Level 1 Judge Certification Test is now ONLINE!

NOTE: This is a cut-down version of the Judge List e-mail from Julia Hedburg, Konami Judge Manager, to myself. Do not ask me about all of the specifics. All I could give you is general knowledge and clarity. I have read the test and it's a lil tricky and requires a lot of thinking. Good luck!

/NOTE

Hello Judges and aspiring Judges!

Great news for everyone today – the online Rulings Certification Level 1 test is approved and ready for you to take! I hope everyone has studied…if you think you are ready, you can head right on over to http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/judges/index.html and have a go.

You will need to be 16 years old to take the test. In order to have your certification be validated, you’ll need a valid COSSY ID and an email address. No one will have your email address but myself, and I’ll only use it to contact you about the judge program. It isn’t being collected in an online database.

This is a 20 question, multiple choice test. You will need to score at least 80% in order to pass. You’ll be told your score immediately after you submit the test, and I’ll contact you some weeks later confirming your certification. It can take up to a few weeks because I have to do it personally by checking the test log, there isn’t an automatic function to do this. So have pity on your Judge Manager, and wait patiently for me to let you know I’ve confirmed your certification. Seriously, you don’t need to email me, message me online, or call me to ask when I’m going to send the email. I’ve got a lot to do, and some of it has set deadlines.

For those of you new to the Judge Program, let me point out our current resources!

First off, you are part of this Judge Program Email List. I will periodically send out email alerts such as this one, to keep you informed of the program.

Second, www.yugioh-card.com is the best official source for OP updates and general news about the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Product release dates, card legality, card rulings for recent releases, and the latest news about Organized Play can be found here.

I am currently working on building a Judge Program section for the site. It will take some time to get everything together, but we will be providing you with a centralized source for your information.

Third, I have an unofficial Judge Group on Facebook. I am aware you would all like forums and I am working to try and get them, but in the meantime drop by the group “Adjudication Conflagration” on Facebook (if you are a member of Facebook) and join in the discussions. There are a number of experienced judges here, and the group is a good source of support and information.

Lastly, if you use Twitter you can subscribe to my OP and judge account, OP_on_a_stick. I’ll use this to make OP and judge announcements, as well as the occasional tournament update or KDE news break.

2010 should be an exciting year for OP! If everything goes our way, you’ll be seeing new kinds of events and new markets opening. When it is an exciting time for OP, it is also an exciting time for the Judge Program – we can’t make all of this happen without judges; so I hope all of you will do your part to study, get certified, and stick with us as the program progresses.

Best wishes for those of you taking the test! There are good things in store.

Julia

Julia Hedberg

Judge Manager

Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. (Card Business)

310.220.8669 office

JUDGE TEST LINK IS ALSO HERE:

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/judges/index.html

PSA: You WILL NEED a name (obviously), an email address, and a COSSY ID. You also need to be at least 16 years of age. Please do not take the test merely just to take the test, per se. This is for serious duelists. You MIGHT be contacted for judging later.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, some of the questions are just redicuslously easy

[spoiler=zomg spoiler, we better not cheat *hint*]

2n66l9c.png

But I think they only added "easy" ones, to try and trick the test-taker, thinking there is some hidden answer somewhere.

Oh, and not all of them are "you have to be a rulings nazi"-type of question.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are about 100 different ones. Though you only really answer 20 that are picked at random.

Guest PikaPerson01

Eh, got a 60. I think I'd like to blame it on it being so late and being poorly worded, but I don't think I can since I am rather out of practice...

The judge program never tells you what you missed. Its part of thier "stay updated on the rulings" things.

Also the benifit of being a judge is

The ability to attend Events, and earn packs as a reward.
UDE often flew judges to big events like Nats and worlds so they can gain experience... For free. (You do have to submit an essay however, and This is konami now, I don't know if they will still do it.)

And you get to meet cool people... LIKE A BOSS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

^_^ Happy Halloween see YCM after the sneak peek.

Archived