate my Revival Gift, bringing back my Road Synchron, bocking his Magical Exemplar's attack(except for 100). But he says I can't do that because he doesn't have any room to take the 2 Revival Tokens. And this is were I get mad because about 3 days ago we dueled, he had 1 open space on his field, I activated Revival Gift, and he didn't say a word. He took the 1 token and kept going. And it is because of that(and because it would be boring if it ended right now), I avtivate my Revival Gift to bring back my Road Synchron, blocking his Magical Exemplar's attack, leaving me with 1100 LP. Then...I draw...here goes...(NOTE:I DID NOT CHANGE THE CARD I AM GOING TO DRAW. ACTUALLY, I AM TYPING THIS BEFORE I HAVE EVEN DRAWN THE CARD. PLEASE DO NOT POST BADLY IF IT IS A CARD THAT WILL BUY ME TIME(which I doubt))I draw, Frequency Magician! F*ck! Damnit! -_-... Umm...fine. I Set him and end...David draws. He shows me his card because it doesn't matter. It's Breaker the Magical Warrior. His Allure Queen attacks my monster and destroys it. His Dark Magician kills me...David then shows me his 2 face-downs he had for pretty much the entire duel. They were Mirror of Oaths and Spell Shattering Arrow.

DO NOT COMMENT ON ANY ILLEGAL OR BAD CARDS, YOU WILL BE NEGGED. BE READY BECAUSE TOMARROW(I know it's spelled wrong) WE ARE HAVING ROUND 2 OF OUR MATCH BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET TO SEE ANY OF MY SYNCHROS IN ACTION. AND BY TOMARROW I MEAN WEDNSDAY.

Not a poll, poll:Comment on the duel(except the above)! Tell me what you think! I know it was kinda short and I totally got burned...but tell me about it! What should I do and do not do? Should I keep my hand a secret? Should I keep all my face-downs a secret? Should I stop posting LP and how many Spell Counters each card has? Tell me! I'll fix it next round!

WTF?!?! How did you do that? The second I post it your here! Scared the hell out of me...

Yea I know it's long and' date=' heh, I just found out was tl;dr was about a week ago. Hmm...I'll be looking at your decks.

[/quote']

Just split the duel in turns, and clearly label the turns, thats all.

[spoiler=The Duel, in Paragraphs and a ton easy to read]

David wins the coin toss. We both draw 5 cards. I draw Symchronized Realm, Gottoms' Emergency Call, Synchro Blast Wave, Symbols of Duty, and Road Synchron.

David's Turn

David draws a card. He Sets a monster and plays 3 face-downs.

My turn.

I draw Revival Gift. I summon Road Synchron and attack his face-down monster. It's Royal Magical Library. I lose 400 LP(7600). I Set Revival Gift and Gottoms' Emergency Call face-down and end.

David's Turn

He draws. He summons Skilled Dark Magician and attacks my Road Synchron. I lose 300 LP(7300).

My turn.

I draw Widespread Ruin. I Set it and end.

David's Turn

David draws and activates Magical Citadel of Endymion. This activates both Skilled Dark Magician and Royal Magical Library's special ability giving them both 1 Spell Counter. His Skilled Dark Magician attacks, and I activate Widespread Ruin.

Now, here is were me and David are argueing. He says the trap does not negate the attack. I say it destroys his monster before the Damage Step. Post and tell me what you think. For now, we're going with it negated his attack(he's really pissed xD).

He ends.

My turn.

I draw Junk Synchron. I Summon him and end.

David's Turn

David draws. Now, here is were it looks pretty bad for me. Don't worry, I never lose...David Summons Summoner Monk. His effect automatically switches him to Defense. He activates his special ability. He discards Diffusion Wave Motion to Special Summon Allure Queen LV3 in Attack. The activation of a spell triggers Royal Magical Library and Magical Citadel of Endymion's ability, giving them both a Spell Counter(R.M.L=2, M.Co.E=1). Now he activates both of R.M.L and M.Co.E, and draws a card. Then he activates Monster Reincarnation and discards the card he just drew and brings Skilled Dark Magician to his hand. This, again, gives the 2 cards Spell Counters. Now he activates Allure Queen's special abilty, turning my Junk Synchron into an equip spell card increasing her attack by 1300(ATK/1800).

Now, again, here is were me and David argue. If Junk Synchron is turned into an equip spell card, does that count towards Royal Magical Library and Magical Citadel of Endymion's special effects, giving them both a Spell Counter? I say no(obviously) and he says yes. We're going to go with yes since he let Widespread Ruin negate his attack(R.M.L=2, M.Co.E=2).

Now he activates Royal Magical Library's special ability again, removing the 2 on it and 1 on Magical Citadel of Endymion(R.M.L=0, M.Co.E=1), so he can draw another card.

Now, just real quick, I wanna ask you guys something. Do you think it would be worth it to activate Revival Gift? Yea, I get Road Warrior back to block Allure Queen, but he gets 2 Revival Tokens with 1500 Attack! I didn't, but tell me what you think.

I lose 1800 LP(5500) and he ends.

My turn.

