Ponyo

OMGAKITTY

I just saw the new Miyazaki film.

ponyo.jpg

It was pretty lol. It was a lot more light-hearted than his previous work. I was kind of meh on some of the animation (pretty much everything outside of the ocean...but that might have been intentional).

I'm actually really glad it didn't focus on pollution. The trailer made it seem like it would, and that concerned me (because whenever you get a movie that tries to BASH a moral into your head, you get a horrible movie. Like "The Happening".)

And Ocean Wizard Man is full of epic win.

Your opinions?

Miyazaki=Win

This movie does look great. I would see it. I am just hoping its not one of those movies where only the trailer was the good parts

Howls Moving castle is still epic win[/offtopic]

I'd say visually, the trailer covered the most epic parts. Storywise, the rest of the movie still carries strong.

I just really hate how it went through disney

imo too light for my taste and Miyazaki's style

Princes Mononoke was epic win.

Sprited Away was pure nightmare fuel. I loved it. XD

(back on topic)

The mom's driving scared me. A lot.

Wha?

Ponyo is too epic for Disney >.> how did they get their hands on it. Usually only crap comes from Disney now a days.

(back on topic)

Wha?

Ponyo is too epic for Disney >.> how did they get their hands on it. Usually only crap comes from Disney now a days.

He speaks the TRUTH

Oh yeah...

I forgot spirited away...

I <3 that movie

(back on topic)

Wha?

All Miyazaki films go through Disney. And actually, Disney is really limited on what they can change. A few clarifying dialogue additions, and some added orchestral music is pretty much it. So stop Disney bashing, if you didn't like the movie, it wasn't their fault.

Looks good' date=' But at the same time miley cyrus and the jonas brothers, Stupid siblings do the voices -.-

[/quote']

They don't do a horrible job at it.

I didn't say I didn't like the movie' date=' just not a lot of decent things come from Disney now a days.

[/quote']

Disney/Pixar still pumps out amazing movies. Disney is getting back on track with the Princess and the Frog, too.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Sheesh, I almost forgot this was from Japan. Seeing as I've only watched the subs, that's... surprising.

'Tis good, though. Insane moe + Miyazaki writing = a cure for End of EVA.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I may watch' date=' after i watch [i']T[/i]he Final Destination

Fix'd.

For the record, though, this is much better than any of the past three Final Destinations were. Then again, horror/gorn movies on the whole tend to suck...

I may watch' date=' after i watch [i']T[/i]he Final Destination

Fix'd.

For the record, though, this is much better than any of the past three Final Destinations were. Then again, horror/gorn movies on the whole tend to suck...

You want to watch horror? Go find something from Japan. :/

Those guys know how to do horror.

Archived