Fake Types

Do you like fake types  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like fake types

• yes
    • no

The limiting of Fake types limits imagination. Some of us do not want to be tied down to the official types and would rather expand into something unique and new. Fake type hatred is childish. I understand the distaste for noobish fake types' date=' but those with more detail and complexity do not deserve the hate. Some cards just can't fit into the established types. Myself in particular feel that luck based cards should have their own type, instead of being Warriors/Spellcasters/Fairies/Etc. My Gambler type fits perfectly for cards back on luck, because using them is typically a gamble.

[/quote']

You sir, are a n00b. Just make them "Luck Lord" Archetype instead of coming up with some lame Fake Type. There are already multiple luck based cards, none of which have had the need for a new Type.

I present a valid argument and you write me off as a n00b, really where is the validity in your argument? Why make an Archetype when several of the cards you would like to include in the group wouldn't fit with the Archetype name. Say I use your "Luck Lord" name for the basis of an Archetype, there are only so many things you can do with that. With Fake types you are allowed more creative freedom to work with, Say I want to name one card "Tuning Ace" and another "Luck Reaper" there isn't really a good way to tie those two cards together with an Archetype. I am not saying we should change all the old cards to match certain Fake types. I would like to see a type expansion, allowing for more depth and strategy to the game. There is so much meta game bullshit that it is killing the fun of playing the game. Creativity is what this site is about and all of your hatred of Fake types is killing that Creativity.

No, you didn't “present a valid argument”. You were suggesting that to create a luck based card, you need a new type called "Gambler", while "Sand Gambler", "Time Wizard" and "Legendary Gambler" do fine with there classification of Spellcaster. Others such as "Barrel Dragon", "Snipe Hunter", "Dice Jar" all seem to be more than suited to an irl Type. You also don't understand what I mean by Archetype. To fit the card "Tuning Ace" into an Archetype you call it, "Luck Lord - Tuning Ace", piece of cake. You can then make Archetype specific support for your Luck Lord cards that were built to work together.

If somebody comes up with a decent Fake Type then by all means use it, but anything I can think of can be equally classified as another irl Type. If you make a new Type then the idea is that there would need to be a lot of that Type to make it worth anything and an acceptable addition to the game, but with an Archetype, or Subtype even, 20 or so monsters are more than acceptable.

@Corporal Atlas: You didn’t take up my challenge:/ And your point is mediocre, you said “random guy”; why would someone make a random guy for yugioh that can’t be classed as a Warrior, Spellcaster, Psychic etc? Even the card “People Running About” is happy to be labeled as “Pyro”.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends. Some are terrible' date=' some are actually unique and interesting.

[/quote']

Agreeable, some type like Bluddy F***tard-Type sounds very retarded.

No. They can all be classified into an already existing type. For example...

Human=Spellcaster/Warrior/Psychic

Vampire=Zombie

Ninja=Warrior

Any animal=Beast' date=' Winged-Beast

Mythical animal=Beast, Beast Warrior, Winged-Beast, Dragon

Aquatic Life=Aqua, Sea Serpent, Fish

Etc.

[/quote']

Then, how 'bout Psychic, Fiend... yeah, Vampire isn't Zombie-Type, It's Fiend. Create a fake type called the President-Type? Who IS gonna be the monster.

No. They can all be classified into an already existing type. For example...

Human=Spellcaster/Warrior/Psychic

Vampire=Zombie

Ninja=Warrior

Any animal=Beast' date=' Winged-Beast

Mythical animal=Beast, Beast Warrior, Winged-Beast, Dragon

Aquatic Life=Aqua, Sea Serpent, Fish

Etc.

[/quote']

Then how about Mad Puppet-Type? It could be classified into wich existing type?

Are you stupid? Did you even read what I put about Malice Doll of Demise? If a burger can be a Warrior then a puppet can be a Fiend.

A puppet can't be mad because they have no soul or brain. So to be moving by its self it would have to be a Machine or be possessed/bewitched; Fiend. Mad Puppet would be an archetype, not a type.

EDIT: Reported because I asked if you're stupid? That's pretty weak :/

A puppet like Malice Doll of Demise you mean? Fiend obviously.

Fiend cannot be classified as Mad Puppet' date=' they aren't demons, they are just, mad puppets.

[/quote']

Yes they can because fiend has more then one meaning. Fiend can mean

1. Satan; the devil.

2. any evil spirit; demon.

3. a diabolically cruel or wicked person.

4. a person or thing that causes mischief or annoyance

Here the Puppet is evil and so would be a fiend

Also Mad Puppet would work better as an archtype then as a type. The same goes for most fake types.

I like fake types.And milk chan' date=' not all fake types can be classified into an already existing type.Like the (kind of) famous food type.

[/quote']

Like Felix said, a burger was classified as a warrior.

I mean, it's not like you're going to make cupcakes out of a monster. If you do, you have problems. But depending on the situation, you could classify it as a fairy, if magical, fiend, if demonic or possessed, heck I'm sure I could find a way to even put it in Pyro.

And to whomever said Vampire's aren't Zombies, I say Zombie because of Vampire Lord (Or whatever it's name is. )

A puppet like Malice Doll of Demise you mean? Fiend obviously.

Fiend cannot be classified as Mad Puppet' date=' they aren't demons, they are just, mad puppets.

[/quote']

Mad=Psycho

Puppet or Plushie=Fiend.

Since they made Beast-Warrior, how does Psychic-Fiend sound? It's quite... more general.

Fake types are just idiotic and people think that they show creativity' date=' but they don't.

All you do is change one little word of the whole card, the name is more original then the actually type.

[/quote']

Next you're gonna tell me fake Archtypes are equally bad...

And Zombie-Type doesn't sound good... Zombies aren't ectoplasmic enough.

And how 'bout Pokemon-Type? Another story.

PokeMon is a general enough term for a PokeMon' date=' and if you were to use fake types, while I hate them, I won't bash on you, because it's somewhat sensible. Even though! They could all be classified into a pre-existing group.

I want to say this is a one-sided argument, but hey.

[/quote']

Pre-existing group...

[align=center]Pokemon Type - Yugioh Type

Dark - Fiend

Poison - N/A

Grass - Plant

Water - Aqua

Fire - Pyro

Fighting - Beast-Warrior/Warrior

Dragon - Dragon

Psychic - Psychic

Rock - Rock

Normal - Divine-Beast/Beast

Ghost - Zombie

Bug - Insect

Ice - Aqua[/align]

Which Yugioh Type can replace the Poison Type? Hmmmm...

How about Shoop Da Whooper-Type? Or the Meme-Type Tenkage created?

Or Wooden Object-Type? Nyeah...

Archived