I draw Woodborg Inpachi(-_-...sh*t) and end.

David's Turn

David draws and summons Skilled Dark Magician. Then he activates Summoner Monk's effect again by discarding Card Destruction. He Special Summons Magical Exempler. Then he activates Mist Body on Summoner Monk, giving 4 cards a Spell Counter(R.M.L=1, S.D.M=1, M.E=2, M.Co.E=2). Then he activates Skilled Dark Magician's special effect. So, he removes the 1 on him, and the 2 on Magical Citadel of Endymion, and by sacrificing S.D.M, he special summons Dark Magician. Now, he activates the trap The Transmigrational Prophecy. So he returns Diffusion Wave-Motion and Skilled Dark Magician to his Deck, which I shuffle. Now, if you add up all of his moster's attack(Dark Magician, Magical Exemplar, and Allure Queen LV3), it should total 6000.

And, if you have been paying attention, I only have 5500. And this is were we get into the arguement to win all arguements. I wanna activate my Revival Gift, bringing back my Road Synchron, bocking his Magical Exemplar's attack(except for 100). But he says I can't do that because he doesn't have any room to take the 2 Revival Tokens. And this is were I get mad because about 3 days ago we dueled, he had 1 open space on his field, I activated Revival Gift, and he didn't say a word. He took the 1 token and kept going. And it is because of that(and because it would be boring if it ended right now),

I avtivate my Revival Gift to bring back my Road Synchron, blocking his Magical Exemplar's attack, leaving me with 1100 LP.

My turn.

I draw...here goes...

NOTE:I DID NOT CHANGE THE CARD I AM GOING TO DRAW. ACTUALLY, I AM TYPING THIS BEFORE I HAVE EVEN DRAWN THE CARD. PLEASE DO NOT POST BADLY IF IT IS A CARD THAT WILL BUY ME TIME(which I doubt)

I draw, Frequency Magician! F*ck! Damnit! -_-... Umm...fine. I Set him and end...David draws. He shows me his card because it doesn't matter. It's Breaker the Magical Warrior. His Allure Queen attacks my monster and destroys it. His Dark Magician kills me...David then shows me his 2 face-downs he had for pretty much the entire duel. They were Mirror of Oaths and Spell Shattering Arrow.

Thank me later

Just a note, but Summoner Monk only Summons Level 4 monsters.

Allure Queen LV3 isn't level 4, iirc.

Also - Widespread stops the attack and equipping something doesn't give spell counters. Summoner Monk never activates anything so he shouldn't have got Spell Counters for that either.

you two are playing all wrong, and miss-played just about every other card.

discarding for monk, does not activate a spell

activating allure queen does not make it a spell,

skilled DM does not remove the counters from himself before tributing to summon Dark magician.

you can't split the costs of cards between citadel and the other card.

and your deck sucks bad.

you two are playing all wrong' date=' and miss-played just about every other card.

skilled DM does not remove the counters from himself before tributing to summon Dark magician.

and your deck sucks bad.

[/quote']

^ This, but he missed some misplays.

I still cant believe this many pepole actually READ all of that.

Check Azuh's version it's easier to read.

you two are playing all wrong' date=' and miss-played just about every other card.

and your deck sucks bad.

[/quote']

^ This, but he missed some misplays.

I still cant believe this many pepole actually READ all of that.

Check Azuh's version it's easier to read.

Im still too lazy even for that....

Guest PikaPerson01
I avtivate my Revival Gift to bring back my Road Synchron, blocking his Magical Exemplar's attack, leaving me with 1100 LP.

Monster can't attack the turn it was SS-ed by Summoner Monk.

... That being said, both of you are godawful duelists. Him for rulings, you for deck building.

[b']you can't split the costs of cards between citadel and the other card.[/b]

and your deck sucks bad.

Yes, actually if you looked the card up it says you can use it's counters for other cards.

[b']skilled DM does not remove the counters from himself before tributing to summon Dark magician.[/b]

and your deck sucks bad.

Dude, I just said I removed the counters and tributed him. I know the card says just to tribute him with 3 or more counters on him.

Thanks Azuh, I'll remember to do that next round.

and your deck sucks bad.

Yes' date=' actually if you looked the card up it says you can use it's counters for other cards.

[/quote']

Yeah, you can use them, but you can't split them. You have to use Citad for all of the counters or none.

For example, you can remove two counters from Citad to use Royal Magical Library's effect, OR two from RML itself. You can't remove one from each.

Hope that helped ^_^

[b']you can't split the costs of cards between citadel and the other card.[/b]

and your deck sucks bad.

Yes, actually if you looked the card up it says you can use it's counters for other cards.

[b']skilled DM does not remove the counters from himself before tributing to summon Dark magician.[/b]

and your deck sucks bad.

Dude, I just said I removed the counters and tributed him. I know the card says just to tribute him with 3 or more counters on him.

Thanks Azuh, I'll remember to do that next round.

you removed counters from him and citadel, which wouldn't work even if you had had 3 counters on citadel, since the couters aren't actually used for the effect that tributes him for DM, its only a requirement to activate the effect.

Archived