Computer Search: Discussion

How about discarding 2 cards and sending milling one card from your deck to activate the effect?

Lightsworn abuse says hi

I think the discard 2 cards part could stay, but it should be more like Spell Power Grasp/Gather your Mind.

Using multiple copies in 1 turn would just be overkilling, and that way it can (possibly?) stay in 3s

...why would a card be broken in yugioh but uncontrolled in pokemon? Chaos would be amazing with this. Sangan / Witch on field before, Thunder dragon + this in hand (if it was a spell), discard thunder, use this, 3 light in graveyard + CED in hand, SS, nuke, Yata, game.

...it just isn't fair...

...why would a card be broken in yugioh but uncontrolled in pokemon? Chaos would be amazing with this. Sangan / Witch on field before' date=' Thunder dragon + this in hand (if it was a spell), discard thunder, use this, 3 light in graveyard + CED in hand, SS, nuke, Yata, game.

...it just isn't fair...

[/quote']

But thats Traditional.

I think Hikaru was talking about his "made-up" card bieng used in the current Meta-game.

Which isnt Traditional.

I actually didn't remember Thunder Dragon' date=' but that's still a situational combo. The way I see it, you're still wasting 2 turns in order to search a card, just like Sarco, just that you lose 2 turns worth of hand advantage instead of waiting 2 turns to get the card.

[/quote']

A 2-card combo involving at least one Unlimited card and no requirements of ridiculous things on the field isn't situational.

There's about a 48% chance of drawing one copy of a card run at 3 in your starting hand. This card wouldn't really be worth hitting on the list, as it's pretty bad for your hand, but this makes the point moot. Therefore, it's safe to assume that this would stay Unlimited, or maybe Semi'd by Konami's standards.

Therefore, you'd have a 23% or so chance of having one of each within your starting 6 cards if you ran both Thunder Dragon and this at 3. A 1 in 4 chance being situational makes all other combos in the game, unless it's a 1-card combo, situational as well.

...why would a card be broken in yugioh but uncontrolled in pokemon? Chaos would be amazing with this. Sangan / Witch on field before' date=' Thunder dragon + this in hand (if it was a spell), discard thunder, use this, 3 light in graveyard + CED in hand, SS, nuke, Yata, game.

...it just isn't fair...

[/quote']

Then good thing it doesnt exist...

This card wouldn't really be worth hitting on the list' date=' as it's pretty bad for your hand[/quote']

Unless its Pokemon.

Computer Search -> Prof Oak -> Your back at 7 cards again.

I said something like that in my previous post.

Also:

119x8qp.jpg

Confirms that Oak would be reprinted as a Supporter if it were to ever see the light of day again.

This card wouldn't really be worth hitting on the list' date=' as it's pretty bad for your hand[/quote']

Unless its Pokemon.

Also:

119x8qp.jpg

Confirms that Oak would be reprinted as a Supporter if it were to ever see the light of day again.

Because Pokemon needs a good laugh

Oh, and the Oak's effect says you shuffle your hand back into your deck, and then draw 5

Oh, and the new Bill/Oak cards have different names from the origional.

So I can get 4x of the new Oak/Bill, and run them in combination with the origional XD

On-Topic:

Maybe Computer Search(The Yugioh verson) should be a Trap card o_o

That would slow it down, and make it more balanced.

Unless its Pokemon.

Also:

119x8qp.jpg

Can we please stop talking bout teh pokemanz and discuss this card as a hypothetically real one please?

Can we please stop talking bout teh pokemanz and discuss this card as a hypothetically real one please?

I just did.

I said it could possibly be a Trap Card.

Because you would at least have to wait a turn, in order to get your card.

Instead of using it right away and making OTKs even faster.

Oh' date=' and the new Bill/Oak cards have different names from the origional.

[/quote']

Incorrect. Bulbapedia, and every site that does spoiler translations, confirmed that this new Bill is treated as the same card. They are both named "Bill".

@Blaze: Chaos Pudding stole the card idea directly from Pokemon. I couldn't cocievably find a larger invitation anywhere on a YGO forum that wasn't simply "DESKOZ POOGAYMAANZ HEAR!".

OT: I think a balanced version would look like this:

[align=center]249357g.jpg

This card is sent to the graveyard after being activated. Pay one quarter of your Life Points to activate this card. Select one card in your deck and remove it from play. After that' date=' discard a card from your hand. At the beginning of your next Standby Phase, add it to your hand.[/quote'][/align]

Also, it can't be a Normal Spell, because of Diamond Dude.

Incorrect. Bulbapedia' date=' and every site that does spoiler translations, confirmed that this new Bill is treated as the same card. They are both named "Bill".[/quote']

.......But then what about the old verson?

This card is sent to the graveyard after being activated. Pay one quarter of your Life Points to activate this card. Select one card in your deck and remove it from play. After that' date=' discard a card from your hand. At the beginning of your next Standby Phase, add it to your hand.[/quote'][/align]

IMO, Trap card verson >>> Rediculous Continuous Spell verson.

Incorrect. Bulbapedia' date=' and every site that does spoiler translations, confirmed that this new Bill is treated as the same card. They are both named "Bill".[/quote']

.......But then what about the old verson?

IMO, Trap card verson >>> Rediculous Continuous Spell verson.

The old version's treated as a Supporter.

...and I guess you might be right with the Trap thing.

How about "Discard 2 Counter Trap Cards. Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. Then Shuffle the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Computer Search" per turn.

No one would run it.

Can be replaced with:

Normal Trap, Continuous Trap, Normal Spell, Quick-play Spell, Continuous Spell, Equip Spell, etc. Anyone. Choose your pick...or not.

How about "Discard 2 Counter Trap Cards. Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. Then Shuffle the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Computer Search" per turn.

No one would run it.

Can be replaced with:

Normal Trap' date=' Continuous Trap, Normal Spell, Quick-play Spell, Continuous Spell, Equip Spell, etc. Anyone. Choose your pick...or not.

[/quote']

I'm thinking Traps in general. People run so few traps that they will have to dedicate more deckspace to abuse this card. That might balance it out, don't you agree?

No one would run it.

Can be replaced with:

Normal Trap' date=' Continuous Trap, Normal Spell, Quick-play Spell, Continuous Spell, Equip Spell, etc. Anyone. Choose your pick...or not.

[/quote']

I'm thinking Traps in general. People run so few traps that they will have to dedicate more deckspace to abuse this card. That might balance it out, don't you agree?

........Or we could just be lazy and make it like one of those 'Chain' cards from Cyberdark Impact. Lets say you can only activate it as chain-link 3 or higher, and then the rest continues like normal. With the same old discard any 2 cards-part.

Which might end up as the best result.

Basicly we just need Hikaru to come back, and decide on what he wants.

No one would run it.

Can be replaced with:

[/quote']

........Or we could just be lazy and make it like one of those 'Chain' cards from Cyberdark Impact. Lets say you can only activate it as chain-link 3 or higher, and then the rest continues like normal. With the same old discard any 2 cards-part.

Which might end up as the best result.

Basicly we just need Hikaru to come back, and decide on what he wants.

"Activate in a chain-link 3 or higher. Discard 2 cards. Add 1 card from your Deck, to your hand. Then shuffle the Deck."

^^^^Sure.

Guest Chaos Pudding

arnt we all forgetting magical stone ecscavation?

exept this searched from deck

INFACT

2 of theese in starting hand = future fusion plus overload fusion

i never want to see that

Easily solved by banning a card already deserves to be banned anyway.

Archived