Level 1 Judge Certification Test is now ONLINE!

No' date=' strato's effect can still activate even if torrential isn't played.

[/quote']

Wait, really? Doesn't asking the opponent if they want to use Torrential (regardless of the answer) pass priority to them and thus give up the turn player's chance to use Stratos's effect?

That's what I would have said.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No' date=' strato's effect can still activate even if torrential isn't played.

[/quote']

Wait, really? Doesn't asking the opponent if they want to use Torrential (regardless of the answer) pass priority to them and thus give up the turn player's chance to use Stratos's effect?

Correct.

Was there any other question you were confused about?

I just noticed that in the "Which of the following is not one of the basic steps or requirements to properly Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster?" question, the first answer mentions "face-up" Synchro Material Monsters. I answered "None of the above", but with "face-up" in there, that answer is false and therefore it's not a basic step, so that was the correct answer. That must be what I got wrong.

I just noticed that in the "Which of the following is not one of the basic steps or requirements to properly Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster?" question' date=' the first answer mentions "face-up" Synchro Material Monsters. I answered "None of the above", but with "face-up" in there, that answer is false and therefore it's not a basic step, so that was the correct answer. That must be what I got wrong.

[/quote']

I believe Synchro Materials do have to be face-up.

Note how only people who passed the test post their score...

Guest Chaos Pudding

Oh, I got a 90%. Don't know if I posted that. The Torrential Tribute question got me for one, I'm pretty sure, and I have no idea what the **** I missed for the other one. Might have been the Synchro one like Crab.

Hold on' date=' you're right; SMM do need to be face-up. Bah, that's what I get for leaving for two months.

Wait a minute, asking for a response doesn't imply passing priority? Doesn't giving the opponent a chance to respond mean that you've passed priority to them?

[/quote']

Well since you can't chain to a summon asking a player if they are activating a card isn't illegal. Also priority only means placing the effect of one of your own cards first on the chain.

So If I go summon stratos and ask "anything?" and my opponent goes, "bottomless" all I have to do is declare priority. No judge would penalize a player for doing so.

I only took it once... 85%. Not too bad, I suppose.

So, like... is this supposed to get us enrolled in the Judge Program, if we scored high enough? It seemed a little too simply for that to be the case...

By the way, some of those questions seemed a bit simplistic. And it looked almost as if they threw in some of the information just to distract you from the real question. >_>

I only took it once... 85%. Not too bad' date=' I suppose.

So, like... is this supposed to get us enrolled in the Judge Program, if we scored high enough? It seemed a little too simply for that to be the case...

By the way, some of those questions seemed a bit simplistic. And it looked almost as if they threw in some of the information just to distract you from the real question. >_>

[/quote']

Doesn't every good test do that?

[/quote']

Yeah, that's true... but I thought that tactic was reserved for High School math tests? >_>

And I doubt it's happened yet, but has anyone gotten anything from the Judge lady regarding their own test results/certification?

[/quote']

Yeah, that's true... but I thought that tactic was reserved for High School math tests? >_>

And I doubt it's happened yet, but has anyone gotten anything from the Judge lady regarding their own test results/certification?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does 2-3 days=4-5 weeks?

I got 80% I'm pretty sure I got all the question regarding field spell wrong since I've never played one.

What happens if your opp. has one active but you play yours and they solemn?

Yours is negated and destroyed. Since there was no resolution, the opponent's spell stays intact. Even if you played MST, it would be the same.

Archived