So, What's your Reasoning on the Gate of the Monster?

Before anyone complains, although I could've easily made this less ovbious:

So' date=' What's your [b']Reasoning[/b] on the Gate of the Monster?

So Reasoning and Monster Gate are in the thread's title.

[align=center]50glzo.jpg34xfkec.jpg

Your opponent declares a monster Level. Then pick up cards from the top of your Deck until a monster that can be Normal Summoned is picked up. If that monster is the same Level as the one declared by your opponent' date=' send all picked up cards to the Graveyard. If not, Special Summon the picked up monster and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.[/quote']

Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field. Pick up cards from your Deck until you pick up a monster that can be Normal Summoned' date=' and Special Summon it. Send any other cards picked up to the Graveyard.[/quote'][/align]

Guest Chaos Pudding

The topic title is fine. I just want people to be able to actually use the Search function.

That being said, these cards are pretty fun, but Monster Gate in particular doesn't have very much splashability.

If both of these were back at 3 there would be a gigantic rise of OTK decks. While I love both of these cards (I mean, who DOESN'T like milling their entire deck in a turn and then spamming RDD to the field and OTKing?) there is good reason they are at 1, well, more Reasoning than Monster Gate, but still; they add swarm to almost any deck they are added, though MG requires more set up.

Edit: Both being limited is part of the reason DDT and RDDT were killed, though Disc Commander and Dimension Fusion were more for the former.

Guest JoshIcy

Reasoning is not generic swarm. It mills spells and traps that can never be regained. There's a reason most decks didn't run it when it was at three. It's only good in OTK decks and six samurais.

Not Skill Drain?

And the fact that it would impower OTKs even more doesn't bother you? People complain enough as it is about the speed of the game being too much. I would love to see it at 3 but it being at 3 would also mean OTKs would become even more powerful than they are now. Since many compare Six Sams and BWs (though I have yet to see the reason) wouldn't Reasoning at 3 give them more power also? And since LS already mill themselves, Reasoning would only add more speed, same with Monster Gate.

LS decks NEVER run reasoning and monster gate. Have you seen one competitive build using them? If it's not even possible to splash one copy, it's even less good to try and run a version w/ three.

Six Samurais need reasoning because they need ideally to get a second monster on the field first turn, without two much loss of advantage. Blackwings don't need that because they don't need multiple monsters to use their effects, and they all just SS themselves anyway so there's no need to use another copy to do so.

Reasoning/MG OTKs are ineffective and not worth worrying about. And even then, it is the OTK cards themselves that are the problem, not merely cards that facilitate them. By that logic we could ban hand destruction, because it's only ever used in OTKs. Hey, let's ban upstart goblin. I mean, it's mostly OTKs that use it. And don't even get me started on broken bamboo sword.

Reasoning

Lore: Your opponent declares a monster Level. mill cards until a monster that can be Normal Summoned is picked up. If that monster is the same Level as the one declared by your opponent, Foolish Burial EVERY THING! If not, Special Summon the picked up monster and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Reasoning should stay at 1 due to the fact its ether a mass deck thinner + a Foolish Burial/ Monster Gate. its ether a -1 or a +0.

Monster Gate would be fine at 3 because its a -1, normally.

Reasoning

Lore: Your opponent declares a monster Level. mill cards until a monster that can be Normal Summoned is picked up. If that monster is the same Level as the one declared by your opponent' date=' Foolish Burial EVERY THING! If not, Special Summon the picked up monster and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Reasoning should stay at 1 due to the fact its ether a mass deck thinner + a Foolish Burial/ Monster Gate. its ether a -1 or a +0.

[/quote']

ZOMG TEH +0!!!!

Being a +0 is not anywhere near banworthy. And if reasoning is foolish burial then everyone should stop running foolish and start running needlebug nest.

Reasoning

Lore: Your opponent declares a monster Level. mill cards until a monster that can be Normal Summoned is picked up. If that monster is the same Level as the one declared by your opponent' date=' Foolish Burial EVERY THING! If not, Special Summon the picked up monster and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

[/quote']

ZOMG TEH +0!!!!

Being a +0 is not anywhere near banworthy. And if reasoning is foolish burial then everyone should stop running foolish and start running needlebug nest.

Needlebug doesnt mill X amount of cards, and/or special summon a monster now does it.

Archived