Twilight Princess - A Regret Review

+sw.DISZ

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is another great game from the Zelda franchise, although it falls short of all the hype that I had seen before I played it. The controls were very nice, and I don't think I would have enjoyed this game as much if I didn't have the Wii version. The use of the Wiimote is a very nice touch and should be kept for any upcoming Zelda games for the Wii.

Plot - The plot, in my opinion, is one of the best in the series. The cut scenes were very enjoyable and I probably wouldn't have found the story as good as it was without those interpretations. I still favor the MM storyline over this one for it's uniqueness, though. Overall, this is still one of the best in the series as far as story. - 8.5

Graphics/Sound - Graphics were nice for my expectations, although with my experience for recent Nintendo games I didn't expect much. I think they could have worked on some choppiness with the earlier levels, and the textures could've been better, but it was a nice step up from the recent Vector based styles in Zelda. The sound was very nice, as usual. I found that I didn't enjoy this soundtrack compared to MM or OoT, as both those games had better soundtracks for suspense. - 8.0

Game play - Nice and smooth. The use of swords and arrows with the Wiimote was a very nice touch and made the game much more enjoyable. The ability to turn into a wolf was a cool addition and made the game very creative. I found the over world free roam the coolest of the series, as the world is much larger. My only complaints are the slight lag when using the Wiimote, and that I found less creative ingenuity as far as new features. - 8.5

Difficulty - Not going to take much time with this, but I found the difficulty in this one varying. The game itself was shorter than most, in my opinion, which gave it a smaller difficulty than say, Wind Waker or LTTP. TP just didn't have that great difficulty I've come to expect from most Zelda games. - 7.5

Replay Value - As with any Zelda game, I'm bound to play this through again to get all the items to collect and actually beat the game 100%, but if I had already done that, I probably would not pull this off my shelf very often. Although with the game being shorter than most in the franchise, I feel as though it would be an enjoyable game to play through one afternoon when I'm bored. - 8.0

Overall - 8.0 from me.

Don't like the way I review? Too bad. [: Want me to review a specific game? PM me. [:

- +sw.Regret

You review, IMO is 100% true and I agree with you. However being a LoZ fan since Ocarina of Time ( Sorry I was born but only so many years ago ), I could overlook the flaws, as they were not vast or really did they take away from the overall quality of the game.

I would have gave it an 8.5/10. But I would agree with anything from 8.0-9.5.

Nice review. I think I had a different experience when playing it. I borrowed the Gamecube version from My friend, and later in the year I got a wii with the wii version. I found the flipped map challenging, but overall, I loved this game.

I would like You to review a game, so I'll PM it to You in a bit.

Fantastic game, I have it on GameCube. Next to Tales of Symphonia, this is easily the best game on the GC. The difficulty was in fact easy (though, the first major boss was a challenge to fight). The water temple was probably the best planned dungeon in the game.

It's kinda funny, I bought the stratagy guide after I beat the game 100%, just to see if indeed I beat it 100%, and I did, lol. $20 wasted, lol.

Archived