Featured Clubs/Org. Application Thread

Flame Dragon

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club o fun from Leo has a set topic' date='[/b'] and Hollywood doesn't have a set topic like what ЦᄂƬIMΛƬΣ magician said. So if Hollywood doesn't have a set topic, why is it sticked then? And Flame Dragon, I am asking you this question.

Because I'm not the one who stickied it.

They do have a topic of sorts, but it wouldn't be one I would pick to be a sticky. Still I will not unstick it since that would be wrong.

We always have a Topic

and Hunter told why he stickied it and its a good reason

Does the discussion have to be ongoing?

So like a club with a theme?

Yea. You need to be talking about some set topic.

Also I am not taking any more apps ATM. Right now I want feedback on the new form and if any changes should be made. Such as "the post count was to high". It was so I cut it down to 500.

Do we have to be on about that set topic all the time?

Because the SCGC isn't.

Also I am not taking any more apps ATM. Right now I want feedback on the new form and if any changes should be made. Such as "the post count was to high". It was so I cut it down to 500.

Because the SCGC isn't.

You need a general theme. This includes stuff like pokemon, the forum, fake types, etc.

Because the SCGC isn't.

You need a general theme. This includes stuff like pokemon' date=' the forum, fake types, etc.

[/quote']

ok and flame i think your the most intaligent of the mods they sould make you a super mod its true your the top on my list

SCGC has a set topic. Graphics.

RP.820 has a set topic. RPing.

That's what he means. Clubs like LCOF and Planet 69 are great' date=' but can get spammy enough to not be sticky-worthy. That's at least how I interpret it. Flame Dragon should be a super mod. ^_^

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

And thanks for all the super support, but we already have 3 good active supers so I'm not really needed. And even if I would like to be a super to help the forum even more, I'm happy with what I have right now.

That's what he means. Clubs like LCOF and Planet 69 are great' date=' but can get spammy enough to not be sticky-worthy. That's at least how I interpret it. Flame Dragon should be a super mod. ^_^

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

And thanks for all the super support, but we already have 3 good active supers so I'm not really needed. And even if I would like to be a super to help the forum even more, I'm happy with what I have right now.

So any club that doesn't have a set topic can't be stickied?

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

Yea. As it was said those topics can easily become a spam hole.

Also I'm going to leave this open for about another day or so so get any last min comments in now. After that the form will be as is and this will get locked till I take any new stcikies.

That's what he means. Clubs like LCOF and Hollywood are great' date=' but can get spammy enough to not be sticky-worthy. That's at least how I interpret it. Flame Dragon should be a super mod. ^_^

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

Also I'm going to leave this open for about another day or so so get any last min comments in now. After that the form will be as is and this will get locked till I take any new stcikies.

In our club we have diffrent topics

which arent Spammy

we also help people in it like right now where helping Yugioh 5ds for him to get brushes

and we also rate other peoples cards and sigs

That's what he means. Clubs like LCOF and Hollywood are great' date=' but can get spammy enough to not be sticky-worthy. That's at least how I interpret it. Flame Dragon should be a super mod. ^_^

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

which arent Spammy

we also help people in it like right now where helping Yugioh 5ds for him to get brushes

So long as those topics fall under one "umbralla" topic I really don't care about topic jumping. However if your club does something like go from Halo to MvC or Digimon to Beyblades, then I won't sticky it.

TBQH I really would want to lock that kind of thread since it is mainly just random talk about what ever may come to mind.

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

which arent Spammy

So long as those topics fall under one "umbralla" topic I really don't care about topic jumping. However if your club does something like go from Halo to MvC or Digimon to Beyblades, then I won't sticky it.

TBQH I really would want to lock that kind of thread since it is mainly just random talk about what ever may come to mind.

So where do I make Thread where i Help people and people post there cards and GFX

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

which arent Spammy

So where do I make Thread where i Help people and people post there cards and GFX

Well the "umbralla" of that club would be helping people with the forum, GFX, and card making.

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

which arent Spammy

Well the "umbralla" of that club would be helping people with the forum, GFX, and card making.

Oh. *stares at club*

So mine might get locked do to Spammyness if the Topics get out of control?

[/quote']

This sums it up really.

which arent Spammy

Oh. *stares at club*

So mine might get locked do to Spammyness if the Topics get out of control?

It comes down to how bad it is. Cause if you jump around a lot you loss sight of what the whole point of the club was.

right now the basics for how I'm going to handle things is

Not really that bad: I'll warn the club.

Getting bad: I'll temp lock it for a day or so.

If it's really bad: I'll just lock it with little chance of me unlocking it.

Yea I'm planning for that to be the basic rule. I'm still working on them TBQH.

Darn' date=' you won't accept any clubs yet. >_

Could you give an approximate date when you will accept clubs?

[/quote']

When we have more openings. So I can't give any real date.

If anything the next chance people will have is if I unstick all the current clubs and take ones that meet my standards.

Also to note those clubs that are already stuck will have a greater chance of getting restuck should I go though with this.

And on last thing I just thought about doing, if their isn't really much of a chance for new clubs to be stuck by current ones remaining active I may make it so clbs can only be stuck for 3 months. This way we can keep getting new clubs, but also give a good amount of time to the clubs that get the spot light to keep it.

Again these are all ideas and I'm not really sure if any of these will change or if I'll even go though with them.

@Flame Dragon - I know you said that the topic should be under "one umbrella". But in our Club(DeMeNTeD, Me, and Monkey as leaders), we talk about almost anything and everything. If you want, you may call it generic. One of the reasons why we named it "The ♣" is because we wanted it to be anonymous. We wanted to be generic in a sense that anyone can join "The ♣" regardless if that member loves Anime, GFX, Card Making, Naruto, Food, school, etc.. Our club is focused on real life activities, real life drama, agenda, personal growth, etc. Hey, we even give advice to those who have real life probs at school, home, friends, etc. We always wanted our club to be called a "home" by any member where they can share and learn things. We have a lot of members in our club ranging from epic to newbie. But try to look at those newbie who joined us. It's either they matured or learned something new. As much as i want our club to be stickied, your rule about "topics under one umbrella" is the exact opposite of what we believe in. But nonetheless, i hope that doesn't affect our application and interest. And while at it, why don't you join "The ♣".

Thanks!

pitski

So flame dragon have you looked into my club? which is thus far the only one that has used the new form.

No. I'm not taking apps ATM.

@Flame Dragon - I know you said that the topic should be under "one umbrella". But in our Club(DeMeNTeD' date=' Me, and Monkey as leaders), we talk about almost anything and everything. If you want, you may call it generic. One of the reasons why we named it "The ♣" is because we wanted it to be anonymous. We wanted to be generic in a sense that anyone can join "The ♣" regardless if that member loves Anime, GFX, Card Making, Naruto, Food, school, etc.. Our club is focused on real life activities, real life drama, agenda, personal growth, etc. Hey, we even give advice to those who have real life probs at school, home, friends, etc. We always wanted our club to be called a "home" by any member where they can share and learn things. We have a lot of members in our club ranging from epic to newbie. But try to look at those newbie who joined us. It's either they matured or learned something new. As much as i want our club to be stickied, your rule about "topics under one umbrella" is the exact opposite of what we believe in. But nonetheless, i hope that doesn't affect our application and interest. And while at it, why don't you join "The ♣".

Thanks!

pitski

[/quote']

The main problem with this kind of club is it basicly takes the whole of the section and pushes it into topic. Hell I'm sure some of the topic can even fall into other areas of general. It's for this reason I don't like those kinds of clubs. And because thir is no topic it's just general talk, which would be spam.

sorry, but that is how it is.

Archived