Computer Search: Discussion

Guest Chaos Pudding

Computer Search

Normal Spell

Discard 2 cards. Search your Deck for 1 card, and add it to your hand. Shuffle your Deck afterward.

So how about it? How much of a drawback balances how much of a payoff when it comes to tutor cards?

15dq3d0.jpg

>.>

Anyways, while Pokemon has amazing draw power to make it better than any other available search card... Yu-Gi-Oh! does not. So, while Computer search is epic win there, it wouldn't be even close here.

It would probably be printed as a common, and be splashed by n00bs. It's a -2... and how popular was Magical Stone Excavation? Not very.

The cost is too high, but it could search a card that makes up for it... Yet so can Gold Sarcophagus.

15dq3d0.jpg

p><p>Anyways

It would probably be printed as a common, and be splashed by n00bs. It's a -2... and how popular was Magical Stone Excavation? Not very.

The cost is too high, but it could search a card that makes up for it... Yet so can Gold Sarcophagus.

[/quote']

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/rubioriqueno/epic-fail.jpg' alt='epic-fail.jpg'>

OMG that's hilarious! Failnami COMPLETELY Plagarized a Pokemon card ROFL.

15dq3d0.jpg

p><p>Anyways

[/quote']

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/rubioriqueno/epic-fail.jpg' alt='epic-fail.jpg'>

heeheecw2.jpg

Should I tell him that the card was Hypothetical?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hmm... my biggest concern is just how many broken and bannable cards there are. Are we assuming Computer Search is released in a 3-0 meta?

Most, if not all, of my hypothetical cards are made with 3-0 in mind.

15dq3d0.jpg

p><p>Anyways

[/quote']

heeheecw2.jpg

Should I tell him that the card was Hypothetical?

Angry_Pikachu_by_Egnio.png

Pikachu does not approve this card exsitance

Edited: Hold on this is a made up card why is it in the TCG section >.>

15dq3d0.jpg

p><p>Anyways

[/quote']

2qbdlpf.jpg

15dq3d0.jpg

p><p>Anyways

[/quote']

2qbdlpf.jpg

epic-fail.jpg

Mine.

The card might have a good cost, but not enough in my opinion. It only speeds up the game, and any Deck can splash it. You splash it in a noob Deck, it becomes better, but splash it in a meta Deck, they both gain the same boost. So it would not help if it did exist.

Guest Chaos Pudding

You guys aren't getting the topic. I created a hypothetical card to give an example. The actual topic is asking what type of drawbacks would a universal tutor need in order to be balanced.

I actually didn't remember Thunder Dragon, but that's still a situational combo. The way I see it, you're still wasting 2 turns in order to search a card, just like Sarco, just that you lose 2 turns worth of hand advantage instead of waiting 2 turns to get the card.

You guys aren't getting the topic.

When do we?(lawl' date=' jk)

I created a hypothetical card to give an example. The actual topic is asking what type of drawbacks would a universal tutor need in order to be balanced.

I think the draw back cant be as simple as just discarding any 2 cards.

Even if it IS a -2, its still powerfull for the fact that it lets you grab ANY card from your deck(which is why I run it in Pokemanz TCG XD)

Archived