Multiple card viewing

Ethaniel

I would like to suggest a feature be added to the Card Maker that allows you to view multiple cards that you have saved to a set at once while creating a card. I think this would be useful so that you don't have to keep track of multiple card names and effects and such. Say you created a card, only to later realize that you had already created another card some time ago with the same name or effect. Alsso, if you can't seem to find an image to suit a card you're creating, you can look back through previously created cards and possibly use an image that fits with one of your previously createdd sets.

Just a suggestion, don't flame please.

With the 1st suggestion, you'd, most likely, wind up scrolling all around the page with multiple cards showing. Imagine how many Card Information/Preview sections there would be if you chose to view your entire set at once. (I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate having to scroll around everywhere.) The only other option would be if YCMaker makes the card images smaller, which wouldn't be good, as you'd probably would have a tough time seeing what you would need fixing, image-wise. And you'd still have to keep track of your cards, though it wouldn't be as hard. Nonetheless, I don't think the Administrators would roll with this idea.

The 2nd suggestion seems pointless, seeing as you can just load a card with the image you're looking for & just change the name, effect, & stats.

I support neither suggestions.

Why own a site if you're not willing to put a little extra effort into it? Not that I'm saying YCMaker doesn't, of course. And it is possible that adding this feature could cause the site to become more popular. You never know until you try. If it doesn't work out, that's why they invented the delete button.

This has been suggested before. Never as well articulated as yours has been, though. Good job for that.

I have around 130-some cards, and I've never really had an issue keeping track of which is which. Creating a card with the same name as a previously made card seems highly unlikely. There is no limit to the types of names you can create. If you seriously ran out of ideas for names, I'm sorry, you're probably not that creative of a person. :/

If you do create a card with the same name, saving it would overwrite your old card >_>

So that's not an issue either. But this sums it up:

The main problem is really the fact that it would require a large amount of coding by YCMaker and would yield very little results.

Open up multiple tabs?

I think "preview post" would be more effective.

It would. He just suggesting ways to keep track of effects and other parts cards. Why not just save all the effects and stats to Microsoft Word so you can review them making sure you don't make effects similar.

Archived