Guide to Skill Drain Decks[IN THE WORKS]

how does Thunder King Rai-Oh's effect still activate while skill drain is on the field?

Because it is not face-up on the field when it's effect resolves. This is how Glads destroy Drain by SS Bestiari and BoMing it so they can still use it's effect. Skill Drain only affects monsters Face-up on the field when their effects resolve so if either a monster is in the grave when it resolves or is face-down, it's effect still works if it is an ignition effect.

how does Thunder King Rai-Oh's effect still activate while skill drain is on the field?

Because it is not face-up on the field when it's effect resolves. This is how Glads destroy Drain by SS Bestiari and BoMing it so they can still use it's effect. Skill Drain only affects monsters Face-up on the field when their effects resolve so if either a monster is in the grave when it resolves or is face-down' date=' it's effect still works if it is an ignition effect.

[/quote']

So you can still activate monster effects there just not negated if they ere not on the field?

Because it is not face-up on the field when it's effect resolves. This is how Glads destroy Drain by SS Bestiari and BoMing it so they can still use it's effect. Skill Drain only affects monsters Face-up on the field when their effects resolve so if either a monster is in the grave when it resolves or is face-down' date=' it's effect still works if it is an ignition effect.

[/quote']

So you can still activate monster effects there just not negated if they ere not on the field?

It's a bit more complicated than that as only ignition and a few others work this way, but essentially yes

Skilless Village shouldn't contain Synchros in my opinion;

you must have only spellcasters on the field if you want it to work.

I'm still adding her, just incase somebody wants to exepirement. And what if some kind of threat comes along that you can't deal with unless you use a Synchro? Or maybe you deal with another Skill Drain Deck. She is atleast sideable, so that's what I put next to it. And I'm done with Skilless Village. Unless somebody could poit out if I'm missing something. :)

I think Prisons will be more helpful than reckless greed,

Fissure\Smashing is better than M-Dimension,

divine wrath can be helpful here too,agains breaker and stuff,

and what happened to the bribes?no bribes and no divine?how will you protect your skill drain or your Village?

and i'd drop a kycoo for another dark elf,or a kycoo and monk for 2 Familiar-Possessed, but thats just me.

I think Prisons will be more helpful than reckless greed' date='

[b']I'll add, it's just my build(I forgot to mention you, I'll go do that)[/b]

Fissure\Smashing is better than M-Dimension,

Fissure and Smashing are quite obvious, like Heavy Storm.

divine wrath can be helpful here too,agains breaker and stuff,

Skill Drain stops him though.

and what happened to the bribes?no bribes and no divine?how will you protect your skill drain or your Village?

I'll add both anyways.

and i'd drop a kycoo for another dark elf,or a kycoo and monk for 2 Familiar-Possessed, but thats just me.

Possessed, I'll put them in.

Anything else.

For Skillage, as I call it, why not try triple DMG,single/double DM and a Sorceror of Dark Magic?

Combined with Village, he's a total spell/trap lock, as he can take out any other monster they try to play.

Plus, he doesn't negate all traps, just the ones you want him to.

• 3 months later...

i have question about Skill Drain !

if i have it in my field ' date=' can my opponent use Exodie ???

[/quote']

First of all, why would you bump a topic this old to say something so irrelevant?

Second of all, of course your opponent can use Exodia. You would know that if you actually read Skill Drain, which you obviously didn't because, as you have already demonstrated, you're a bloody moron of questionable literacy.

Archived