The main thing that I think is wrong with this game

I once had a discussion about the following sentence:

"This card cannot be Special Summoned' date=' except by Fusion Summon."

The guy kept saying he could Reborn it. I was confused because the card itself said no.

[/quote']

If it were "This card can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon", and he'd originally Summoned it properly, it would've been legit.

If it actually was "except by" and you weren't misquoting, then he couldn't have. Which Fusion was it exactly?

I can just imagine cards layed out like this

Summon Condition - Discard 1 Monster

Activation - Pay 500 Life Points

Effect - Target 1 Monster

Resolution - Destroy Targeted monster and this card

It would be degrading to ygo, making people look like illiterates retards...D=

Guest PikaPerson01

It would be degrading to ygo' date=' making people look like illiterates retards...D=

[/quote']

But it would solve a lot of common ruling problems judges are faced with. Swallow your damn pride.

They just need to change the wording, it's the wording that causes a bunch of problems. Up until recently it was fairly unclear if a card targeted or not. It wasn't hard to figure out, but it was questionable. Newer cards are starting to say something along the lines of "select a card. apply this effect to this card" if it targets. If they could change it to what DesCrow said but in a way that didn't make everyone feel like they were idiots and couldn't understand it any other way, I would be fine with it.

In Yugioh WC 2009, I kept using Mystical Space Typhoon on Monster Reborn and wondered why it doesn't negate the effect since it saids destroy the spell or trap card. I had no experience with MST at the time since I was using Harpie Feather Duster in WC 2004. WC 2009 is where I have learned.

• Heres what Konami should have done IMO, the texts on the cards should be similar to this:

COST: Discard 1 card

EFFECT: Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

• As for the cards that cannot be activated through costs

If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by a card effect that is not a cost, Special Summon it. If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by your opponent's card effect that is not a cost, you can select up to 2 cards your opponent controls and destroy them.

• Monster cost requirements

COST: Tribute 1 of your monsters on the field (excluding this monster) during each of your Standby Phases. If you do not' date=' this card is destroyed.

[/quote']

• Summon Costs

COST: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard from play.

EFFECT: Once per turn' date=' you can remove 1 face-up monster on the field from play. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

[/quote']

• Proper Card effects

COST: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by offering 2 Level 6 or higher Spellcaster-Type monsters on your side of the field as Tributes.

EFFECT: As long as this card remains face-up on the field' date=' you can negate the activation of Trap Cards, [i']except Counter Trap Cards[/i] and destroy them.

Archived