Failheros done right? [DISC]

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=427#more-427

A deck list isn't released yet, but there should be one in the next few days. From what I gather, he runs a Failhero deck right and competativly, a task I know isn't impossible, but still provokes thought.

We know he runs Fifth Hope and Bubbleman (you can see it in the pic) and the common Failheros (Spark, Burst, Clayman, etc.), Poly, E-Hero Gaia, and MJ.

Discuss

This is off-topic but... did anyone else notice the article on the Volcanic Beatdown said this?

When Richie discards his first “Volcanic Scattershot' date='” the Scattershot’s effect gives him the option of sending [b']2 more copies from his Deck[/b] to his Graveyard to destroy all of his opponent’s monsters... But to do that Richie needs 2 of his Scattershots in the Deck.

It doesn't require the other 2 to be in the deck, it's either the hand or deck...

Edit: OH, and that he runs Royal Firestorm Guards to make it happen. I still don't understand how RFGs are better than PoA

Guest PikaPerson01

We know he runs Fifth Hope and Bubbleman (you can see it in the pic) and the common Failheros (Spark' date=' Burst, Clayman, etc.), Poly, E-Hero Gaia, and [b']MJ[/b].

I know I'm 100 percent wrong, but when I read "MJ", all I can honestly think of is Michael Jackson. <_<

What's MJ? <_<

I'd love to see a deck-list. I hope he mainly runs the manga heroes over the failing gods of fail. The manga hero fusions aren't really worth it though. The Heat' date=' Lady Heat and Voltic are what does it.

[/quote']

Well, let's list off the mentioned cards from his deck:

Elemental Hero Mariner

Elemental Hero Bubbleman

2x Polymerization

3x Miracle Fusion

3x King of the Swamp

Elemental Hero Stratos

Elemental Hero Prisma

Elemental Hero Sparkman

Elemental Hero Clayman

Elemental Hero Avian

Elemental Hero Bubbleman

Elemental Hero Bladedge

Elemental Hero Necroshade

Elemental Hero Captain Gold

Elemental Hero Gaia

Morphing Jar

Fifth Hope

0x Pot of Avarice

Future Fusion

Elemental Hero Electrum

The Warrior Returning Alive

It's also stated that his deck runs 1 of most E-Heroes.

Looks Anime Jadenish.

We know he runs Fifth Hope and Bubbleman (you can see it in the pic) and the common Failheros (Spark' date=' Burst, Clayman, etc.), Poly, E-Hero Gaia, and [b']MJ[/b].

I know I'm 100 percent wrong, but when I read "MJ", all I can honestly think of is Michael Jackson. <_<

What's MJ? <_<

Morphing Jar

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=393#more-393

Ok, this duel confuses me as there are multiple things that are off, like Sirocco running over an Arcanite with full counters and chaining Necro Gardna to Soul Release... any help?

OT: I think the fact that noone is expecting a Failhero deck helps...

Guest PikaPerson01

Ok' date=' this duel confuses me as there are multiple things that are off, like Sirocco running over an Arcanite with full counters[/quote']

Defense Mode? It's kind of a habit to SS it in defense then blow up the field. Guess he forgot attack was higher then defense that moment.

and chaining Necro Gardna to Soul Release...

I... always thought this was a legal move myself. You telling me it's not? 0_o

You RFG it, and block the next coming attack. Fun way of screwing with your opponent by making them block an attack on a weak monster that couldn't swing over your monster anyway.

Edit: according to lolwiki, Gardna can be RFGed during whenever in your opponent turn, except Damage Step. I assume that means it could logically chain to the activation of a card.

I didn't know you could remove it prior to an attack D: I mean it makes sense, it just never occured to me

Ok' date=' this duel confuses me as there are multiple things that are off, like Sirocco running over an Arcanite with full counters[/quote']

Defense Mode? It's kind of a habit to SS it in defense then blow up the field. Guess he forgot attack was higher then defense that moment.

and chaining Necro Gardna to Soul Release...

