[Banlist DISC] Celestia, Lightsworn Angel

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Celestia,_Lightsworn_Angel

I don't understand why the best of the best on here say this can be at 3. Their reasoning? "It's an archetype-specific monarch." No, it's not. If it was, it would say:

When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Lightsworn" monster, you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

But it doesn't say that. It's not a 1-for-1. It's a +1 that mills. The only additional cost it has is the laughable restriction of having to Tribute a Lightsworn.

So, discuss I guess. [/prepares for flaming]

Guest PikaPerson01

When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Lightsworn" monster' date=' you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.[/i']

If that were the case there'd be no reason to run it over Caius or Raiza.

When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Lightsworn" monster' date=' you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.[/i']

If that were the case there'd be no reason to run it over Caius or Raiza.

I'm not saying that's what the effect should be; I'm saying that effect makes it an archetype-specific monarch. That's obviously not the case. My problem is it's a +1 that mills. Even if it didn't mill, it'd be overpowered.

Salvage's a +1. Ban?

Salvage isn't LIGHT with 2300 ATK.

Salvage doesn't require at least 1 Normal Summon and 1 Summon/Set of a monster of a certain Archetype without interference to function. That being said' date=' perhaps using a Spell Card wasn't a great idea for a comparison.

Yellow Gadget's a +1.

[/quote']

Explain why tribute summoning this and milling Wulfs isn't overpowered.

Please D:

Salvage's a +1. Ban?

Salvage isn't LIGHT with 2300 ATK.

Salvage doesn't require at least 1 Normal Summon and 1 Summon/Set of a monster of a certain Archetype without interference to function. That being said' date=' perhaps using a Spell Card wasn't a great idea for a comparison.

Yellow Gadget's a +1.

[/quote']

Please D:

I've no reason to. Wulf's more problematic than Celestia. It's also a +1 upon being milled, Special Summons so it doesn't cost your Normal Summon, and it's a lucksack card.

Guest PikaPerson01

Because it's effect doesn't read "Send the top 3 cards from your deck to the graveyard, and one Wulf". It's not guaranteed to happen.

Guest PikaPerson01

if u look at it sideways' date=' doesnt this make it a +5 :

+2 card kills

+4 mill, the goal of lightsworn (situational addition)

-1 tribute[/quote']

And Needlebug Nest is a +4? And Painful Choice is a +5? Seriously, you'd have to be pretty damn mentally challenged to think Celestia were a +5.

Guest Chaos Pudding

if u look at it sideways' date=' doesnt this make it a +5 :

+2 card kills

+4 mill, the goal of lightsworn (situational addition)

-1 tribute

yes, semi is good, but is it happening. no

[/quote']

No. Learn to card advantage, please.

Archived