Failheros done right? [DISC]

Well' date=' we know that E-Heros aren't fail

[/quote']

Then stop calling them Failheros. >_>

And the dude got lucky draws, his deck most likely sucks. They're just trying to highlight someone not running a meta deck. Not to mention he won against that dude over a year ago, and his deck has been weakened by new bans and the Extra Deck limit(to clarify, was that implemented by then or was it later?). And I find it hilarious that they call his deck original when it's as mainstream in noncompetitive yugioh as you can get.

EDIT:

On a side note, one of those links in this thread led to one of the most ridiculous things I've seen all day.

R1FMatch-Luna.jpg

On a side note' date=' one of those links in this thread led to one of the most ridiculous things I've seen all day.

[img']http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/R1FMatch-Luna.jpg[/img]

........So, this is what our mystery "Jaden" looks like?

My god, this image's humor is too funny for imagery

No that's a different guy. This is Jaden:

DeckProfile-Cantu-250x242.jpg

No that's a different guy. This is Jaden:

DeckProfile-Cantu-250x242.jpg

Even better XD

[/quote']

Failheroes are a deck type, E-Heros are a set of cards, get it? There are plenty of non-fail E-hero deck types but Failheroes is the type idealizing Jaden and using E-Heroes wrong.

To be honest, there are probobly 3 different types of Failheros.

my build, that uses Enchanted Fitting Room, might be the best way to run 'Failheros'(......although my deck actually wins)

[/quote']

Failheroes are a deck type, E-Heros are a set of cards, get it? There are plenty of non-fail E-hero deck types but Failheroes is the type idealizing Jaden and using E-Heroes wrong.

But you just said he runs a good "Failhero deck", which in itself is a contradiction if the specific type of deck is based around being bad.

[/quote']

But you just said he runs a good "Failhero deck", which in itself is a contradiction if the specific type of deck is based around being bad.

So just because it's an oxymoron makes it wrong? I assume that means "Jumbo shrimp" and "bitter sweet" are now grammatically incorrect? Just because it's good doesn't mean it isn't Failheroes since the definition of Failheroes is the deck using Jaden like strategies and commonly fail. As Arm said, you can make them work, but they would still be classified as Failheroes

As Arm said' date=' you can make them work, but they would still be classified as Failheroes

[/quote']

Lets just leave it like this:

"Failheros" is any D-/E•/E-Hero deck that runs the un-used Heros.

In my case, it would just be Avian and Burst Lady.

In Mr."LOLCHAMPZ" case, it would be Avian, Burst Lady, and Bladedge, Necroshade, Bubbleman, etc.

'"Failhero"'s an official build classification now? Really? >_>

"Jumbo shrimp" are hardly a contradiction. Jumbo = larger than usual, shrimp = tasty crustaceans.

"Bittersweet" is used to describe something that tastes both bitter and sweet due to properties that make it taste bitter and different properties that make it sweet. Taste buds are allowed to taste multiple tastes at once. Try eating sugar and salt at the same time.

I don't recognize "failhero" as a game term or even as a buzzword. It's never been used to "classify" anything before, and I doubt it was coined by anyone who knew what the hell they were talking about. Why you'd even recognize a shitty GX-era Fusion Hero build as "failheroes" is beyond me. Are we to give every relatively non-competitive Decktype the prefix of "fail"?

It's a stupid idea, because we'd be applying the prefix to everything that can't top anything significant. That's a lot of Decktypes. Then, if those builds ever do make a comeback, we'll have to call them "good" failbuilds too.

Think of Decks that've made comebacks in the past after rough times. Good failrocks? Good failmonarchs? Good failcounter fairies? Good failhopeless? Good failsams? Good failsworn?

Seriously, we might as well've been calling LS failsworns during the tele-DAD era. Once they made a comeback, our top build would be a "failbuild".

inb4stupidbullshitposts

[/quote']

So just because it's an oxymoron makes it wrong? I assume that means "Jumbo shrimp" and "bitter sweet" are now grammatically incorrect? Just because it's good doesn't mean it isn't Failheroes since the definition of Failheroes is the deck using Jaden like strategies and commonly fail. As Arm said, you can make them work, but they would still be classified as Failheroes

Those work when you think about it. This does not. It is either a painfully stupid name and unfitting name or a foolish contradiction.

Oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Jumbo Shrimp

Jumbo: very large

Shrimp: Informal. a diminutive or insignificant person (i.e. small, weak) I'll give you this I was off

Bitter Sweet

Bitter: having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste

Sweet: having the taste or flavor characteristic of sugar, honey, etc.

But this is used to describe more than actual taste and is broadened to life experiences being both good and bad, but I'll drop the topic since it's gone way too far off the actual discussion

Archived