I... always thought this was a legal move myself. You telling me it's not? 0_o

You RFG it' date=' and block the next coming attack. Fun way of screwing with your opponent by making them block an attack on a weak monster that couldn't swing over your monster anyway.

Edit: according to lolwiki, Gardna can be RFGed during whenever in your opponent turn, except Damage Step. I assume that means it could logically chain to the activation of a card.

[/quote']

I guess that makes sense, you would just think they would mention it's summoned in DEF mode :?

Honestly, I don't see why he runs it that way.

Wouldn't it be better just to run in a way that makes the deck more consistent?

He said himself that the deck was unpredictable, but that's just the same as saying that he has no set playbook because it's hard to know what he's going to be able to do. It might throw his opponents off, but he'd be lost against an experienced player with any other meta deck.

Well' date=' we know that E-Heros aren't fail, they have plenty of good decks (Big City, Little City, Zero City, etc.) but I've seen maybe one good Failhero fusion deck and I'm fairly certain it was [b']Arm who posted it, or maybe he just had a link...

Its because I'm the only one here who can sucsessfully run an E-Hero deck that uses Enchanted Fitting Room.

Vanilla Heros will work, you just have to do it right ;)

This looks exactly like every other Jaden-copycat deck. In fact, with the exception of Stratos, King of the Swamp, and Morphing Jar, it looks exactly like Judai's own deck. I understand that Fusion Heroes are stronger than they used to be thanks to the new generic-material fusions, but I still see nothing unusual about this deck that makes it any better than a deck that any six-year-old who watches GX could construct.

Guest PikaPerson01

This looks exactly like every other Jaden-copycat deck. In fact' date=' with the exception of Stratos, King of the Swamp, and Morphing Jar, it looks exactly like Judai's own deck. I understand that Fusion Heroes are stronger than they used to be thanks to the new generic-material fusions, but I still see nothing unusual about this deck that makes it any better than a deck that any six-year-old who watches GX could construct.

[/quote']

It placed... something... in a major-ish tournament? <_<

This looks exactly like every other Jaden-copycat deck. In fact' date=' with the exception of Stratos, King of the Swamp, and Morphing Jar, it looks exactly like Judai's own deck. I understand that Fusion Heroes are stronger than they used to be thanks to the new generic-material fusions, but I still see nothing unusual about this deck that makes it any better than a deck that any six-year-old who watches GX could construct.

[/quote']

It placed... something... in a major-ish tournament? <_<

Then that leaves me with only four possible conclusions:

1) There is a subtle decklist difference between this and Jaden Heroes #872 that makes this deck way better. It's such a subtle difference that nobody has noticed it, but the effect is huge.

2) This guy is some sort of Judai-esque dueling genius.

3) With the addition of the new Fusion Monsters, Jaden Heroes in general are good.

4) Stacking.

Take your pick.

Look people, this deck is not good. It got a deck feature, because in the tourney where Dark Armed was first legal, he topped Bubbleman for game against DDT, and people thought it was pretty amusing. Now, he's back, running essentially the same deck. His prospects are bad, and he was given a feature because the Konami reporters used to work for metagame and were like "hey, that guy we all poked fun at a year ago is back, let's report on him."

Look people' date=' this deck is not good. It got a deck feature, because in the tourney where Dark Armed was first legal, he topped Bubbleman for game against DDT, and people thought it was pretty amusing. Now, he's back, running essentially the same deck. His prospects are bad, and he was given a feature because the Konami reporters used to work for metagame and were like "hey, that guy we all poked fun at a year ago is back, let's report on him."

[/quote']

Wow. Some people actually read before they post.

Here' date=' this is the metagame archive of the match. This, is why he is getting a feature:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080328020053/http://metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=33&ArticleId=9322

[/quote']

I lol'd so hard :D

Still, and I realize Crab removed the 1-4 options, I'm going to guess 1 even though we all know it's still Failheros...

Archived